Google Hangout Session with Yu Suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Google Hangout Session with Yu Suzuki

Postby Abz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 am

Right guys after the embarassing twitch interview Yu Suzuki had recently with Awesome Japan, I thought of an intricate idea in order to help promote Shenmue in a better way. Even though I believe most of the questions regarding the content of Shenmue 3 or kickstarter project have been asked.

It would be great if we could do an interview/live Q&A session with Yu Suzuki via google hangouts. The session can be hosted exclusively by Shenmue dojo or we can get a member from each the dojo, Shenmue Masters and team Yu to take part in the session alongside Yu Suzuki.

Maybe if we can tweet Cedric Biscay or Yu Suzuki himself to see if we can get something set up because I would really love to do this the right way and give Shenmue better awareness.

The format should be set up in the following way:
1) Yu Suzuki - Humble Beginnings!
2) Ascension of 3D gaming ala Virtua Fighter and Shenmue.
3) Shenmue 1 and 2
4) Shenmue 3 and kickstarter project.
5) Future of Shenmue
6) Q & A session for fans

Abz has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Technophilz
Abz
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: solja_g-123
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Re: Google Hangout Session with Yu Suzuki

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:30 am

What is google hangouts? I'd love to get an interview with him but I think getting him to answer our questions via video and promoting it out as best we can all over the internet would be good. We already have a decent set of questions.

Either way, it would be a good chance for him to update the kick starter with more rewards.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Abz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:45 am

What is google hangouts? I'd love to get an interview with him but I think getting him to answer our questions via video and promoting it out as best we can all over the internet would be good. We already have a decent set of questions.

Google Hangout is a communication platform which allows instant messaging and video chat with two or more users. Kinda like skype. I thought as Shenmue 3 is for the fans by the fans, what we need to do is not only for all of the Shenmue fans across the globe but also Yu Suzuki we need to find the feasible approach in promoting Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign.

I want to show just how powerful the shenmue community and how we can shenmue 3 the best experience it can be by doing our best to build awareness around the franchise and try push for the $10 Million fund.

What we can do is first step to tweet Yu or Cedric and try get see if we can set up a session. Once we have received confirmation on How and when Yu Suzuki would like to do the interview, Then compile questions for the interview.
Abz

Postby Doom_Infinite » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:55 am

This sounds like an excellent idea.
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:08 am

Abz wrote:

Google Hangout is a communication platform which allows instant messaging and video chat with two or more users. Kinda like skype. I thought as Shenmue 3 is for the fans by the fans, what we need to do is not only for all of the Shenmue fans across the globe but also Yu Suzuki we need to find the feasible approach in promoting Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign.

I want to show just how powerful the shenmue community and how we can shenmue 3 the best experience it can be by doing our best to build awareness around the franchise and try push for the $10 Million fund.

What we can do is first step to tweet Yu or Cedric and try get see if we can set up a session. Once we have received confirmation on How and when Yu Suzuki would like to do the interview, Then compile questions for the interview.

Sadly, like a lot of the ideas I have seen I don't feel the community will really push for it. I am always here always willing to push anything but I haven't felt a strong movement. Seems only the 30 on the 3rd is the only thing that has worked so far.

We really need a fan video as well to show the power of the fans but maybe the fans just don't want to do it? Saw a few people say they want to do it but as a group no one has pushed for it.

I hope we can work together as a group on something.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby ys » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 am

I already happened to contact YS Net about Google Hangout on Air actually. I did so right after the Twitch-interview last week. I told them that comments get saved on the page and that people can vote for the best questions. So it's easier for them to find relevant things compared to a chat. When a question is answered they can then mark it as "answered" to keep track of things. I also mentioned that several participants could take part, like maybe representatives from the community, voice actors, Shibuya, YS Net. No answer yet but maybe they saw it?

ys has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 am

If it will be something like the following video, then indeed:
phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:34 am

The best way to get the word out there would be to invite guys like AlphaOmegaSin, HappyConsoleGamer, AdamKoralik, etc (youtube gaming channels with decent audience that KNOW and like Shenmue) to do a google hangout with Yu Suzuki.

They would all later show it on their channel and reach a extremely large audience of people that respect said youtubers but might not know Shenmue yet.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JaySw34 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 am

When I first read the topic title I thought it was actually happening and not just an idea/suggestion :/
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:23 am

Tweet this idea out now! There's little time left.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am

Cedric, as co producer, would be a great Google Hangout. Would anyone ask him?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Abz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry just finished work and sent a tweet out to both Suzuki-San and Cedric regarding a possible on air interview on google hangout. Just have to sit back and wait to see if either correspond to the tweet, if not then I shall tweet them again.
Abz

Postby artnos » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

i dont think its necessary for yu to recap the history of shenmue he already did it with mark cerny. as for the interview, do you speak japanese?

i think the best thing to do is just gather the questions and send them to Joel red shirt. i sent him questions and he got back assuring me they will be asked during the next twitch chat.
artnos
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: artnos

Return to Shenmue III