Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:35 am

I'll be surprised if this update isn't a physical ps4 copy. They'd be wise to time this update with the campaign on the 3rd for maximum impact. Most gaming outlets would report on a new physical reward right away.

Also, not sure why anyone is doubting this reaching 5m. With 2 weeks left, I'm sure it'll be fairly close before the final stretch, which should see a significant boost. Id love to see this surpass Bloodstained by the end.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:38 am

It's on the verge of surpassing Mighty No. 9. I believe it will by the end of the day.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:42 am

What I don't understand about altering already established rewards is that they're going to have to add those rewards to people who've ALREADY backed the Kickstarter. I can't see them saying "We'll add physical PS4 copies to everyone $100+" when that will only add 1,000 more backers while they then would have to give a physical PS4 copy to 13,000+ backers who've already committed. I WANT a physical copy, it's not a make or break for me, but I'm trying to look at it from their standpoint. Just how many people aren't backing because of a lack of a physical PS4 copy?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:44 am

beating bloodstain will be the next big target! it will be very nice distinction for shenmue 3 to hold the title of 'the most funded video game ever on kickstarter. ' it can only help Yu in getting more funding elsewhere!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shieldos » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am

The update (which is taking it's time btw) won't be anything to do with the HD remakes of I and II. I can't see it being anything other than physical PS4 copies. What else could it possibly be beyond that to make an impact?
shieldos
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Xieldos
XBL: Xieldos09

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 am

Cedric Biscay ‏@CedricBiscay 14m14 minutes ago
@JZAE86 we know, it will be very soon
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby code l name » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 am

shieldos wrote: The update (which is taking it's time btw) won't be anything to do with the HD remakes of I and II. I can't see it being anything other than physical PS4 copies. What else could it possibly be beyond that to make an impact?

Agreed I think it must be that also.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 am

if its just the new video with some lacklustre new tiers the KS isn't going to budge and the best we should hope for is to hobble over 4 million (it'll take a lot of luck with the 10k a day pledged we've been getting).

if its Physical PS4 coupled with some new impressive tiers and PayPal options.. then we might have a shot at 4.2 million stretch goal. (with further stretch goals hit via PayPal after the kickstarter is over)

At this point 5 Million is probably out and we should be more worried about not passing 4 million, unless we get the same "last minute lucky dash" that bloodstained got. To keep perspective however, bloodstained is also the highest funded ever, we can't use it as a typical situation, especially when Shenmue is a sequel where the prerequisite games are not easily obtained and were originally released on a failed platform.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:57 am

I want them to simultaniously announce PS4 physical copy and also Paypal.

I feel those 2 would be major in terms of additional funding.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:59 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: What I don't understand about altering already established rewards is that they're going to have to add those rewards to people who've ALREADY backed the Kickstarter. I can't see them saying "We'll add physical PS4 copies to everyone $100+" when that will only add 1,000 more backers while they then would have to give a physical PS4 copy to 13,000+ backers who've already committed. I WANT a physical copy, it's not a make or break for me, but I'm trying to look at it from their standpoint. Just how many people aren't backing because of a lack of a physical PS4 copy?

I thought about this aswell, the way I could see them doing it, is by adding a tier for each tier again, but like $30 more each time. So the first tier would be say $90 for physical PS4 instead of physical PC. I know $90 might sound a lot, but obviously if this is going to happen, going to have to cut a deal with Sony where some of the money goes straight to them.

So then literally just $30 on top of every tier above that. So for those people at the $500 tier, they just have to switch to $530 if they want the PS4 Physical over the PC one if that makes sense.

Unless they have another ingenious way I haven't thought about :)
Last edited by James Brown on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Cedric Biscay ‏@CedricBiscay 3m3 minutes ago
Gentlemen start your engines #Shenmue3
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby code l name » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Peter wrote: I want them to simultaniously announce PS4 physical copy and also Paypal.

I feel those 2 would be major in terms of additional funding.

Agreed and I think those two things frankly are required and attainable from what we know.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shieldos » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Well it looks like we're about to find out according to Cedric's Twitter account. Has to be PS4 physical and/or Paypal, I'd be stunned if it's much more than that.
shieldos

PSN: Xieldos
XBL: Xieldos09

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Peter, go go go buddy, more dinners! Just not Japan!

Refresh your kickstarters guys, be an NPC, face ingame, dinners, some crazy stuff :)
Last edited by James Brown on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm

if i was any less of a fanatic for shenmue i'm sure that the lack of a physical ps4 copy would have deterred me from pledging, so i assume that this might be case for others, and therefore its introduction could help the campaign - but its still a risk i suppose. the general feeling of the community seem to believe it would help.

its difficult to judge what number of new donator's it would attract and what number of the 28,000 digital copy pledges would upgrade.

i believe it does need to be in a tier between $60-100 to attract the most number new people and upgrades.
Last edited by johnvivant on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III