Awesome Japan

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Awesome Japan

Postby long lightbulb » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Cédric is actually answering a lot of tweets about AJ complains !

mémémargot : "Cedric I am disappointed, I know you love Shenmue more than anything else, don't let Awesome Japan destroy everything"
Cédric Biscay : "It is being looked into."

I love when he writes like this. [-o< I don't expect so much though.

Very interesting...

long lightbulb has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, Miles Prower
long lightbulb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Biscay is probably the best thing to happen to this Kickstarter.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:22 pm

He's also retweeted some good suggestions, like adding videos about Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 1/2 to the front page. I'm encouraged that he's actually taken our messages seriously.

That takes some of the bitterness out of this $8.5K day.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby LucBu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:27 pm

This is exciting, Biscay's doing something. And he retweeted and favourited me. Yesterday, so did Corey Marshall. It's been a good two days.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

8.5k today ?? Fuck, that's low.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 pm

The job of a producer is to locate the funds for a particular project, right? or set stuff up and things like that ?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby ys » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Yokosuka wrote:I love when he writes like this. [-o<

Naughty? :heart: And isn't he dreamy? :heart:
Just kidding :mrgreen:

Yokosuka Martian wrote:The job of a producer is to locate the funds for a particular project, right? or set stuff up and things like that ?

It depends a bit from industry to industry but in most cases it's taking care of the business side of things, make people follow schedules. The overall picture.
There are producers involved in the creative side. Some on a general level, others more detailed. I myself did a creative producing job for bands before. Besides regular mixing they largely let me decide the overall sound and structure of the album (pauses in between songs, when to use fade outs etc.). This can alter how the music gets perceived.

ys has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Snakiest » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:18 pm

I am quite frustrated, too. I have a feeling they did nothing for the campaign.

Sent from my SCL22 using Tapatalk
Snakiest

Postby artnos » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 pm

All of this complaining did anyone reach out to Awesome Japan? I did and they got back to me right away and assured me they would ask my questions in the next stream show. He also told me what they were working on next which I wont spoil. I was just as angry as you guys after the stream but I calm down. And after talking to him and how accessible he was, that they are capable of doing the job.

Like the man said "be patient be patient". And don't blame awesome japan because Shenmue 3 doesn't reach 11 million, it was never destined to. It is going to hit 5 million the most.
artnos
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: artnos

Postby ys » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm

I noticed now that the latest update had a video in English and one in Japanese (no subtitles?). Maybe they changed this due to discussions here about people who wanted to hear the original voices.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby BayStone » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

ys wrote: I noticed now that the latest update had a video in English and one in Japanese (no subtitles?). Maybe they changed this due to discussions here about people who wanted to hear the original voices.

Wait what? :) I thought the issue was that there should be only one video, technically, with japanese voice and english subtitle?
BayStone
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Apparently 8-4 was originally going to work on this, but they were too busy. They knew about it for a couple years, too. Heard on their latest podcast. I guess Yu went with the second group they could find in Japan. Oh well.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LucBu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:Apparently 8-4 was originally going to work on this, but they were too busy. They knew about it for a couple years, too. Heard on their latest podcast. I guess Yu went with the second group they could find in Japan. Oh well.

You got a link? I'd be interested to hear the podcast if there's a recording. Thanks.
LucBu

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:34 pm

mjq jazz bar has received 2 thanks from: Axm, LucBu
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

The Twitch “event” only confirmed what a lot of us had been suspecting: Awesome Japan are amateurs. Not only is the planning virtually nonexistent (i.e. coming up with plan B after plan A’s already run its course), Tess & Co (Tessco?) seem to be depending way too much on Shenmue fans to chew their work for them. That’s all this KS amounts to so far: long-term Shenmue fans sending in their contributions and suggestions whilst coming up with awesome marketing ploys on their own.

“Why care about Shenmue 3? Got it. You are very right. Top priority now getting the message across. We will have the page updated soon”

“More rewards? Yes working on them now. Thank you for the ideas!”
-Awesome Japan.

OK …but then why didn’t you come up with this sh*t yourselves months ago when you were first contracted, as opposed to scrambling after the fact? Are we running this campaign ourselves? I’m all for it, just hand over Suzuki & Biscay’s e-mail addresses. Pretty sure we'd have a shot at turning things around, actually.

Now, for the million dollar questions (how I wish this were only a pun):

-Why would any non Shenmue fan even want to give this KS a shot as is, when there’s nothing that glorifies [much less showcases] the first 2 installments anywhere on the page?

-When exactly will Cedric Biscay and YS decide to step up their game?
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III