Twitter Q&A

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Twitter Q&A

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:21 am

Depends on what you consider items of value. What about the amulet n sword handguard?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: James Brown
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Three Blades » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:27 am

It's just fun to carry over your money, toys, and various items though... Not to mention being able to continue from the same date!

I know he has no control over whether there will be a Shenmue 1 and 2 remake, but COME ON! At least, be a little forward-thinking: make Shenmue 3 with the option to carry over the save from Shenmue 2 remake! Even if the remake doesn't exist yet! That way, when/if it gets made, Shenmue 3 will already be compatible with it!
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:29 am

Three Blades wrote: It's just fun to carry over your money, toys, and various items though... Not to mention being able to continue from the same date!

I know he has no control over whether there will be a Shenmue 1 and 2 remake, but COME ON! At least, be a little forward-thinking: make Shenmue 3 with the option to carry over the save from Shenmue 2 remake! Even if the remake doesn't exist yet! That way, when/if it gets made, Shenmue 3 will already be compatible with it!

Hope they can do something like this, or atleast create some code or something in advance that if the first 2 were re-released they could give them the code to use and it would just create a Shenmue 3 friendly save file which is loadable and auto starts a fresh Shenmue 3 game with everything from the snapshot of 2 inventory and money :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 am

I'd just like to be able to level my moves up to max in Shenmue 1 and have that carry through to 3+.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Three Blades » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:32 am

Hope they can do something like this, or atleast create some code or something in advance that if the first 2 were re-released they could give them the code to use and it would just create a Shenmue 3 friendly save file which is loadable and auto starts a fresh Shenmue 3 game with everything from the snapshot of 2 inventory and money :)

Yeah...
or even, just patch Shenmue 3 later to make it compatible with 1 and 2's remakes.
But honestly... that wouldn't be necessary if they just plan ahead a little bit. It would be the same as when they made Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast, except in reverse. Can't be that hard, they did it 15 years ago.

As long as the remakes are on the same platform as Shenmue 3, I don't see how there would be any problems :???:
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 am

johnvivant wrote: i think he means the size of each village is comparable in size to dobuita. at least i hope thats what he means. maybe they will interconnect with beautiful open forests and paths, with the option of fast travel.

Kinda hoping this is the case too, and it would make the most sense, I guess. And also, they are villages, so it'd figure that they wouldn't be huge like Wan Chai or Kowloon.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby ianpm31 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:02 am

If that's the case I'm completely fine with having a more detailed condensed village. But I have no worries either way I'm sure pay pal will come and it will get us to 10 million eventually.

ianpm31 has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 pm

The most interesting parts :
- A such small scale as Dobuita could mean that the interactivity and richness inside is huge, this is pretty exciting.
- Yu Suzuki still refuses to be clear about combat system, what is he trying to hide ?
- Too much "thanks you" about fan ideas that were already in the original games, Yu is worrying me a little.
- "I would like to take on some new challenge in terms of technology." : As an ambitious programmer, Yu wants his revenge.
- No Virtua Fighter 6 arg.
- Yu has a great sense of humor.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby DOS » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:42 pm

will Shenmue have online functionality for example Online arcade Highscores or Online 70 man fighting battles?

Yu: It will be a lot of fun, but depends on budget, so still under consideration

Online Yu says?!
Shenmue Online I say! :king:
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby Julio III » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Was a really interesting Q&A!

I'm still confused about the 11 or 16 chapters thing though... so if 11 is a cut-down thing, that's saying it's not counting things like Chapter 2: The Boat then? Because 11 seems like we are already too close to the end...
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Sounds to me Yu-san doesn't want to give anything away. He wants us to be surprised. No promises.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby VernonSPQR SF » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:09 pm

This was my question:

but Mr. Suzuki hasn't answered it.

I'm really curious to know this, besides the speculations, of course.
VernonSPQR SF
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Vernon2X
XBL: Vernon2X
Currently playing: #SaveShenmue

Postby Wanderin' » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Yes - this is the problem with both Kickstarter projects and the fact that Shenmue 3 hasn't even truly entered production yet: that essentially Mr. Suzuki can't really 100% confirm anything about the final game yet, and that most conventionally funded games wouldn't even be at liberty to discuss such issues while the game is still in (pre)development phase.

Consequently, the biggest concern that worries me right now was his Dobuita-scale response. With as many as three towns/villages planned for the game, let's hope the total size of the game won't only be as big as Shenmue 1's Dobuita. As for whether or not that means each village will be as big as Dobuita - well, there's no way to confirm that at the moment and Mr. Suzuki will likely just suggest that the game's overall size will ''depend on the KS budget''.

Sadly, the project's overall budget is still the most mysterious factor - even without an exorbitant multi billion dollar budget, you'd think that Suzuki hopefully has at least a decently adequate budget planned out to make a competently fleshed out game (where entire villages aren't merely different placeholder backdrops for the plot to continue advancing) - or were we right in that he's literally trying to make a game with only 5 to 6 million dollars?
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Drakul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:25 am

This was a great Q&A. A lot better than the Twitch which was just a rehash of the reddit.
Drakul

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

johnvivant wrote: i think he means the size of each village is comparable in size to dobuita. at least i hope thats what he means. maybe they will interconnect with beautiful open forests and paths, with the option of fast travel.

Going by the sketches they released and the 'I AM SHENMUE 3' description on the KS, it would appear it would be a boat ride between Baisha and Choubu. I hope the funding allows for this anyway.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III