Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm

johnvivant wrote: if i was any less of a fanatic for shenmue i'm sure that the lack of a physical ps4 copy would have deterred me from pledging, so i assume that this might be case for others, and therefore its introduction could help the campaign - but its still a risk i suppose. the general feeling of the community seem to believe it would help.

its difficult to judge what number of new detonator's it would attract and what number of the 28,000 digital copy pledges would upgrade.

i believe it does need to be in a tier between $60-100 to attract the most number new people and upgrades.

It just annoys me people aren't happy they're getting Shenmue 3, physical copy or not. Most people don't see the bigger picture.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Damn, that Cedric Biscay tweet got me pumped as hell.

Can't wait
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

wow a bunch of limited quantity tiers again that are out of the price range of of many, this means hardly any new backers, no Paypal, no PS4 Phsyical.... if this was the big update then this is epic fail. This isn't the kind of tiers or improvements that will push the KS forward more than with a temporary blip
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm

The Paypal issue is something I'm more concerned about when the Kickstarter ends.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ianpm31 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: The Paypal issue is something I'm more concerned about when the Kickstarter ends.

Maybe Yu-san is trying to maximize the 31 day kickstarter then announce pay pal soon after because with pay pal there is no time limit to contribute....Just a thought
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shieldos » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Well for those who can afford it it's a good thing. Would love to have a spare $10k lying about to be an NPC but no such luck :-(
shieldos
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Xieldos
XBL: Xieldos09

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 pm

ianpm31 wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: The Paypal issue is something I'm more concerned about when the Kickstarter ends.

Maybe Yu-san is trying to maximize the 31 day kickstarter then announce pay pal soon after because with pay pal there is no time limit to contribute....Just a thought

Exactly.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:20 pm

well if other kick starters can do physicals releases for all platforms, I don't see why they can't make it happen just for PS4 when Sony are already helping out with advertising and porting to PS4, other KS's didn't have that level of vendor support and managed it.

its not an issue for me as I'll be getting both PC and PS4, but this appears to be a big thing stopping a lot of people, we can argue the merit of their decision considering the stakes and how they should just be happy the game is coming, but at the end of the day their money is just as important in funding this and if they are using this to withhold it, they need to do whatever is possible to part them from that money.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ghost_Messiah » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Hoping they're not done with the announcements just yet. Cedric's tweet had me expecting something pretty significant. New reward tiers are great and everything but this is only going to temporarily increase funding and do pretty much zero for the campaign over the long-term. They need a megaton announcement today like the PS4 physical version.

Here's hoping they have more than this planned. New reward tiers are great but we need more than this.
Ghost_Messiah
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Physical PS4 is there!!!! lol $60!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Previous

Return to Shenmue III