KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward added.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 am

Unfortunately I'm certain we won't see the physical reward. I wish Sony would help us with this.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Re: NEW REWARD: Corey Marshall Voice Message

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: i would wonder if his voice will even sound the same given the age and time?

Haven't you watched any of his videos or podcasts he was in? He still sound just as he did back then.
He said he doesn't drink or smoke and that's why his voice is still as pleasant as it used to be.

I'm really glad that he will reprise the role of Ryo. I know how some people think about the English dub but it's not Corey's fault that some dialogue seems arkward or stiff. As long as they don't direct him to be as monotone as he was in Shenmue II it will be good. And after all Corey just is Ryo. I'd rather have him voice Ryo then having the best actor in the world do it.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: johnvivant
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 am

Great news! The dub isn't that bad, especially the main characters.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: i would wonder if his voice will even sound the same given the age and time?

The producers should be able to make him sound a bit younger.

I think they deepened his voice artificially for the first two anyway, could just use his natural voice now.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:09 am

Sounds plausible. But anyway, they will have to equalize his voice differently now, than they did 14 years back. Even if he doesn't drink or smoke, the voice still changes over such a long period of time.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Capsule Toys Maniac » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 am

Really happy that they're finally addressing the fact that there was little to no information of what Shenmue is all about. Hopefully this will make the kickstarter look more inviting for new people. Although, I guess there would still be a pretty big hurdle to get them on board.
Capsule Toys Maniac
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Three Blades » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 am

What a great idea for a reward!
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shadow2222 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:29 am

^ Agreed (and love the Sonata Arctica avatar, BTW!).

Shadow2222 has received a thanks from: Three Blades
Shadow2222
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:33 am

BlueMue wrote:

Haven't you watched any of his videos or podcasts he was in? He still sound just as he did back then.
He said he doesn't drink or smoke and that's why his voice is still as pleasant as it used to be.

I'm really glad that he will reprise the role of Ryo. I know how some people think about the English dub but it's not Corey's fault that some dialogue seems arkward or stiff. As long as they don't direct him to be as monotone as he was in Shenmue II it will be good. And after all Corey just is Ryo. I'd rather have him voice Ryo then having the best actor in the world do it.

When I saw him talking for the conan thing he didn't sound like ryo at all imo, but that was the only video I watched closely.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am

Its really bothering me that they haven't updated the rewards list chart at the bottom of the kickstarter page.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ceej » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am

Jackie Fhan wrote:
BlueMue wrote:

When I saw him talking for the conan thing he didn't sound like ryo at all imo, but that was the only video I watched closely.

He wasn't necessarily trying to sound like Ryo in that video.
Ceej

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:42 am

Meh, not too excited for this update, but at least they are doing something.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am

Ceej wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:
BlueMue wrote:

He wasn't necessarily trying to sound like Ryo in that video.

Yeah, that would make sense.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 am

Hmm, after reading the update, it seems as though all of the tiers above $1k get this reward included, which is a little disappointing to hear since i've got one of the $1k grab bag rewards at the moment, and obviously this ends up being the only premium tier not to include this as a reward then. So for me to get the Corey Marshall voice message, I would either need to spend an additional $1k, and end up with 2 lots of the $500 rewards :( or swap from one tier to the other.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:22 am

Physical PS4 version incoming.

Why would they tell something like this? One of the most demanding rewards from fans are in preparation and it is not this.

I don t buy it.

It seems from this update there are back on tracks and after traveling, etc... they are working 100% on the project and the KS.

And the interest for Shenmue III KS will rise again. I hope...
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III