Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 am

Hell yeah

Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 am

ChooChoo mother fuckers. Let's hit 6.

Axm has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Wickio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 am

Let's get this money.

Axm, I enjoyed your Shenmue Cast release. Looking forward to the next one!

Wickio has received a thanks from: Axm
Wickio
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Sentosha
XBL: Sentosha
Steam: Wickio
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:03 am

Peter, your posts hypes me up. Let's do this!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks!
And ya, you will enjoy the next one. Next guest is going to probably talk more than me..
Big hint there lol.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenBlue92 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 am

Shenmue is on the spotlight now, a huge spotlight. The huge E3 surprise, 14 years of waiting, the incredible fanbase, the cult status of the game, its creator being one of the most respectable and genious game designer of all time, the huge success of the kickstarter campaign... Everyone everywhere is talking about it. An HD collection now would sell like hotcakes just because of the curiosity that has spread across the web.
Things that could push the kickstarter now would be:

- release of the shenmue documentary, something that should be posted as an update on the kickstarter page

- the announcement of an HD release of the first 2 games, with possibly a teaser trailer.
The possibility to pay 100 $ for physical copy + Digital version of Shenmue 1/2 HD and 120$ for a limited physical edition of Shenmue 1+2 HD.

Considering that shenmue 1 and 2 are under Sega, i expect something along the line of this: pledge more and you'll be able to download the first 2 games remastered before everyone else.

Of course, a XBox one annoucement could push pledges a lot more, but at this point I don't care. I 'm still sure of one thing: after the kickstarter ends, Yu will enable paypal, and sony will surely double (or more) the fundings from kickstarter if they want to keep the exclusivity. If Microsoft wants to jump in, they'd need to invest too ;)
ShenBlue92

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 am

Microsoft being involved in any capacity is an impossibility. Sony have secured exclusivity, with added backing for advertising and distribution rights in exchange. That would terminate that deal, and probably end up with Sony suing YS.net. Plus, it's a shitty thing to do on Yu's part with Sony allowing him to announce a Kickstarter on their E3 stage. Considering Yu is a man of honour and high respect, it's never gonna happen.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 am

Peter wrote: Microsoft being involved in any capacity is an impossibility. Sony have secured exclusivity, with added backing for advertising and distribution rights in exchange. That would terminate that deal, and probably end up with Sony suing YS.net. Plus, it's a shitty thing to do on Yu's part with Sony allowing him to announce a Kickstarter on their E3 stage. Considering Yu is a man of honour and high respect, it's never gonna happen.

With the struggles of a first-party title like Halo 5 trying to meet 60fps on the underpowered Xbone, I'd rather not see Shenmue III technically limited, either. That's why I really don't understand people who want this on the even less powerful Wii U. Obviously graphics aren't everything, but they would have to invest a significant amount of resources into developing a version optimised for lesser hardware.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

I don't think sh3 will be a technical marvel and would have no issue running on xbox one.
Also that isn't the biggest takeaway. Some games just feel more special when they are exclusive and can have better sells for that reason. This game I better off ps4 only. It won't sell anything in japan on xbox. most coutries in Europe are nearing up to 80 percenin ps4's favor. The latest amazon chars put ps4 n to 4 and I think last time I checked the cheaper xbox was nearing rank 50.

With that out of the way

YES, LET's go. As close to 10 million as possible.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Peter wrote: Microsoft being involved in any capacity is an impossibility. Sony have secured exclusivity, with added backing for advertising and distribution rights in exchange. That would terminate that deal, and probably end up with Sony suing YS.net. Plus, it's a shitty thing to do on Yu's part with Sony allowing him to announce a Kickstarter on their E3 stage. Considering Yu is a man of honour and high respect, it's never gonna happen.

This isn't the case, actually.

All they said is that they were providing marketing. Sony has provided marketing to plenty of non-exclusive titles. One such game was Destiny. Shenmue III is even going to be on PC and likely Steam/GOG, completely knocking your "exclusivity" argument. You're treating it as if the game is a first party Sony game; it isn't. It's a third party indie game. If MS put their hand in the pot, they'd likely market it as well. I'm not sure where you got this "exclusivity" thing from considering we have been battling such rumors and hearsay for a clean month. I predict it sounds you favor Sony systems, and what you said does not, in any way, correspond with reality.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Neighbour has been playing some kind of guzheng or koto for hours now, really putting me in the mood for Shenmue :D
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Monkei » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 pm

He might be right about that honour thing though. Plus I think Yu mentioned somewhere that Sony was the most important partner in this, so.. we can't really tell what all of it means after all. I'd say an Xbox version is possible, but unlikely.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 pm

The market share of Xbox One is just way too low to justify the investment needed to port the game, which could also be used to make a better game instead. If Microsoft wants it now, they need to bring the cash.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Himuro wrote:

This isn't the case, actually.

All they said is that they were providing marketing. Sony has provided marketing to plenty of non-exclusive titles. One such game was Destiny. Shenmue III is even going to be on PC and likely Steam/GOG, completely knocking your "exclusivity" argument. You're treating it as if the game is a first party Sony game; it isn't. It's a third party indie game. If MS put their hand in the pot, they'd likely market it as well. I'm not sure where you got this "exclusivity" thing from considering we have been battling such rumors and hearsay for a clean month. I predict it sounds you favor Sony systems, and what you said does not, in any way, correspond with reality.

No we have been fighting rumors that Sony is funding development, not distribution. If i am wrong about exclusivity then so be it...

But one thing i am tired of, is see when you speak to me, or anyone else on this board, dont speak down to them. I dont favor Sony systems at all, i very much have a grasp on reality so please dont make that assumption.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kobe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Yeah, Xbox version is not happenning anytime soon. I completely agree with Peter's part regarding Yu Suzuki presenting on stage at Sony's conference and honour. We want multi-platform? Well we've just got to look forward in the right direction of where this is going and see that Microsoft is ignorant at this time. I don't ever see Shenmue 3 coming to anything aside from what they've already decided on. No elbow assaults on Xbox, sorry.

With that said, $10 million is imminent.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III