Updated Ryo Model

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Updated Ryo Model

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:17 am

It really goes to show how far ahead of the time they were when they made the passport heads.
It still looks so much more well crafted and the hair it just miles better.

We should ask Yu directly why he doesn't use the original model and design and work with it. And do show him Esppiral's work.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby squall » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:30 am

Yeah, the videos/pictures of the old models running through upscalers look much better (aside from textures). I don't see why they are having such a hard time getting his look set.

Honestly, Ryo looked better on the Saturn.

- Negativity aside, I realize it's very early, and that they probably didn't have many funds for the demo. I just think they'd have been better off using old content (if SEGA allowed it) and capturing it in HD rather than showing sub-par new content. I mean, the videos we have on here of upscaled prologues & endings, etc are so impressive. And they are 15+ year old models!
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby benayun88 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:51 am

Esppiral wrote: I will sound pretentious...but if they still using that crappy models in the next few months of development, I may send them the passport heads I tweakd to them to use as a reference...

Dude do us all a favor and please find some sort of way to send this to awesome japan - Yu Suzuki should use your model no question. In my opinion its perfect.

benayun88 has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
benayun88
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby Technophilz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 am

Ryo's model from Shenmue 1 - Dreamcast

phpBB [video]

Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Master Mo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 pm

I think this new model is vastly improved. This guy really looks like Ryo. They just need to tweak it a little more.

Now I already said it in the other thread concerning the character model but from the beginning I thought Shenhuas Model is way more different than Ryos. So honestly I`d love to see hers change too. Because right now she doesn`t look like then Shenhua I know at all...

I`m really wondering if they still have access to the sculptures they made back in the day or if those still exist. As far as I hear Suzuki-San already confirmed that he can use assets from Shenmue I&II.
Master Mo

Postby Gen » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Why are people refering to this as a new model? It's obviously a photoshopped version of the same model from the kickstarter video. They probaby felt they had to show something because of impatient fans pestering them with questions about how terrible Ryo (and Shenhua IMO) looks in the kickstarter video. Now I agree with this, but I don't think it should be a concern since there is no way that this is how the actual models will look. And no they don't need a clay model to get the right look, they just have to look at some pictures / old 3d-models and put some work into it, which they didn´t do with the kickstarter models.

Gen has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Gen

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:33 pm

What Cedric has retweeted is interesting :
Our dear Ryo Hazuki we all love :
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Updated Ryo Model

Postby Yama » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:40 am

Development hasn't even started, the model will likely be made from scratch yet. Not sure why anyone cares about this, nor why YSNet would put any emphasis on it. This is more or less a conceptual sketch barely brought to life for the sake of showing "something".
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III