Super Villian Peter Moore supports Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Super Villian Peter Moore supports Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 pm

He is one of the more down to earth and better speakers. I also got to play a lot of sega games on my xbox that would have probably ever existed at all (panzer) but, i'm not so keen on those ideas. Atleast I know Panzer wouldn't have existed as cool looking without the xbox support.

I do think shenmue 1 and 2 would have made sense on ps2, for the future of the franchise though..
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Arm Wrestler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 pm

The first Shenmue game I played was the second one on Xbox, so thank you Peter Moore.
Arm Wrestler
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ARokitLawnChair » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 am

I only ever played the first Shenmue at my friends house and his 3rd disc was faulty. If it wasn't Peter selling it to Xbox I probably wouldn't of got to buy it and be here.
ARokitLawnChair
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: ARokitLawnChair
XBL: ARokitLawnChair
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Hadesillo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:16 am

Mr357 wrote: Fuck you Peter Moore.

mjq jazz bar wrote: What did he do wrong? I don't remember.

He sold the exclusive rights to the full English version of Shenmue to Microsoft, hence why we didn't get Shenmue 2 in the US on the Dreamcast, and why Europe got the Japanese dialogue.

So as an european I should be fucking grateful to him :mrgreen:
Hadesillo

XBL: Hadesillo

Postby Thief » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:26 am

^ at the very least, he's the reason why there are two english-oriented versions of Shenmue II -- english dubbed and japanese subbed -- which means people can enjoy the game in two different ways.

Thief has received 4 thanks from: Anthony817, asnozz, Henry Spencer, Truck_1_0_1_
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 am

Arm Wrestler wrote: The first Shenmue game I played was the second one on Xbox, so thank you Peter Moore.

+1

Though I also bought a Dreamcast years after to play the first game and the second with Japanese subtitles 8)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:48 am

I remember buying PAL Shenmue 2 on ncsx.com for like $60. Got the game and it froze once I passed over the bridge into Wan Chai. Spent an entire day cleaning it with mouthwash until the disc was perfect and it payed flawlessly. Beautiful memories.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah, now with technological advancements, we can play Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast with English speech, or emulate it on PC. There are no Xbox emus so the way it sits the Xbox speech mod for Dreamcast is the only way to play that version on PC.

Now there is a way, granted you need rare 99min cdr's, or an optical drive emu, but still we fixed that problem so we should kind of let it go now. Sure I would have loved to even have the internet back then to know that you could import the 2nd game, but I am glad I didn't play part 2 on Dreamcast until I got smith release so I got to play it the way I always preferred.

Xbox had something like 20-24 million systems sold, Dreamcast had like 10 million. There was a way for more people to be able to play part 2 on an Xbox or 360, since that game is able to be played over HDMI so the picture can look really great.

I still prefer it on my Dreamcast though, nothing beats playing it the way it was meant to be played.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Previous

Return to Shenmue III