Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

Postby Giorgio » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Gavan wrote: Episode 9:

phpBB [video]

Gavan wrote:
Dragon St. wrote: Possibly the best playthrough with commentary out there for Shenmue 1. Keep watching this!

I agree, it is a lot of fun to watch.

Episode 9 was great.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Episode 10
phpBB [video]

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm

"In episode 11, we punch Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki."
phpBB [video]

How did he climb the Nagai Industries stairs so easily ? I'm pissed !
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Episode 12:
phpBB [video]

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 pm

I always feel ashamed when I see players do not know what to do before the Goro's meeting.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I always feel ashamed when I see players do not know what to do before the Goro's meeting.

I haven't watched any of this playthrough, but which meeting are you referring to: the first time you visit the harbour or when you meet him after Mai gets Ryo the forklift job?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:08 pm

The meeting when Goro has to give a job appointment to Ryo the following day. But my feel is shared by all these kinds of day meetings in the game.

If Sega does not add the Shenmue II time accelerator in the hd remaster, they will lost my respect earned from the kickstarter.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:31 am

Giorgio wrote: I watched this and the people of this site rated Shenmue with 7.5/10. It seems the rating is so, because they can't even handle the D-Pad...

Shenmue needs patience, spatial/environmental recognition, focus on world/characters, emotional affection and a certain kind of intelligent.

And it seems these people are lacking those, therefore they can't comprehend/embrace it and/or they're spoiled by guided constant action games.

Sigh yea exactly, and they are not the type that such a great game would be appealing to(sigh, they're the type that GTA or the next random CoD clone would be super appealing to though), I guess it could be worse though, it could be IGN doing a playthrough/trying to rate the game, man that would be a disaster.

I really found the GT's playthrough of Shenmue 2 enjoyable, but omg I found Game Informer's playthrough of 1, downright painful to watch(what do you expect from a 2nd rate magazine company, which is owned by Game Stop of all companies).

This is sadly just another case of people who pass them selves off as game journalists trying to ride the hype of the Shenmue 3 announcement.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gavan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:48 am

Zoltor wrote:
Giorgio wrote: I watched this and the people of this site rated Shenmue with 7.5/10. It seems the rating is so, because they can't even handle the D-Pad...

Shenmue needs patience, spatial/environmental recognition, focus on world/characters, emotional affection and a certain kind of intelligent.

And it seems these people are lacking those, therefore they can't comprehend/embrace it and/or they're spoiled by guided constant action games.

Sigh yea exactly, and they are not the type that such a great game would be appealing to(sigh, they're the type that GTA or the next random CoD clone would be super appealing to though), I guess it could be worse though, it could be IGN doing a playthrough/trying to rate the game, man that would be a disaster.

I really found the GT's playthrough of Shenmue 2 enjoyable, but omg I found Game Informer's playthrough of 1, downright painful to watch(what do you expect from a 2nd rate magazine company, which is owned by Game Stop of all companies).

This is sadly just another case of people who pass them selves off as game journalists trying to ride the hype of the Shenmue 3 announcement.

Huh? To me it seems like they are enjoying the game. Even the guy who reviewed Shenmue when it first came out and gave it only a 7.5 seems to be having fun with it. It isn't like those dumb Funhaus videos where they just trash the game and make fun of it. I am really enjoying this playtrough myself.
Gavan
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby Zoltor » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 am

Gavan wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Huh? To me it seems like they are enjoying the game. Even the guy who reviewed Shenmue when it first came out and gave it only a 7.5 seems to be having fun with it. It isn't like those dumb Funhaus videos where they just trash the game and make fun of it. I am really enjoying this playtrough myself.

I suppose(I don't know, it kind of has a forced to enjoy/play kind of feel to it), and omfg don't bring up the abomination that is Funhaus, those videos have to be byfar the worst lets plays ever created in general, their Shenmue videos downright make me literally sick.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gavan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:35 am

Zoltor wrote:
omfg don't bring up the abomination that is Funhaus, those videos have to be byfar the worst lets plays ever created in general, their Shenmue videos downright make me literally sick.

LOL! Yeah I agree with you there...
Gavan

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Episode 13

phpBB [video]

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Episode 13

phpBB [video]

Yikes this is bad(only half way through the video atm, but I just have to post this now, as It's driving me nuts), these guys really need to focus, they're asking NPCs for directions, yet not paying attention, plus they are going back into directions, that they should know that the office Isn't over there(because they already checked that spot, ect).

It needs a lot more focus on the game, and a metric ton less of spouting out random stuff.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I watched the playthroughs since the episode 1 and have no complains for the moment as they still enjoy the game and fill the blanks when needed.

Hopefully they will make a Shenmue II playthrough.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Gavan
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 am

It's not bad at all. Sure, they're not focused all the time. But in addition to playing the game and enjoying it, they're having a fun conversation. Which really works well for a playthrough for a game like this, with lots of in game time to kill.

They did forgot to save though! :-o So they must have left the Dreamcast on to continue playing later or they have to play the last hour again!
Dragon St.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III