What in the world happened with the KS today?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:19 am

Bronze statue replica of Tom's Hot Dog. $7000. I'd be sold.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Amir
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:19 am

Hopefully they think of something for 10,000 and more than 3 or 4 spots

Physical reward could actually bring in a million possibly if people sink into it. I figure if half the 29 backers jump on it and if it's got a 60, 100 and possibly more tier it could really get it moving as all those people who are just stuck at 29 finally make the leap. of course if it happens, we honestly need a big push for it with gifs , beautiful images and really celebrate it, get the word out for all those people who donated and left the scene.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby ys » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:20 am

Peter wrote: I will moderate these boards and take the action I feel is necessary to keep them running as they should. Keep topics on point. There are topics dedicated to Awesome Japan and their Kickstarter management. Keep them in there.

Considering the topic it's a given that the ones running things will likely be discussed. Or? There's not much else I think besides observing the statistics. Anyway, I'll take my longer answer to the other thread. There were already a few similar ones regarding them.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:25 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: Hopefully they think of something for 10,000 and more than 3 or 4 spots

I don't see the problem considering the dinners are 1 on 1 with Yu. He could just free up an extra week for 7 more spaces, resulting in that tier bringing in $100,000. If the issue if there are only enough scripts, then just handwrite more, or print them! If not that, offer replica mirrors. It's not hard to solve.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:26 am

ys wrote:
Peter wrote: I will moderate these boards and take the action I feel is necessary to keep them running as they should. Keep topics on point. There are topics dedicated to Awesome Japan and their Kickstarter management. Keep them in there.

Considering the topic it's a given that the ones running things will likely be discussed. Or? There's not much else I think besides observing the statistics. Anyway, I'll take my longer answer to the other thread. There were already a few similar ones regarding them.

Clearly after the mess the other thread was and since I left the thread even with trying to get it to take a different route, I'm clearly not trying to go anywhere near the ideas of that thread :sad:
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:54 am

It isn't that hard there are a lot of things he could do. He doesn't have to have a dinner and script. He can do an office tour and give a session to a group of gamers. Signing whatever they feel the need to bring in. Show them his car or whatever man.

Make it a shenmue fan's fun park. Might as well just throw it up there. I have a hunch it would work out right?

So, crank the dinner's to 5 or 7?

Have a shenmue and studio tour, maybe offer the chance to visit some kind of sega headquarters and a private meeting and autograph session? 10 spots for 10,000

Would any of you with the ability to pay for it actually be interested in that 2nd one?
LIke you said, that would be another 100,000.

Add in the physical which I assume could hit at least 1.5 million in total for that award over time

Mirrors another 50,000 or more?

Maybe more one price items between 5 to 10,000

That is close to 2 million in possibilities in my opinion and then the hope we can pull at least 1 million in the last day.

If these things happen, seems like we could be looking at the 3 million mark and hitting 7 million. So, not sure where the other 3 million could come from.

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Got you.covered Jackie. All fixed and back to normal! :nice!:

Those are cracking ideas, and providing I would be meeting Yu, absolutely I'd take a studio tour! I'd probably want that more than a dinner!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Well, someone said he didn't want to do more dinners. I think a studio tour would be a little easier fun and relaxed for all invovled. I don't even like going to restaurants myself very much lol
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:15 pm

At this point I do not think he has the luxury of saying whether or not he wants to do more dinners. He needs to get as many donations as he can regardless of it slightly inconveniences him. Its pretty evident that people will pay for higher tier rewards, but they just need to be worthwhile enough for people to want.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

What upsets me most are the people who will only pledge or raise their pledge for better rewards. Considering Yu threw us a life line to get this game made yet they are pushing for rewards for their money sickens me. The only reward you need is Shenmue 3. F*ck everything else.

Sonoshee has received 3 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, mjq jazz bar, RiGoRmOrTiS
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby redline » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Peter wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: Hopefully they think of something for 10,000 and more than 3 or 4 spots

I don't see the problem considering the dinners are 1 on 1 with Yu. He could just free up an extra week for 7 more spaces, resulting in that tier bringing in $100,000. If the issue if there are only enough scripts, then just handwrite more, or print them! If not that, offer replica mirrors. It's not hard to solve.

i think your right peter, when it comes down to it people want to get something in return for giving over hard earned money.

i dont have 1000s of dollars to put down but i would think some rich people would pay good money for original, hand drawn shenmue art.

but after kickstarter finishes, YS needs to start selling some stuff through shenmue.link - like a selection of original limited edition t-shirts. (a more expensive, limited edition could be signed by YS)
Last edited by redline on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Sonoshee wrote: People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

What upsets me most are the people who will only pledge or raise their pledge for better rewards. Considering Yu threw us a life line to get this game made yet they are pushing for rewards for their money sickens me. The only reward you need is Shenmue 3. F*ck everything else.

Think pay day was this week though.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 pm

James Brown wrote:
Sonoshee wrote: People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

Think pay day was this week though.

Not everywhere.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 pm

drunkensailor wrote: lol @ people yesterday claiming the twitch stream was good in terms of money coming in kon ks

It was but only because it encouraged fans to up their own pledges. But there's only so much they can bleed fans dry before there's nothing left to give and we need to find new backers.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Shenhua-Nani?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Seems it really hit rock bottom now. I really hope it gains some steam next week.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III