Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:31 pm

But...but...that battle system has to be expanded!! :(
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Dragon St. » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:34 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Dragon St. wrote: I think it's interesting to see what The Bard's Tale IV is doing as a reference point. That videogame is a sequel as well and it's now entering it's final days now.

3 days left and no surge at the end

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile ... s-tale-iv/

Yup, the fans have already showed up at the beginning. I'm worried we're in a similar situation. Why would a Shenmue fan want to wait until the very end of the campaign?

Sure, there is far more hype surrounding Shenmue and some people would like to give it a try because of it. But we may also lose some backers who have already boarded the hype train but have been cooled off by next week.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Himuro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Dragon St. wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Dragon St. wrote: I think it's interesting to see what The Bard's Tale IV is doing as a reference point. That videogame is a sequel as well and it's now entering it's final days now.

3 days left and no surge at the end

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile ... s-tale-iv/

Yup, the fans have already showed up at the beginning. I'm worried we're in a similar situation. Why would a Shenmue fan want to wait until the very end of the campaign?

Sure, there is far more hype surrounding Shenmue and some people would like to give it a try because of it. But we may also lose some backers who have already boarded the hype train but have been cooled off by next week.

Often, it's not fans who join in at the end. It's usually fence sitters. Also, Bards Tale has 3 days left. The last day or two should have more backers as more people are notified via email.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 pm

I cant spend anymore (I did the $300 tier) but I called a old high school friend and he is checking how much cash he can get together. Do we have a plan for the last few days?
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Dragon St. wrote:

Especially since the S30 on the third campaign. I'm worried too.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 pm

I wouldn't worry at all. Think positive!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Himuro wrote: I wouldn't worry at all. Think positive!

People just need to see your airing out books skills! That will get the cash flowing.
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

If we can transition a decent amount of the digital tier to the physical, as well as new backers to physical or higher it would make the biggest impact

Digital is over 24,000
20,000 x $30 = $600,000

New -

5,000 x $80 = 400,000

10,000 x $100 = 1,000,000

There are now tiers set in place here big money is a huge possibility if people just get on it.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Drakul » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Dragon St. wrote:

Because since the first few days we've had new rewards and tiers added. It's highly possible a lot of people haven't checked back since.
Drakul

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:36 am

4.5 million surpassed.

I have no doubts we will hit 5 million by projects end. I am absolutely stoked with 5 million. Before the stretch goals were fully revealed and we knew Yu a
needed 2 million for Shenmue 3, I would have absolutely jumped at 5 million!

I know people don't feel the same as me, worrying about this and that, but I think 5 million is an astounding amount, and we are going to have a fantastic Shenmue game.

Peter has received a thanks from: Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

I have been eyeing $6 million this whole time as the optimistic goal, but would also be satisfied seeing the campaign end at $5 million.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 am

Peter wrote: 4.5 million surpassed.

I have no doubts we will hit 5 million by projects end. I am absolutely stoked with 5 million. Before the stretch goals were fully revealed and we knew Yu a
needed 2 million for Shenmue 3, I would have absolutely jumped at 5 million!

I know people don't feel the same as me, worrying about this and that, but I think 5 million is an astounding amount, and we are going to have a fantastic Shenmue game.

I would be extremely happy with 5 million but that result still isn't guaranteed looking at the pledges starting to slow again already

In the past 13 hours it's only made 23k. Which means we are probably going to get about 50k every 24 hours. that's below 5 million at KS end and it's bound to slow more...

...we need one more magic bullet like the ps4 physical tier to push us into 5 million.. Otherwise I think we will fall short
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:56 am

I think at 5 million we will definitely have a good Shenmue game.. but that 6 million goal. "Expanded Free Battle".. Sounds pretty important. I hope we can get that, but we need something big to happen in motivating new people.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am

I've visited other message boards in which many have stated they are waiting until the end to pledge. I was actually going to do that myself, but was bored on the 3rd and decided to pledge then to be part of that little campaign.

There are advantages to waiting. For one, you can see exactly how much money you have to cough up. And there's the perceived notion that there will be a surge at the end and it's fun to hold out and be part of that. And some can be expected to raise their pledge if possible (and hopefully outweigh anyone that may back out)

Since this is a high-profile Kickstarter that's been heavily reported on, the extra media attention that will surely come with the campaign's final days will only help that boost.

Stop worrying, folks. We've already made history :king:

Lan Di-sama has received 2 thanks from: gabril, James Brown
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:38 am

I'm with Lan Di-sama on this. We will get a push at the end. It's just a question of how big. Oks, you can link projects which didn't have a surge at the end, but this is a record setting project which has still rose steadily on a daily basis (even if it's 10k, or 25k). It's just went up and up and up.

6 million is achievable, bit even if we don't make that, we just don't know what will happen post deadline day and during development. We are in the hands of a gaming genius. He will squeeze every dollar out of the final amount. Take the original games for example. Will they just place the game on double the amount of discs for the Dreamcast and increase the production value? Naw, fuck that, let's just invent a brand new process of data compression. No big deal here folks! Yu is a pioneer, and let's be honest, this looks to be his swansong. His baby of over 20 years now.

That's also not including the undisclosed details of whatever extra funding that he will get. You have a choice here, to be positive or negative about that. YS.net, Shibuya, independent investors, Sony, individual investors..... who is providing extra funding and how much??? We will never know. But on paper, it looks like an attractive investment based on the reputation of the franchise, the success of the Kickstarter, and the future of the franchise if in fact Shenmue 3 is confirmed as not the final game in the saga. In fact, the comments made by Segas CEO yesterday do nothing but make an investment more attractive again. Shenmue HD looks more a reality than its ever been, thus increasing the incentive of investing into a franchise that has a growth rate now.

Positive bandwagon rolling through guys. Hop on!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III