Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

So with Shenmue needing us more than ever, we have been trying to gather our heard earned pennies to make the long awaited Shenmue 3 a full reality. Yu needs $11,000,000 and i feel i need to do everything to help him! So i decided that i have a lot of things in my collection that, when compared to Shenmue, i just dont need. I always said if a Shenmue kickstarter came along, i would pledge $10,000 and i am! But at a sacrifice... i will be selling off some items from my gaming collection, including some rarities.

This topic is for anyone who feels the same, and wants to advertise any auctions they have ongoing to help raise funds for a Shenmue pledge. I know we all dont want to be buying stuff right now, but just in case you have any friends that may be interested in some items you could let them know? Or perhaps, are members of other forums who would have been looking for something specific etc.

However, this is important.... AUCTIONS MUST BE FOR SHENMUE FUNDS ONLY! This is why this topic has been allowed. Only to sell items that you are adding to the Kickstarter! Of course we have no way of actually checking this fully, so we are relying on good faith that the topic will not be abused.

All posts must have a link to the item, and also a title, or brief description if you like. I will post mine under this if you just want to follow that template.

Thanks, and good luck! Lets get Yu the money he needs for Shenmue III.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:34 pm

If someone is willing, I'd like to buy a PAL version of Shenmue. The disc on the one I bought years back was never in the best of condition and I'd rather not hurt the laser on my new Dreamcast.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:37 pm

How much you willing to pay?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:43 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: How much you willing to pay?

PM me what you want for it, as long as it's going to the KS.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:45 pm

I'll swap you my PAL Dreamcast plus Shenmue I & II PAL for a replica jacket, pal.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Yama wrote: If someone is willing, I'd like to buy a PAL version of Shenmue. The disc on the one I bought years back was never in the best of condition and I'd rather not hurt the laser on my new Dreamcast.

Argh! Yama I wish I'd have known last week before I sold my spare copy on Ebay. The discs were pretty much in flawless condition too. I did make £120 off it along with Shenmue 2 though, all of which has gone to the KS.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Same G. I sold my 2 copies last week.

A few more items on my ebay. I will link them when I get the chance. A PS3 bundle, Turtle Beach COD Ghosts LE headphones, few Xbox One games etc.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Peter wrote: Same G. I sold my 2 copies last week.

A few more items on my ebay. I will link them when I get the chance. A PS3 bundle, Turtle Beach COD Ghosts LE headphones, few Xbox One games etc.

Did you get all the money from your other auctions.

In the past I had people wanting to wait a week or even longer to pay. Just curious if any of you were running into payment issues since the dead line of the KS is so fast.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:11 am

Ryo Fhan wrote:

In the past I had people wanting to wait a week or even longer to pay. Just curious if any of you were running into payment issues since the dead line of the KS is so fast.

I always put my auctions up as a "Buy It Now" so that people have no choice but to pay instantly. Almost every time I auctioned something in the past, someone would win then never pay. It got on my proverbials so much I never, ever do auctions anymore. "Buy It Now" is your best option!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:47 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Ryo Fhan wrote:

I always put my auctions up as a "Buy It Now" so that people have no choice but to pay instantly. Almost every time I auctioned something in the past, someone would win then never pay. It got on my proverbials so much I never, ever do auctions anymore. "Buy It Now" is your best option!

its good to do this with things you aren't in a rush for,they will almost find a time to sell (make more money this way)

also, for thngs that you cant easily find such as old things that aren't popular but can place a high value on such as old pop up books or old things you cant seem to find on ebay at all. You'll make more money putting a bin and leaving it,versus an auction that may sell it for 5 dollars. people also don't know what the value is. so, if it looks cool and old and you don't know either slap 100 dollars on It. It will sell
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Vigaman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 am

Here are a couple of items I have put up on eBay for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vigamanex/m.htm ... pg=&_from=

Some are auctions but most are Buy-It-Now, as the quicker I could get these fund, the quicker it could go toward Shenmue III Kickstarter. I might put up more items later, so check back in a few days. If you are from outside the US, and interested in anything, PM me and we will figure out the shipping piece together. Thanks!
Vigaman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Nintendo Gamecube Bundle - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201388074163

Sega Saturn Bundle - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201388065666

Halo Master Chief Collection - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201386254751

Watch Dogs (Xbox One) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201386252842

Limited Edition COD Turtle Beach Headphones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201386251870

GTA V (Xbox One) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201386251160

Titanfall (Xbox One) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201386253922
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue III