KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward added.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 am

sand4fish wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: An extra $500 above the next tier for a voice message is alot of money. If it was only $50 above a random tier I think you'd make more money then at $1000 simply because of how many people could actually afford to up their pledge.

It would mean also huge increase of voice work done by Corey Marshall. The $1000 amount (or even higher) is about the price in line with other KS projects with VO celebrities.

Even if so, I think it should have been lower. I mean, these things are silly anyways imo

Not to make anyone angry or feel bad if you dig that sort of thing. But I have always thought these were some of the most worthless things to do in a donation drive.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:36 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: It's actually brilliant. It costs little to nothing to do (I bet Corey isn't charging them since he's a huge supporter of the series) and it will persuade some reluctant high rollers to raise their pledges.

I'm looking at the whole picture. When you are needing or asking for 10 plus million

You throw up a voice message after so many days of waiting and nothing else. Just huge mistakes in my opinion.

Should have been Voice in the game, or character of yourself.

Obviously we have also wanted to show non fans how good or fun this game can be for them. There has been nothing on the KS at all for that and that hasn't changed either. I'm starting to see more and more fumbles with KS and YS. Even though I was trying to be postive, that was last week when they needed to make moves. They have already lost money even if they hit their marks, they lost money with these poor choices.

I'm not even saying they shouldn't have the voice as an option... more than fine but it's been the same ole things that they haven't put up that has been the real deal breaker.

Why not more dinners, why not more options for collectibles that people would really buy?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:25 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: You throw up a voice message after so many days of waiting and nothing else. Just huge mistakes in my opinion.

Cedirc Biscay clearly stated that it was the "first step".

Jackie Fhan wrote:Obviously we have also wanted to show non fans how good or fun this game can be for them. There has been nothing on the KS at all for that and that hasn't changed either.

The 20th update explicitly announces an upcoming video presentation of Shenmue:

What's Shenmue?
The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.
PacemaŜinobo
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 am

PacemaŜinobo wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: You throw up a voice message after so many days of waiting and nothing else. Just huge mistakes in my opinion.

Cedirc Biscay clearly stated that it was the "first step".

Jackie Fhan wrote:Obviously we have also wanted to show non fans how good or fun this game can be for them. There has been nothing on the KS at all for that and that hasn't changed either.

The 20th update explicitly announces an upcoming video presentation of Shenmue:

What's Shenmue?
The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.

It seems they should have had the kickstarter at a different date then. Should have had more time for E3 or something.

It's clearly obvious they didn't know how to handle the KS entirely or they weren't ready for it.

Atleast, I would assume it would be nice to start a KS when you have a lot to show and you can expand on those ideas over time as you work on it or already have things in production that you can show in a later time. It's a lot of marketing things that go into it to... perception .
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:24 am

Jackie Fhan wrote: It's clearly obvious they didn't know how to handle the KS entirely or they weren't ready for it.

At the very least I guess they never really considered trying to appeal to a larger audience than just the fanbase, as can be seen from the content of their Kickstarter updates so far. The forthcoming video is a step in another direction though. I'm also hopeful that they will keep taking donations after the Kickstarter. Cedric Biscay has retweeted such propositions from the fans.
PacemaŜinobo

Postby James Brown » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 am

Going back to the talk a couple of pages ago about Corey voice message being included at the $1000 grab bag tier, soley because i've backed that tier, i'd either need to swap tiers to the Corey voice one, or throw down another $1000 which I don't have to be able to get this reward. I sent a message as a couple of guys on here suggested I try and got a response :)

Ys Net says:

Hello James,

Thank you for your message, and sorry for the belated reply.

We do understand your situation and the problem that will be caused with the current reward tier setting.

One way to solve this problem would be using the Add-on system that we see in other Kickstarter projects, opening the doors for the backers to "add" the rewards. However, managing Add-on options of almost 50k backers would be practically impossible with the Kickstarter system.

We apologize for not being able to accommodate your suggestions.

Without support from backers like you, we would not be as successful, so we would like to thank you again for your support to this project. If there is any suggestions to this project, be it rewards or page contents, please let us know. We are more than happy to listen to you.

Best Regards,

Wataru
& The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

Any idea who Wataru is? Anyways...that is basically a no, but atleast they responded to me in like less than 24 hours, it's pretty good :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby joka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 pm

James Brown wrote:Going back to the talk a couple of pages ago about Corey voice message being included at the $1000 grab bag tier, soley because i've backed that tier, i'd either need to swap tiers to the Corey voice one, or throw down another $1000 which I don't have to be able to get this reward. I sent a message as a couple of guys on here suggested I try and got a response :)

Ys Net says:

Hello James,

Thank you for your message, and sorry for the belated reply.

We do understand your situation and the problem that will be caused with the current reward tier setting.

One way to solve this problem would be using the Add-on system that we see in other Kickstarter projects, opening the doors for the backers to "add" the rewards. However, managing Add-on options of almost 50k backers would be practically impossible with the Kickstarter system.

We apologize for not being able to accommodate your suggestions.

Without support from backers like you, we would not be as successful, so we would like to thank you again for your support to this project. If there is any suggestions to this project, be it rewards or page contents, please let us know. We are more than happy to listen to you.

Best Regards,

Wataru
& The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

Any idea who Wataru is? Anyways...that is basically a no, but atleast they responded to me in like less than 24 hours, it's pretty good :)

Aww well that sucks!

I like how they actually told you how they could resolve it but then said they're not going to! Lol.

Best solution would've been to make it a 750 reward and anyone above got it as you said James- wouldn't have added that many more for Corey to do by the looks of it...

joka has received a thanks from: James Brown
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby KiBa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I think Marshall was great as Ryo. He's a fine VA. Most complaints you read over the years actually have to do with the direction and editing, not really his performance. It is fantastic to have the consistency of the sound of the main character's voice in this English continuation. I hope the same happens with Lisle Wilkerson because Xiuying's voice was so distinctive in English.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Marshall's return disclosed as 5,2 million $ unlocked stretch goal.

source : official Shenmue 3 twitter

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Scrounder
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Scrounder » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Marshall's return disclosed as 5,2 million $ unlocked stretch goal.

Now that is just strange, and kind of interesting.
Scrounder
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:05 am

Yokosuka wrote: Marshall's return disclosed as 5,2 million $ unlocked stretch goal.

Could this mean that Eric Kelso and Paul Lucas ect could also be stealth streach goals??!! :???:
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Monkei » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:54 am

Weird. Maybe they thought about adding it as a stretch goal, but then decided against it, because the goals had to be fixed from the beginning and adding something like this would have made them seem somewhat arbitrary?

Maybe they had already created the new version of that stretch goal image, had it still lying around and now used it by accident?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:02 am

The most concerning part is that stretch goal is supposed to be so high while he's the most essential English-speaking actor. Suzuki didn't lie when he said full voiced characters are not guaranteed.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenSun » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 am

Awesome Japan.............
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss