KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward added.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:32 am

Amir wrote: Bailu village sounds like it'll be pretty small and Suzuki is on record as saying Shenmue III expands inward not outward, so I think there'll be a lot less than 300 NPCs total, with most of them in Choubu, and the majority of the dialogue being between Ryo and Shenhua. I don't think full voice acting is out of the question.

So weird how the Japanese voice actor for Ren disappeared off the face of the Earth, though, he was so good.

Ren was easily my favorite japanese voice (with Ryo and Shenhua from Sh II). If the team achieves to sign him, that would be fantastic.

Yeah, whatever the number of NPCs Yu tells us, a lot of antagonists NPCs won't need particular dub anyway. Besides, Yu made this statement when we were still way below the 6 million $ at the time. But the Yu's silence on the topic is very suspicious. I guess it's one of the David's questions that Yu refused to ask.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:32 am

punkmanced wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: Yes, I really like the idea of ditching the English voice acting. But what the heck is the point of "revealing" stretch goals that have long been reached? :roll:

That's like saying: 4.7 million=Hiroaki Takeuchi returning. ](*,)

Seriously, ditch that lame-ass English dub already, and allocate those funds toward full voice-acting in JPN.

Would anyone here even have considered passing on Shenmue 3 had it been JPN-subbed only?!
…I think not.

Also, since we’re retroactively revealing the obvious:
$3.6M = Manabu Takimoto (original environment designer) returns for S3! ;)

Imagine Corey Marshall just reading this after all he has done for the community.

Also yes, a lot of people wouldn't even bother looking at S3 without english dub. Those not fimilar with the series for sure.
Last edited by -=SPZ=-47 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SMDzero » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:14 am

Mr. Marshall... if you're out there reading this could you please try to do the voice acting for Shenmue 3 for free? We really need the money to go toward development.

Please try to do it for free.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby fittersau » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 am

Yokosuka wrote: Didn't know for Lucas, wow this man has really a brilliant voice.

I think the best we can praise is a backers poll but I'm afraid things are done.

I thought about a dubs DLC pack (English, Mandarin) after YSnet get enough post-money but it's even more unrealistic if not useless to most customers who want to discover Shenmue 3 with the dub of their choice, not replay it.

From a Yu's perspective, he will certainly try to lower the number of NPCs and I would give him carte blanche as far as he doesn't intent to reduce the density of dialogues at the same time.

I played EU Shenmue 1 & 2, therefore had the good fortune of enjoying both casts. Both English and Japanese casts did a fantastic job. Corey Marshall was exceptional as Ryo in Shenmue 1, so much so that when playing the sequel, the nuances and characteristics of Ryo transferred seamlessly across when listening to Matsukaze voice Ryo in Shenmue 2.

I can understand why people hold on to Corey as Ryo. However given budget constraints I can't help but think full voice budget should be devoted to doing one language properly. We know Suzuki has an extremely high standard so I doubt Corey's english Shenmue 3 will be anything but an authentic Ryo.

Let's hope the budget is there for a great job on both Japanese and English cast for a fully voiced game like the first two.

Agreed, Japanese Ren was amazing.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 am

SMDzero wrote: Mr. Marshall... if you're out there reading this could you please try to do the voice acting for Shenmue 3 for free? We really need the money to go toward development.

Please try to do it for free.

No one will do it for free, that's just silly. Work is work and he should get paid for whatever he feels is appropriate between himself and Suzuki. I'm sure he won't be a primadonna and demand high wages, he wants the game as much as the fans do.

fittersau has received 2 thanks from: -=SPZ=-47, streetwaves
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 am

I'd do it for free.... ;-)

Seriously though.. what if there was no money for voice acting for the NPCs and Suzuki asked all of the fans to record lines and send to him and he would put them in the game??

I'd gladly record.. "Oh.. no I'm too tired right now ask someone else will you?" and "Hey Mister wanna wrestle?" and send it to Suzuki as an mp3 file free of charge.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:57 am

Nobody hires a voice actor per NPC.

You get someone that is talented enough to do a lot of voices and mix the audio.

Maybe the english version could be done with the help of the fans but I want the japanese version to be as authentic as possible.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tuet0ne » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:15 am

Corey for Shenmue 3??? Thats made my day! :D
Tuet0ne
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Tuet0ne
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: AC Syndicate