Will there be micro transactions in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Will there be micro transactions in Shenmue III?

Postby Benwah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 am

For the reward that lets you have your face on a lucky hit board it states "+50 Lucky Hit Tickets (in game item)" this got me thinking about the possibility of micro transactions in Shenmue III. I'm not sure I really like the idea to be honest. I understand the want and perhaps need for extra money for future games in the series, but the idea of micro transactions in Shenmue leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth.

In my opinion micro transactions do not suit Shenmue at all, it takes away from the immersion which is one of the key features in the series. What do you all think? Are they likely, and will you take advantage of them if they are present?
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Re: Will there be micro transactions in Shenmue III?

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:10 am

I doubt it...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:12 am

If it has it's own separate section in the pause menu, I don't have a problem with it. As someone who ignores the option to kill in stealth games, I'm pretty sure it'd be just as easy to ignore an optional payment function. I'll probably go on a spending spree on there though once I've completed the game and ran out of people to buy Shenmue III for.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:14 am

I think it's the best idea for the franchise and makes sense for this game than others. Especially ince people are asking for payal. Why not give the team work with more missions to buy, more things to buy for the game to support it and keep it going into the development of sh4?

Since I love Shenmue, I have no problem buying a season pass for this game if hey are adding features such as

1. Extra missions that are not affecting the main story - battles and expanded areas
2. Sega arcade games played in the game world and in the ps4 menu

sonic, sega genesis, panzer dragoon, burning rangers, nights, Daytona 2, scud racer and 100's of more

3. Hundreds of casule toys from sega,soni, sony and popular third party characters to be bought

4. A virtua like fighter set in the Shenmue world with arenas brought from all 3 SH games

example

1. Outside Ryo' home

5.Forklift race creator

These are just a small example of the posibilites of Shenmue world. I'd pay atleast 20 or more each for the fighting version. Racing and I'd probably buy everything they made. I'd rather have a 100 dollar by all content option though

Besides arcade, Saturn game, wish they could make it a hub for all of sega and make it huge.

I'd do a 60 dollar subscription to play 100's of sea arcade and console games. Gimmie!

I don't want 2.99 skin packs and whatever. But, buying fighters with detailed move sets for the 2 player versus fghter would be so welcome.

For the record I only buy tracks and things for games I really enjoy such as Motorsotrm pacific Rift.

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: Gavan
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby wataro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:50 am

I think there should be, but handled like this,

I mean I thought about this for shenmue online and this is a bit of a taboo subject, but make the game have a online section like shenmue passport, separate from the main game and in there you can get limited edition capsule toys and moves for REAL MONEY

Buy tokens to use as virtual currency within the passport area, for example; 1token = 円100

play capsule toy machines for tokens
lucky hit? sure
chinchiro? sure, gamble away and win big
Vending machines that give you RNG luck up and a chance to get wining cans, collect 5 winning cans to trade for a ultra rare scroll move or gold dural,

tokens can also be used to redeem for prizes, on rotation bimonthly or something

play classic YS games outrun, after burner hang on ect in the arcade and compete for high score!!!!
its away of making back money and funding shenmue4
shit, you could even release this asap and use it to fund shenmue 3 AND give people something to do while waiting for shen3, could have a chat room and private channels simple IRC XDCC or something, anything to take peoples money they WANT to fucking give it to you.

and it would be totally separate for the off-line no DRM kids muh gameplay ect
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Mystere » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:42 am

Mm. It's not an idea that sits easy with me. Micro transactions are the scourge of modern gaming, and if extra content (such as side quests) has been developed for the game on release then it should be included IMO, especially given the fan-assisted nature of Shenmue 3's funding already.

Frankly, I'd be pretty annoyed if on day one Shenmue III had locked / exclusive content I could only access by opening my wallet again, esp if I've contributed several $100's to it by then via Paypal.

Capsule toys or move scrolls, fine, I could accept that but the idea of a "Season Pass" for Shenmue literally made me feel a bit sick when I read it TBH. I hope they don't go that far.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III