Yu Suzuki Twitter Q&A Recap 10/7/15

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki Twitter Q&A Recap 10/7/15

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:35 am

Reprise wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: No one cares but I still wonder why they don't use the official Shenmue font.

the guy who made his own kick starter video which they included on the page (forget his user name now) was requested to take the official Shenmue logo off before they could use the video.. this worries me slightly as I hope SEGA isn't commiting copyright rape and not letting them use it... the current font (which I hope is placeholder) looks horrible.

I'm pretty sure that's the case, I'm afraid.

If SEGA allows them to use characters and even footage of the previous games, I'm pretty sure they won't deny a font.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Marzy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 am

Even if they can't use the official font, I'm sure it'll look better than the current one later on. Seems like a quick place-holder, they'll probably start designing new fonts later in development that look more similar to the original fonts.
Marzy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Grow Home

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:57 am

E3 trailer.
What you see in KS is probably AJ made.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:08 am

RiGoRmOrTiS UK - Will Shenmue 3 start in the cave? I want the satisfaction of leaving it myself! don't skip the moment!

YS: Either from Shenhua's house, or the road leading up to Bailu Village.

Hrmm....

RiGoRmOrTiS UK - Ryo's jacket looks too neat and tidy, will it be changed to look closer to Shenmue 1 & 2?

YS: I'm thinking the same. I want it to be more worn out and fits more to Ryo. Brand new jacket doesn't fit.

Good to know, I really don't like the way the jacket looks at the moment...

ThePhantomPain - Hi suzuki-san if all goes to plan when will we see first gameplay footage of shenmue 3?

YS: The footage of final version will come out sometime in 2017

I hope that means we'll see beta footage before then :lol: I don't think I can wait that long!

DO IT! - Will you draw new trailer for help the KS?

YS: Yes we are planning to publish it. Please check our KS page frequently.

Well with 6 days left, they'd best hop to it...

シェンムー好きな人 - Does the Ryo call Goro?

YS: I like Goro, but I don't know how popular he is among the fans...

I think it's safe to say he is :P Hopefully he'll consider making it possible to call him...

Sumio Kodai - And will we be seeing the classic QTEs style return with the flashing icons?

YS: Yes I would like to implement it. I want it to be cooler than Shenmue 1 and 2.

Interesting...

Neo Zeed - Please explain the High Ground Battle System stretch goal for #Shenmue3?

YS: It enables Ryo to have more interaction with his surroundings. I think it will be fun to increase the reaction chains.

Still being pretty vague there Yu...

[シェンムー3発表やったね。 - Will there be a reappearance from Hiroshi Fujioka (Iwao Hazuki) who joined in on the Shenmue Gai announcement. I'd like to see his younger self and what he did.

YS: The other day Hiroshi Fujioka sent me some Fujioka coffee.

?? :lol:

#SAVESHENMUE III - Why Niao Sun's breasts are so large?

YS: 98cm. You do the math.

:lol: Think he misunderstood there, the question was 'why', not 'how large' :lol:

Alberto Hdez. Sande - is it safe to assume that the CGi renders from Shenmue 1/2 are the intended final look for the character models?

YS: The models will have better quality than Shenmue 2

:mrgreen:

Chris Benn - Any chance of seeing a playable Virtua Fighter arcade machine in Shenmue 3?

YS: Shenmue starts around 1986 where full-polygon games do not exist, so what should I do....

But Ryo having a Saturn in 1986, as well as the VF characters existing as capsule toys, is ok? :lol:

Ming Ming - if the funding dosnt make 9M in 8 days, will we see a part time job anyway?

YS: Even if funding does not reach 9M there will be part time jobs. How many is still a secret.

Good to know!

#SAVESHENMUE III - Will Ryo shoot fireballs in Shenmue 3 like he did in the trailer of Shenmue Online?

YS: In Shenmue 3, the scenarios will follow very realistic moves.

I'm sure this is a relief to many here.

Felipe Vasques - Even if the kickstarter finishes around the 5 Million mark, we will still have Bailu, Baisha and Choubu in the game?

YS: Yes they will be in the game.

I think this was kind of a given anyway, but nice to see proper confirmation.

ATUSI - Among the characters of Shenmue or you other games, who...
would you like to be friend with?
would you like to make your girlfriend?
do you actually hate?

YS: My wife is too scary, I can't answer that.

:lol:

YS : Ryo (Akira) in student (in response to by virtue of shenmue above)

Awesome pic!!

にゃふく@シェンムー3発売決定! - Will Ren, who said "This is getting interesting!" when Ryo went to Guilin, appear in Shenmue 3. (Translation)

YS: Spoiler:
He will! I have an interesting appearance in mind.

:mrgreen:
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:15 am

Juan José Vélez - with the phone card, will you be able to call Nozomi many times and have different conversations?

YS: She will hate you if you call too many times.

:rotflmao:

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmuehua » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:30 am

YS: It enables Ryo to have more interaction with his surroundings. I think it will be fun to increase the reaction chains.

I think of something close to Yakuza but without weapons. Interactions with environment and special techniques in particular situations.
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: No one cares but I still wonder why they don't use the official Shenmue font.

the guy who made his own kick starter video which they included on the page (forget his user name now) was requested to take the official Shenmue logo off before they could use the video.. this worries me slightly as I hope SEGA isn't commiting copyright rape and not letting them use it... the current font (which I hope is placeholder) looks horrible.

Maybe they don't want that people associate the actual placeholders with Shenmue brand so they're waiting official good looking trailers to use the official font.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Centrale » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:26 am

Shenmuehua wrote:

I think of something close to Yakuza but without weapons. Interactions with environment and special techniques in particular situations.

Wasn't there some terrain/different levels/angled ground in Virtua Fighter 3tb? That's what the name "higher ground" reminded me of.

But what does he mean by "reaction chains"? Like you could create a chain reaction of damaging attacks that include environmental elements/props?
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:02 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: E3 trailer.
What you see in KS is probably AJ made.

No it's on the official site too.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Centrale wrote:
Shenmuehua wrote:

Wasn't there some terrain/different levels/angled ground in Virtua Fighter 3tb? That's what the name "higher ground" reminded me of.

But what does he mean by "reaction chains"? Like you could create a chain reaction of damaging attacks that include environmental elements/props?

Ah! I had not even thought of that, that'd be pretty cool. I was always disappointed they ditched that in VF4.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Amir » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:30 pm

By reaction chains I think he means like rolling down boulders from hills down onto enemies, seeing what happens as the boulder hits one thing which then starts rolling as well. At least that's how it sounded to me.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 am

Amir wrote:I think he means like rolling down boulders from hills down onto enemies

That sounds violent and not like Shenmue at all.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby punkmanced » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:37 am

Good to know regarding The Jacket!
(yes, it's capitalized, since it's basically become a unique character at this point)

No, but seriously....it looks like crap at the moment; good question Rigormortis.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III