*sigh* Kotaku

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:55 pm

I don't get why some of you bother engaging with this...ignorance, they obviously want to cause some controversy and make names for themselves, even with how sleazy it is a way to do so.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: shredingskin
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Three Blades » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Erevador wrote: It should be emphasized that Shenmue fans have the moral high ground in this debate, and nobody should sacrifice it by personally insulting this guy or being mean to him. This low quality journalism probably already has him in hot water.

The focus should be on being positive, being truthful, and helping foster fairer and more upbeat coverage in the future.

Oh, come on. He's a cunt, and that's that. I don't buy the whole "2 wrongs don't make a right" kind of thinking... assholes deserve for people to be assholes back at them. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine. He deserves whatever shit he got out of this.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Three Blades wrote: Oh, come on. He's a cunt, and that's that. I don't buy the whole "2 wrongs don't make a right" kind of thinking... assholes deserve for people to be assholes back at them. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine.

I wouldn't bother. He's going to drown his sorrows tonight for getting reemed by his boss and contructive criticism.

i am gonna get SO DRUNK tonight

And now he's cherry picking quotes to claim some high ground. Don't give him the opportunity to have something to show for his childish antics.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:28 pm

About questionable sources, I found an info about Sony's involvement from two french youtubers (about 35 000 views per videos) who work with a gaming website. I was already one of their subscribers before :

Sony invests 20 million on Shenmue 3
Shibuya Production 30 million
Various funds from Monaco and Japan 30 million
Quantic Dream was contacted but refused

I've always liked their channel but they're not journalists, I think there are some errors here (pretty like Jeux Actu.com who predicted brillantly Shenmue 3 before the E3 but were wrong about Quantic Dream's involvement).
Last edited by Yokosuka on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Three Blades wrote:
Oh, come on. He's a cunt, and that's that. I don't buy the whole "2 wrongs don't make a right" kind of thinking... assholes deserve for people to be assholes back at them. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine. He deserves whatever shit he got out of this.

No, it's not called "giving a taste of their own medicine", it's called "feeding a troll".

They look for that kind of reaction, that's exactly why they are doing it. They are shit, and shit pays nowdays.

What's worst, this is not a real debate or talking to the pleb. It's just about attention whorism and getting clicks.

Hopefully journalism starts to prosper and we won't get more "journalists" like these and "getting clicks" it's not the same as being a real journalist.
Last edited by shredingskin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Phong » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:32 pm

I've boycotted Kotaku for nearly a year now, even wrote letters to their sponsors asking them to withdraw their ads. What they did to Max Temkin and Brad Wardell was just unconscionable. They should not be paid for what they do.

I recommend everyone else boycott them as well. If you must share a link than use archive.today. Don't use DoNotLink because that still gives a hit to their advertisers. All DoNotLink does is mess with the site's rank in a search engine (or that's what it's supposed to do).
Phong
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Phil, Twitter wrote:Imagine if I had made fun of the fake shenmue box art and also was a black person or a woman. *shudder*

I was right. He's losing it.

Last edited by NeoShredder on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

NeoShredder wrote:
Imagine if I had made fun of the fake shenmue box art and also was a black person or a woman. *shudder*

He's not. He's an attention-whore.

He knows what he's doing.

Too old, too late, too stupid.

Hopefully he's out.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Amir
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Well, alright. What I meant was that he deserves whatever comes out of this. I'm not the kind of guy to bother making accounts on websites just to argue with morons( I didn't even click on the article). All I'm saying is, if hundreds of people call him out and he ends up butthurt because of it, that's on him.

Three Blades has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mrandyk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:43 pm

NeoShredder wrote:
Phil, Twitter wrote:Imagine if I had made fun of the fake shenmue box art and also was a black person or a woman. *shudder*

If this dude is freelance I can't imagine he will find much work again soon with this debacle to his name.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 pm

The 'journalism' is terrible and its pretty shocking that trolling is allowed to be an article even if all the staff are off (how about don't let all your staff be off at the same time?!)

BUT the the promo box art is shoddy let's not pretend- they should've just shown the outer like with the PC version or asked Esppiral! :)

:mrgreen:<br /><br />ImageImage<br />
Last edited by joka on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:47 pm

I can assure you that Kotaku does not give a fuck about him writing a clickbait article. Having a meltdown on twitter and saying something potentially offensive is another story, though that's not to encourage people harassing him.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Oh fuck them dicks. i juat seen "sigh" in the title and skipped to the last page. Im not even going to acknowledge it at all, not today when its been such a massive day for Shenmue. possibly the biggest since the Kickstarter got announced.

I know we are the home of Shenmue related news, but with that comes the viewers of the site, so all you are doing in a way is negatively advertising these articles. We dont promote censorship here, but i dont know if we should still be linking negative articles about this whole campaign. Especially ones that are just obviously crafted for hits.

Peter has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Yokosuka wrote: About questionable sources, I found an info about Sony's involvement from two french youtubers (about 35 000 views per videos) who work with a gaming website. I was already one of their subscribers before :

Sony invests 20 million on Shenmue 3
Shibuya Production 30 million
Various funds from Monaco and Japan 30 million
Quantic Dream was contacted but refused

I've always liked their channel but they're not journalists, I think there are some errors here (pretty like Jeux Actu.com who predicted brillantly Shenmue 3 before the E3 but were wrong about Quantic Dream's involvement).

Didn't they say that Shenmue III would be revealed at E3 and be developed by Quantic Dream? I think that was a bullshit rumour and when Shenmue III did in fact get revealed, they're now coming out with this to save face/get clicks/ad revenue.

I also doubt SIII already has $80 million of backing. I can see Sony putting up $20 million for marketing etc (that's really not a lot for marketing these days), but with the necessity of the KIckstarter I think it's more likely development will be around $40-50 million total, dependent on the Kickstarter outcome.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:55 pm

joka wrote: The 'journalism' is terrible and its pretty shocking that trolling is allowed to be an article even if all the staff are off (how about don't let all your staff be off at the same time?!)

BUT the the promo box art is shoddy let's not pretend- they should've just shown the outer like with the PC version or asked Esppiral! :)

:mrgreen:<br /><br />ImageImage<br />

Are you kidding me with that ?? SONY is funding it PROOF.

And shenmue was such a loss they started selling drugs. TO KIDS (and who knows; also DOGS).

It's clickbait, saying "a mockup it's not that good" it's no news.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III