Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

Postby Shenmuehua » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

I would love to reach 7.5m because of the high battle ground system which is also the last one for battles to unlock.

But I don t think that s so realistic unless they announce Shenmue and Shenmue II HD, paypal, money after the KS etc...

So without these I would say 6.253.846$ 8)
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby wataro » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:40 am

Wude-Tang Clan wrote: I wonder how frigging stupid SEGA feels right about now.

Probably not very, It's not SONIC, nor is SEGA the company it used to be 15 years ago.
I doubt the shot callers in SEGA even knew what a shenmue was until E3...

Lets just hope they have 2 fucking braincells left to get Shenmue 1/2 ports out to PC/ps4 in the next 2 years...
Emulation just is not quite good enough, I don't even give a shit if the whole HD thing is a rumor, just pass the ports.
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:54 am

I don't follow Nintendo much, but I'm sure it would have helped; XBOX One doubly so.

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Wude-Tang Clan

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 pm

The wii U is the worst selling home Nintendo console ever, even the GC crushed it.

Either way, I think we were talking about that before. I don't think having it on the xbox is more helpful.

The money sony will likely spend on the title is probably 5x more than what xbox gamers would have pledged, which isn't much (I'd imagine less than 500,000 easily) just like the last FF sales were like 80 percent in PS4's favor.

Not not to mention in Europe ps4 has a huge lead. Sometimes a game has more meaning when it's exclusive as well. Sort of like the ps1 days, tomb raider. FF, I do believe some games can do better by being exclusive. Final Fantasy, Shenmue fall under that. COD, shooters do not.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Drakul » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it'll pass Bloodstained and maybe people will push to $6M to get the Advanced Free Battle tier. I would like it to reach $7M for AI Battling (well 11M for everything but more realistically).

They definitely need to add a payment option. Even if the kickstarter goes crazy and we reached $11M I don't think it's enough to fulfill Yu Suzuki's true vision for the game. He's always been one to push for new tech, new systems and being at the forefront costs a lot of money.
But hey even if they add payment and he has enough to make Shemue 3 perfect, then he can start saving for Shenmue 4!
Drakul

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:12 pm

50 000 backers, the equivalent of a football stadium, through all the world is a disappointment.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Yokosuka wrote: 50 000 backers, the equivalent of a football stadium, through all the world is a disappointment.

What :roll:
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:03 pm

I think he is saying it's not a lot o people for how many people are in the world

Also, the KS really picked up the last 4 hours. I think "around" 5 hours ago it was under 10k for the day and now it's up to about 41k (with missing dinners and npc character) that will surely get filled eventually that's 20k

It seems America is taking to sh a lot more the whole rest of the world. What's going on Europe? I hardly ever see a big day from you guys. Is that a Shenmue issue or KS not being very well known there?

The track keeper doesn't keep up with location donations?
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 0rganiker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:04 pm

wataro wrote:Probably not very, It's not SONIC, nor is SEGA the company it used to be 15 years ago.

Lets just hope they have 2 fucking braincells left to get Shenmue 1/2 ports out to PC/ps4 in the next 2 years...
Emulation just is not quite good enough, I don't even give a shit if the whole HD thing is a rumor, just pass the ports.

It's crazy thinking about how different things used to be with Sega. I was reading an interview where Yu was talking about how the chip for his Model 2 board (Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter 2) came from actual flight simulation equipment developed by Lockheed Martin. Can't really picture Sega making a deal like that nowadays.
0rganiker
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:06 pm

0rganiker wrote:
wataro wrote:Probably not very, It's not SONIC, nor is SEGA the company it used to be 15 years ago.

It's crazy thinking about how different things used to be with Sega. I was reading an interview where Yu was talking about how the chip for his Model 2 board (Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter 2) came from actual flight simulation equipment developed by Lockheed Martin. Can't really picture Sega making a deal like that nowadays.

They have been using xbox and ps2 hardware right? I think they stopped powerful arcade hardware for a long time...
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mrandyk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Yokosuka wrote: 50 000 backers, the equivalent of a football stadium, through all the world is a disappointment.

Does that also mean a game selling one million units, just 1/7000th of the world's population, is also a disappointment?
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 0rganiker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
0rganiker wrote:

They have been using xbox and ps2 hardware right? I think they stopped powerful arcade hardware for a long time...

Yeah I think it was around the time of the PS2 when perfect ports became the norm. At that point home systems were usually as powerful if not more powerful than arcade systems, which accelerated the decline of arcade games in general.

At that point you have to think about what arcade systems can still offer that home systems don't, and I think it still comes back to Yu Suzuki. His games had an edge because of the interaction. Hang-On actually required you to get on that motorcycle. I don't think game companies really try to innovate in that way for the most part, though. They focus mostly on the game itself, not how it's played, so arcade games will continue to be marginalized.
0rganiker
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 pm

if they sit on their hands and do nothing for the rest of the KS campaign I predict we will be short of 5 million by around 100k (4.9mill-ish).. if they pull something else out of their hat before the end that is even half as good as the PS4 physical boost, then we should hit 5 million, I don't think we will beat bloodstained however, too many are relying on a last minute boost in pledges, as if that always happens, it doesn't.. the ones where it has the company involved in running the kickstarter does an all out media blitz, unless someone can prove me wrong I don't think Awesome Japan have engaged any major media outlets throughout the whole KS.

http://www.funded.today/blog/the-myth-o ... t-the-end/

and to anyone quoting backer numbers on a KS as an indication of possible sale at launch under estimates how many people refuse to even entertain the thought of KS and will wait for reviews/release. 50,000+ on KS is a big indicator of good sales at launch.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:26 pm

mrandyk wrote:

Does that also mean a game selling one million units, just 1/7000th of the world's population, is also a disappointment?

50 000 backers from 2 million potential old players including curious newcomers.

2.5% is very weak.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Hate to break it to you all but even 6 million won't be purely development funds, remember if you pledge you probably pledged enough for items such as a copy of the game, which means your pledge is mostly to fund manufacture of your game copy etc.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III