mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Re: Awesome Japan

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I'm not saying that not every day can make a difference. But I think it will be hard to get a differnt company to run the KS. Please tweet Cedric though. :)

I know Schweini, I know.

Just tweeted him, I regret that I have not done before.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Sony's involvement was more than welcome for the sake of the campaign. The problem is that whenever bad publicity is on, Awesome Japan doesn't do much to try to address the issue on the spot.

I feel bad for Yu Suzuki, as Awesome Japan is his only avenue of communication and he can only depend on them to make this work.

It's unlikely to me that it's possible to change teams now (they could hire external help though if budget allows Yu to do so), otherwise we will just continue to do what we must do.

It was no kidding when Yu Suzuki said that the future of Shenmue 3 was in our hands, literally. :rotflmao:

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: mjq jazz bar, PacemaŜinobo
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:26 pm

I just sent a message directly to Awesome Japan by their official website.

A lot of Shenmue fans are really worried about your kickstarter handling. The twitch held yesterday with Yu Suzuki was catastrophic and gave credits to our concerns : nothing to learn, very bad sound, too short Q&A and unprofessional. I felt sincerely sorry for Yu Suzuki.

The kickstarter page is also poorly done. What makes Shenmue so great is not explained enough and that discourages newcomers. Then it's not a surprise to see that the evolution of the pledges have slowed a lot.

When you compare this with the other kickstarters based on video games, the problem is obvious. Please, do more efforts and show some respect.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Think Yu Suzuki has too be looked at as well. He hired these guys and has kept them around the entire time and it's not like this was the only cock up, the whole campaign has been a shambles. These guys are seriously out of their depth and looking at their previous track record they where out of their depth with smaller projects. It may sound like a naive comment but I really think Shenmue 3 must be one of the easiest Kickstarter's too run. It has been funded in record time but Sony alone did the work too get it there. Nothing Awesome Japan has done has contributed to that total, that is down to the Shenmue name alone.

I was waiting for Paypal to pledge but do I really trust these guys too arrange sending out all the rewards? Looking at how long it took the hippie too open the watch case I'd imagine they will finish packing and sending stuff out at some point in 2025.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Talks about the problems with Awesome Japan running the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby code l name » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:07 pm

It certainly is concerning. As many have said there's been some very easy to replicate KS campaigns out there but yesterday's Twitch stream was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. I do think it's a case of AJ simply as the podcast alluded to not having the capabilities to manage such a large campaign.

Let's hope our concerns ensure they pull up their socks in the final stretch.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:25 pm

*facepalm* Bastards.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:52 pm

I'd fire them and not pay them a penny. I seriously doubt they could organize suing someone.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jack » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm

BlueMue wrote: I really wonder why Yu Suzuki picked these guys. Maybe because they're the cheapest?

This made me lol. Basically Awesome Japan are the "Asia Travel Company" of Kickstarter marketing.

I'm just thankful that the one thing AJ are doing at least fairly competently so far, the rewards tier, is the one thing that will probably provide the most incentive for people to donate. The only other thing i can think of that will inspire others to donate is actual hard evidence of the game's development, but that sadly will be long after the kickstarter has finished. Which is why I think it's imperative they provide a long term funding option.
Jack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Jack wrote:
BlueMue wrote: I really wonder why Yu Suzuki picked these guys. Maybe because they're the cheapest?

This made me lol. Basically Awesome Japan are the "Asia Travel Company" of Kickstarter marketing.

QTE chase to catch Joel Tess confirmed for Shenmue III.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:18 pm

So...today we made less than 5k in 12 hours so far...yep, that stream has been the disaster we didnt need.

:(
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I really think Shenmue 3 must be one of the easiest Kickstarter's too run. It has been funded in record time but Sony alone did the work too get it there. Nothing Awesome Japan has done has contributed to that total, that is down to the Shenmue name alone.

I was waiting for Paypal to pledge but do I really trust these guys too arrange sending out all the rewards? Looking at how long it took the hippie too open the watch case I'd imagine they will finish packing and sending stuff out at some point in 2025.

Haha, it seemed to me like he was extremely careful since it's exclusive. He didn't want even to leave fingerprints! Would they still be around by the way to send the rewards? I thought that this would happen at release. Maybe by YS Net then?

But it's true that things have been going forward in large part due to Sony, the Shenmue name and the fans. I've seen a few people who never played the series and pledged but YS Net should try to get more of them interested. It would be good if they could show more work on Shenmue III before the campaign is over.

Now that I think of it...I thought that they would explain higher tiers. I wanted to know what Yu had in mind.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby drunkensailor » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:49 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: We'll be ok. They made the $2 million goal in less than a day and are somehow making more money today than they have in the past week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/mo ... ef=sidebar

Shenmue 3 is also steadily climbing into the top 10 most funded Kickstarters of all time, with 20 days to go.

and how is that going to bring us to 11 million dollars? :roll:
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:54 pm

I never said it would. =D>

It probably wouldn't have made it to $11 million with a great team backing it. Look at where Bloodstained is. That's the best a video game has done on Kickstarter and it didn't even hit $6 million.

At least Shenmue III is funded and still has 20 (more like 19) days of funding left.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III