KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 pm

If you look at the reward it makes sense, upgrading from 800 to 1200 is exactly the same thing plus an actual real life physical professional calligraphy of your name in Chinese characters.

$1400 is an in-game wooden plaque hanging from a rope with your name and birth date on, which is bigger and more obvious, so it's more similar to the $1500 reward tier, as such it doesn't include the $800, it includes the $500
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm not complaining. Any more options added are good options. Especially for those who haven't pledged yet, or those who want to throw a little something extra onto their existing pledge.

It's really pushing the culture which I also love. Keep the momentum going!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:16 pm

I don't think these new rewards will have much of an impact, but lets hope im wrong...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: I don't think these new rewards will have much of an impact, but lets hope im wrong...

I don't think it will either, we really need something like a Shenmue HD announcement which is unlikely until after the KS ends. We just have to.hope we get lucky with some unexplainable boost at the ends, I don't see it happening though

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Is the bit about choose 1 of 3 wishes a culture thing aswell? Since it doesn't give you an option?

I like these rewards aswell if they help the overall total, but like you guys, I just don't like the fact that i've pledged more money and i'm not getting these unique technique scrolls. It's getting to a stage where you just need to make a decision on a tier and stick to it, they're gonna release other unquie tiers to try and get smaller backers to up theres, but in doing so it's making the higher backers feel like we're getting less for our money.

At the end of the day though, our money is getting Shenmue 3, and I would and am giving virtually every penny I have for it.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Dragon St. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:37 pm

This can actually cause people to downgrade now there are more options to get your name/face in the game. It also makes the whole thing less exclusive. This will not result in a significant boost. You get like what? 20 people who up their pledge by another $200 or something?

They really need to stop with adding more rewards and produce some new content to win new backers. This really looks like a lazy job on part of AJ.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah the technique scroll is the only thing which rubs me the wrong way, but I'm sure he said they were used to learn a move faster, so maybe it's not that important if you can still get the move but it takes longer.to master it.

I would have taken a basic tell tale style game before it was even announced at E3 and now we are getting all this extra stuff. It's a happy time indeed, but I'll continue to stress and push myself until the KS ends just in case something I say leads to more money for the KS :)

That said, I think that's enough tiers, don't add anymore.. At most these will help keep momentum for a while but I don't see them boosting overall daily pledges
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sean » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:43 pm

I appreciate the effort involved in the additional tiers that they have announced recently. Considering how personal and emotional this project for Yu-San and for all of us in the community I like that they are offering rewards that make us longtime fans an actual "part" of the game to varying degrees...With that said though, there is a danger with these newer tiers in that backers pledging higher amounts could drop down some in order to scoop up rewards that are more appealing and/or to get the special technique scrolls.

With the short amount of time left of the campaign, hopefully they try and focus on adding tiers/rewards in the more moderately priced ranges to try and attract fans that are fairly new to the series; I think there is still a decent amount of growth potential in bringing those level of gamers in. The $80 tier was definitely a nice touch on this in my opinion.
Sean

PSN: Sandbox

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:46 pm

I hope those of us who aren't stonking rich and aren't donating thousands will not lose out on loads of technique scrolls... :???:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Drakul » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm most curious about what the 3 wishes would be...
Drakul

Postby joka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:59 pm

This is definitely getting confusing!

Why does the new 1200 reward also include the 800 patron reward but the more expensive 1400 only include the 500?

Surely that's wrong?

*edit also why does the 1400 emphasise it's Kickstarter exclusive? Surely they all are by default??
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:10 pm

ElephantStone wrote: Yeah... if they could stop adding rewards that have exclusive in-game items for over a thousand fucking dollars... that'd be great.

I'll let you into a secret...

Those exclusive in-game items will be worthless like all pre-order DLC exclusives...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Dragon St. wrote: This really looks like a lazy job on part of AJ.

I don't think AJ are responsible for rewards are they? And I'm sure even if they do have some responsibility, it will be minor.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:20 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: They seem to be losing the plot it seems and are fixated on the success of the $1500 tier...

..This isn't helpful for the KS..

Disagree, 1000 seems to be the sweet spot, as we saw last week.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Reprise
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

They need to realize that they have extracted every last cent from fans, now it's time to do their best to attract new blood!

Wheres the new video they teased? Are they waiting for the last days so it gets as less exposure as possible?

Why haven't they made an update where they explain what the stretch goals actually do?

Theres already a ton of rewards for all pockets, adding more will just confuse people.

Also, what are the 3 wishes and why does the 1.2k$ reward includes the 800$ one, but the 1.4k$ includes only the 500$ one? O_O
Last edited by Shenhua-Nani? on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III