What in the world happened with the KS today?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:49 pm

I told you people weeks ago, like on week 1: FIRE AWESOME JAPAN.

"Himuro you're being negative."

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Who's laughing now?!

AHAHAHA, what was that stupid ass quote Peter threw at me?

"Do YOU have a degree in marketing?!?!?! No? Then shut up!"

This game is fucked.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Himuro wrote: I told you people weeks ago, like on week 1: FIRE AWESOME JAPAN.

Who's laughing now?!

This game is fucked.

I can't see where that last line helps at all, why say it . I mean, it will only drive a negative feeling in others to have the same feeling. That's how people work, let's just try our best to reach the goals we want. Why not
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Ummmm, yeah. Himuro, you were right from day one! It's official! =D> Happy now? ;-)

The problem is however, Awesome Japan are a threat to the future of the game we have all waited 14 years for. Them screwing up the campaign hurts us all. You too, are sitting in the boat Awesome Japan are sinking. 8-[
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Himuro wrote: I told you people weeks ago, like on week 1: FIRE AWESOME JAPAN.

Who's laughing now?!

This game is fucked.

This isn't a competition. And that last line was totally out of order.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:58 pm

I have already said to keep it on topic. Any posts made derailing it will be deleted.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:59 pm

If you think this is Awesome Japan problem, then youre not right. They doing everything f*ing bad, but actually even if they will start doing everything perfectly - we will see just 10-15% more funds. I think you just overrate Shenmue popularity.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Postby LucBu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Sonoshee wrote:This isn't a competition. And that last line was totally out of order.

Sometimes I feel the green reputation bars represent level of maturity. Then I see posts like Himuro's and I think the green bars mean nothing.

I've looked at this Kickstarter every day since it was annoucned. For me, I think three or four days away and then a fresh push will help me. I'm going to see if I can get an extra shift so I can throw in some more cash. I contacted one or two more YouTubers including Maximilian Dood and am hopeful for a response soon.
Last edited by LucBu on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LucBu

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Let's stop being negative. The game is happening, it has outside backing, fan backing (should make at least 5m maybe 6m from us) and Awesome Japan will probably have nothing to do with the development and the game is going to be awesome.

In the meanwhile let's petition for Joel Tess to become an NPC. He should appear on Fanta grape billboards or even better a Fanta drunk NPC who picks a fight with Ryo, giving us all the chance to think of the KS days as we unleash divine punishment. :)
Doom_Infinite

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
I can't see where that last line helps at all, why say it . I mean, it will only drive a negative feeling in others to have the same feeling. That's how people work, let's just try our best to reach the goals we want. Why not

It's plenty helpful. It's especially helpful for me so that I no longer get emotionally attached to a game that may or may not be shit. After a long line of years waiting - pretty much a decade in my case - I am coming to terms with the honest to God truth: that Shenmue is cursed. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If the game turns out well, fine. That'll be nice. But at current trajectory, given every single bit of evidence thrown at the wall, it isn't. And I refuse - REFUSE - to be emotionally attached to a game I've been waiting a decade for that turns out to be shit.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Shenhua-Nani?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Himuro wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:

It's plenty helpful. It's especially helpful for me so that I no longer get emotionally attached to a game that may or may not be shit. After a long line of years waiting - pretty much a decade in my case - I am coming to terms with the honest to God truth: that Shenmue is cursed. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If the game turns out well, fine. That'll be nice. But at current trajectory, given every single bit of evidence thrown at the wall, it isn't. And I refuse - REFUSE - to be emotionally attached to a game I've been waiting a decade for that turns out to be shit.

So I assume that you will be leaving then, yes?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 pm

south carmain wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:

So I assume that you will be leaving then, yes?

If that's what you want.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby LucBu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote: Let's stop being negative. The game is happening, it has outside backing, fan backing (should make at least 5m maybe 6m from us) and Awesome Japan will probably have nothing to do with the development and the game is going to be awesome.

In the meanwhile let's petition for Joel Tess to become an NPC. He should appear on Fanta grape billboards or even better a Fanta drunk NPC who picks a fight with Ryo, giving us all the chance to release the accumulated frustration from the KS onto him as we unleash divine punishment. :)

I still wonder how much extra backing they're getting. A part of me is hopefully that we are getting ripped off and Suzuki has a mountain of cash. One day we'll be looking back on this and in an interview Suzuki will be like "Shenmue 3 was the most expensive video game ever made - we even had to spend all that KickStarter money on Fanta daily to keep on with the workload."
LucBu

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:06 pm

JohnBlack wrote: If you think this is Awesome Japan problem, then youre not right. They doing everything f*ing bad, but actually even if they will start doing everything perfectly - we will see just 10-15% more funds. I think you just overrate Shenmue popularity.

I don't know if your numbers are correct, but let's assume they are, the 10-15% would at least easily take us to the next stretch goal from now.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:07 pm

LucBu wrote:
Doom_Infinite wrote: Let's stop being negative. The game is happening, it has outside backing, fan backing (should make at least 5m maybe 6m from us) and Awesome Japan will probably have nothing to do with the development and the game is going to be awesome.

In the meanwhile let's petition for Joel Tess to become an NPC. He should appear on Fanta grape billboards or even better a Fanta drunk NPC who picks a fight with Ryo, giving us all the chance to release the accumulated frustration from the KS onto him as we unleash divine punishment. :)

I still wonder how much extra backing they're getting. A part of me is hopefully that we are getting ripped off and Suzuki has a mountain of cash. One day we'll be looking back on this and in an interview Suzuki will be like "Shenmue 3 was the most expensive video game ever made - we even had to spend all that KickStarter money on Fanta daily to keep on with the workload."

Why would you think this when clearly Yu is giving up his own personal assets and items for Kickstarter rewards (that Shenmue watch is likely his). I doubt Yu has that much money to invest.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Himuro wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:

Seems like you watching kickstarter project first time, but a lot of kickstarter games looks like this. I know only 3-4 good games from kickstarter/indiegogo etc. Its happening because most of the time people leading the campaigin cant controll everything or just dont know how to do this. In big companies you have managers who can do this, who know how to do everything right. We're talking about Awesome Japan, they have like 10 peoples in the whole company. On the other hand Sony have big marketing departments with hundreds of employees. Games like Uncharted is product of 1000+ workers. And i doubt, that on Shenmue will work more than 100.
JohnBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III