$100 Tier Reward - Physical PS4 Copy?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

$100 Tier Reward - Physical PS4 Copy?

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Can you still get the physical PS4 copy with the $100 tier reward? Thanks!
Glorious_Basterd
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: $100 Tier Reward - Physical PS4 Copy?

Postby rigo8582 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Taken directly from the kickstarter.

Update News:

PS4 physical copy now a platform choice! All tiers $60 and above will include your choice of the following:

PS4 Physical Copy
PS4 Digital Copy
Windows PC Physical Copy
Windows PC Digital Copy
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Ok thanks! Appreciate the info.
Glorious_Basterd

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Also, when it says "Get the real word straight from the development team". Does that mean that we will get exclusive inside info about development updated periodically?
Glorious_Basterd

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Glorious_Basterd wrote: Also, when it says "Get the real word straight from the development team". Does that mean that we will get exclusive inside info about development updated periodically?

Yes, through either the Kickstarter update system or something similar. I can't imagine that it will stay exclusive though.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Glorious_Basterd wrote: Also, when it says "Get the real word straight from the development team". Does that mean that we will get exclusive inside info about development updated periodically?

Yes, through either the Kickstarter update system or something similar. I can't imagine that it will stay exclusive though.

Hmm, well if that is true then that description is kind of misleading. That was the only reason I was thinking about increasing my pledge. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.
Glorious_Basterd

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Most of the kickstarters have a forum with locked content for backers. Others just have kickstarter feed that shows only to backers.

I guess the forum is the best approach. They could contact the admins here to do a special "backer update/discussion".
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 pm

But the thing is, word will always get out. That's what I meant in my previous post.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Mr357 wrote: But the thing is, word will always get out. That's what I meant in my previous post.

Oic, my bad. Understood
Glorious_Basterd

Postby manuel tripero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Not as much as you would think.

For example doublefine got a full documentary going on, 30 minutes interviews every month, the videos (as far as I'm concerned) didn't leak while the game wasn't out.

Of course, there wasn't that much of "let's spoil the game for you backers" (and I don't think that YS will do something like that), the only repercusion it got was the "we are very low on money", but it didn't spoil the actual content (the documentary).

That case was a full fledged documentary, in most cases are some updates of how things are going, some videos/renders/concept of the game. Not that much "news worthy".

At most I expect some update videos like the ones they're doing for the kickstarter (the ones from the lead programmer and designer). And those will not be on major gaming sites, maybe on torrent (have you seen the Torment updates on gaming sites ?). It's not like YS will travel the world whispering to your ear news about Shenmue.
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 pm

manuel tripero wrote: Not as much as you would think.

For example doublefine got a full documentary going on, 30 minutes interviews every month, the videos (as far as I'm concerned) didn't leak while the game wasn't out.

Of course, there wasn't that much of "let's spoil the game for you backers" (and I don't think that YS will do something like that), the only repercusion it got was the "we are very low on money", but it didn't spoil the actual content (the documentary).

That case was a full fledged documentary, in most cases are some updates of how things are going, some videos/renders/concept of the game. Not that much "news worthy".

At most I expect some update videos like the ones they're doing for the kickstarter (the ones from the lead programmer and designer). And those will not be on major gaming sites, maybe on torrent (have you seen the Torment updates on gaming sites ?). It's not like YS will travel the world whispering to your ear news about Shenmue.

I didn't think that, I just know that it would help me with the waiting process for this game.
Glorious_Basterd

Return to Shenmue III