KS Update #34 - Poll Results & Fishing Poles

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #34 - Poll Results & Fishing Poles

Postby Kobe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Not a big deal. I hardly imagine that Duck Racing came across many of the people who played Shenmue 2, such a sinister easter egg hard to even establish.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby joka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Sinister?! What are you on about? And who said it was a big deal?
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Kobe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:47 pm

joka wrote: Sinister?! What are you on about? And who said it was a big deal?

Sinister because it was hard to win in the duck race. Big deal because you guys are saying it's like 2nd in the poll.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby joka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm

It came 3rd and I said that was good considering that not everyone who voted would've even played it.

No big deal was mentioned. Chill out
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Tom's rod? Hmm :-k I wonder how many will pay so Ryo can use their rod.

I was a bit disappointed to see all the votes for Ryo. Of course I like the character but I saw this as an opportunity to learn a bit more about other characters. Sure, they could show something interesting about him, but still.
I also wonder if some items will be exclusive for certain backers. This doesn't seem like a good idea though so hopefully not.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mystere » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm

ys wrote: I was a bit disappointed to see all the votes for Ryo. Of course I like the character but I saw this as an opportunity to learn a bit more about other characters.

Due to question phrasing I think. They explained the prize but IIRC asked "Who is your favourite character in Shenmue?" or something like that.

If they'd have asked "Which Shenmue character would you like to get a special scene?" it'd be different. Probably Ren.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 0rganiker » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Really jazzed about the fishing minigame. The poll should have excluded Ryo. I bet the results would have been considerably different without Ryo because those who chose Ryo might not have chosen the current 2nd or 3rd choice if Ryo wasn't available.

The new rewards are annoying because they lack creativity. It's as though AJ can't come up with anything interesting on their own, so they're just deferring to fans now. They came up with one semi-good reward and then, seeing that that worked, decided to do basically the same thing another half dozen times. The best way to describe this is that it's like watching new episodes of a beloved TV show after all the talented writers have left. Or maybe a better analogy would be Naruto filler. You can tell what is canon and what isn't because the non-canon stuff is mind-numbingly boring and it introduces no new concepts.
0rganiker
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:56 pm

I've been playing a little of bass fishing on pc.

Wow I suck so bad, don't know what the fuck I'm actually doing xD
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
myshtuff wrote: I sincerely hope that all these in game items are not Kickstart backer only or certain tier backer only. That would be a dick move that would alienate a lot of fans.

Well they can always put their money where their mouths are and pledge :P They don't have the right to moan if they don't. I believe all of these rewards/in-game items are KS backer only.

Yeah but paying $1800 for a fishing mini game is a little much. I assume we will still be able to fish, but just not get a personalized rod.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 pm

I don't think it's even a personalized rod, it's just naming an item that other people will buy/get ingame and probably get it "for free".
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Quocia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:04 am

I read here and there that some people were worried by the exclusivity of the in-game bonus. At least I am, I like aiming for 100% in my games and I can't afford to pledge 1200$ to have all the technique scrolls.

I sent a question about it a few days ago and got a reply today :
Thank you very much for your message and your support.

Whether the exclusive technique scrolls will become generally available or not is currently undecided.

It's not a clear answer and might be a polite way to say no, who knows..

By the way I'm a newbie in Shenmue, I've been following the board since the campaign started but it's nice to see such an active community. Thanks !
Quocia
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Quocia

Postby joka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:32 am

Quocia wrote:I read here and there that some people were worried by the exclusivity of the in-game bonus. At least I am, I like aiming for 100% in my games and I can't afford to pledge 1200$ to have all the technique scrolls.

I sent a question about it a few days ago and got a reply today :
Thank you very much for your message and your support.

Whether the exclusive technique scrolls will become generally available or not is currently undecided.

It's not a clear answer and might be a polite way to say no, who knows..

By the way I'm a newbie in Shenmue, I've been following the board since the campaign started but it's nice to see such an active community. Thanks !

That's an interesting answer- not in a good way though!

Surely they cannot just say everyone gets the technique scrolls as people have undoubtedly pledged on certain rewards because they want them.
It'd be acceptable to make them more widely available down the line but those pledgers should get timed exclusivity at least.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:39 am

Super depressing to see Xiuying voted so low. I guess not as many people got to experience her beauty and elegance from her feminine Japanese voice!
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 am

Kobe wrote:
joka wrote: Sinister?! What are you on about? And who said it was a big deal?

Sinister because it was hard to win in the duck race. Big deal because you guys are saying it's like 2nd in the poll.

WAIT!? Shenmue 2 had duck racing? Oh my gosh, there's still stuff to discover on multiple playthroughs. Personally I like the idea of duck racing, and fishing sounds relaxing. I loved fishing for hours in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 am

So.... the new reward is at 0 backers, apparently no one wants to pay 1.8k$ just to name a fishing rod....who would have thought!!!!

Can i laugh at Awesome Japan? LOL
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III