What in the world happened with the KS today?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 am

They're not getting fired. I doubt Yu Suzuki is even aware how bad they are. I doubt there's anything anyone can do, other than take control of Twitter/Facebook Shenmue 3 accounts and unite the fans.

I'll say that the negativity that's all over the Kickstarter comments probably isn't the most welcome sight to new pledgers.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby ElephantStone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 am

mjq jazz bar wrote:I'll say that the negativity that's all over the Kickstarter comments probably isn't the most welcome sight to new pledgers.

I'll say that new pledgers do not exist because Awesome Japan are doing absolutely nothing to get them.

ElephantStone has received a thanks from: Shenhua-Nani?
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:10 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: They're not getting fired. I doubt Yu Suzuki is even aware how bad they are. I doubt there's anything anyone can do, other than take control of Twitter/Facebook Shenmue 3 accounts and unite the fans.

I'll say that the negativity that's all over the Kickstarter comments probably isn't the most welcome sight to new pledgers.

One thing is sure, Cedric is aware that we are unhappy with it.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby KidMarine » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:11 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I doubt Yu Suzuki is even aware how bad they are.

Did you see the glare he shot that hippy creep on twitch?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:12 am

I don't see him doing much to fix it. I wish they'd targeted 45-60 days instead of 32. I just don't think it's within reason to expect them to fire Awesome Japan at this point. I just wish they had one person who had an idea of how to improve their social media presence and also interact with the fans on the Kickstarter comments.

Did you see the glare he shot that hippy creep on twitch?

I love Shenmue 1 and 2 and I played them exclusively with the dub, but you are aware Suzuki approved the atrocious voice acting, right?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mocha Joe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 am

Awesome Japan have done a truly terrible job.

Firstly the campaign started at too low of a goal. If it had been, say, a 5m target, then we would have 5m+ raised right now. As soon as it hit 2m on the second day, all the urgency was gone. All the publicity was gone. The target had been reached and Shenmue III will be a reality. Yet a week later we find out that 10m is the real goal to aim towards, but who really cares other than us guys? Shenmue III is funded and the story is done and dusted for all the major press...

I'm not going to go into detail about all of the problems with the actual Kickstarter. We all know the video, poor rewards, lack of communication, lack of promotion, lack of description, lack of clarity regarding Sony's involvement etc. have held the project back massively. I actually had a decent level of optimism when I saw that they were doing a Reddit AMA and later a Twitch stream. 'Hey, they're actually promoting via relevant avenues!' I thought. But the AMA got off to a false start and the Twitch 'interview'...oh God...

And then when you realize that these guys, who are managing one of the biggest Kickstarters we're ever going to see, are taking the weekends off... Well all optimism has gone for the KS to reach a target we want. It is quite alarming how naive and incompetent they have been.

When we're sitting down to play Shenmue III and notice all those stretch goals we missed out on, all we'll be thinking is: "fuck you Awesome Japan."

Mocha Joe has received 3 thanks from: ElephantStone, Himuro, mjq jazz bar
Mocha Joe
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 am

Like... all they needed to do is literally just have 1 person to handle the page, 1 person to handle the rewards, and 1 translator for when Yu Suzuki needs to send a message to the community.

Make like a daily update talking about a different character every day (be it friend or foe, or just one of the funny characters) with some art or hd game screens and a brief presentation. In the last days of the campaign a random guy opens the page and sees a sweet presentation of the Shenmue world, messages from Yu Suzuki explaining the stretch goals, and a crap load of reward tiers he can choose from. Random guy is gonna pledge and tell a friend to check out the page, bingo.

But no, we get fucking 3 idiots that can't even reharse a stream before going live, can't act professionally, and can't even setup a backers only poll without screwing up. And there's still typos in the page, check the description for the 60$ reward, "exlusive".

:((((((

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:23 am

I hope we don't find out Fangamer, etc. weren't offered this job and somehow Awesome Japan persuaded Ys Net/Cedric Biscay otherwise. I say that since Fangamer is providing a reward so they clearly somehow had contact with the team.

I'm pretty distressed over this. As are many of you.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:25 am

Keep the AJ bashing to a minimum guys. The topic is about the jumping in figures.

We have had 2 days of this. Move on.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 am

Peter wrote: Keep the AJ bashing to a minimum guys. The topic is about the jumping in figures.

We have had 2 days of this. Move on.

I guess you are right, i'll bite my...finger from now on. :)
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:30 am

They're a pretty easy target, though, Peter. They're the difference maker, as much as we think we have control over funding. I don't think the $30 day is going to affect much without their support, for instance.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 am

Be happy we got the kickstarter to begin with. If S3 doesn't make as much as we THOUGHT it or as much as we think it should have right now would doesn't mean we can blame awesome japan or red shirt guy. The game is funded. It's happening. It's in YOUR hands, not someone else's. Face it, there just aren't a lot of Shenmue fans compared to other games. It's what happens after 14 years. And even promoting it at e3 doesn't necessarily mean people want to back it as much as we want them to. People are selfish, especially when uninformed. There is only so much we can do, and 5 mil is a plausible goal...As long as we do the best we can, we can't get angry at anyone.

FistOfTheNorthStar has received a thanks from: Amir
FistOfTheNorthStar
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:39 am

I know they are a pretty easy target. Hell, I am with you on a lot of points and do have my own feelings on the matter also.

But there's always a bigger picture here, and we have a reputation to uphold in regards to being here for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki as a community. We have ran Friday night into the ground and I have no doubts Awesome Japan will have been made aware of the feedback from everyone. But continuing to be negative about it will only keep the fire lit, and make it grow.

My advice is to bury it. We have had a classic moan about it, but nows the time to let them at least try and learn from it. We have just under 3 weeks left so let's see what happens.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Amir, mjq jazz bar, myshtuff, wataro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ElephantStone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:43 am

Or continuing to criticise their badly-run campaign will get Cedric to look into it and replace them with a more credible team.

Nobody is personally attacking the people at Awesome Japan, I'm sure they're nice people, but they are clearly not cut out to run this kickstarter - that needs to be made clear, and rectified ASAP.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:47 am

Then go make you feelings clear to whoever you feel needs to know. But don't make it a propaganda mission on here. End of discussion.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III