$5,000,000 REACHED!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

Postby Jack » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:41 pm

it seems like barely even a week ago KS was still in the $3 million dollar range. I'd honestly thought for a while it would never hit 5, I couldn't be more pleased. Beating bloodstained in less than 60 hours still seems too much but who knows, maybe the shadowy hand of Sony will step in and create a few new "Backers" to help put it over the top 8)

I also feel like at some point I think I should send a tweet or something to the team at awesome japan thanking them for their hard work. They've received a lot of flak over this past month but they truly have put forth the effort to make improvements. Hopefully this was a great learning experience for them.
Jack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:
Peter wrote: I have no expectations after hitting 5 million. I am just sitting back now, beaming with happiness, and enjoying the ride to the finish.

Agreed, I was starting to get worried we wouldn't hit 5mil, but so pleased we now have :mrgreen:
Can't wait to play as Ren and Shenhua!!! :D :D

Is that what the character perspective system is?

If I remember correctly on the Twitch Q&A he is asked about the character perspective system and it's a series of opportunities throughout the game where you control someone other than Ryo (Such as Shenhua or Ren) and you'll see things in a different view point as a result.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 pm

So hopefully with the Portuguese translation being $80,000 away, it will be pushed to that point. Then $5.55 million to beat Bloodstained, and then 6 million for advanced free battle. Bring it on! I will hopefully be pledging more tomorrow or Friday
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:
Peter wrote: I have no expectations after hitting 5 million. I am just sitting back now, beaming with happiness, and enjoying the ride to the finish.

Agreed, I was starting to get worried we wouldn't hit 5mil, but so pleased we now have :mrgreen:
Can't wait to play as Ren and Shenhua!!! :D :D

Is that what the character perspective system is?

Yes, Yu confirmed this somewhere, I forget where, either the Twitch Q&A or on Twitter.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:50 pm

IN the nico nico interview he also said that every character will have a way of doing/saying things

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby RustedBird » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Altough I am jobless right now I can't help myselft and up pledge form $29 to $80.

RustedBird has received 5 thanks from: ConanTheKing, Hyo Razuki, Jibby, Mr357, Wude-Tang Clan
RustedBird
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:58 pm

So someone on Neogaf mentioned this:

Friday: $39,573
Saturday: $43,419
Sunday: $53,131
Monday: $63,359
Tuesday: $110,530
Wednesday: (Currently $107,907) ???

That is interesting to note.

RustedBird wrote: Altough I am jobless right now I can't help myselft and up pledge form $29 to $80.

Thanks dude, things might be tough now, but one day when you got a bit more cash you'll look back and probably cherish the backer only case that you get and the gaming memories of that DLC bonus you get.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby GrandUpper » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Good job fellow backers! :D I really hope we get to at least $6 million though, I'd love to get the Advanced Free Battle in the game, it sounds promising.
GrandUpper
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby RustedBird » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: So someone on Neogaf mentioned this:
Thanks dude, things might be tough now, but one day when you got a bit more cash you'll look back and probably cherish the backer only case that you get and the gaming memories of that DLC bonus you get.

Thanks man and all other people who upvoted. That's really inspiring. I'm doing this not only for bonuses (wait for my call Joy) but for all fellow gamers who have waited for so long. Anyway I should be back to my behind the scenes compilationn project.

RustedBird has received a thanks from: Peter
RustedBird
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Fuck yeah! 5 Mill!!!

I just was at the bank earlier today depositing my money and I finished pledging my $300 donation Tier for the Signed CE!!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!! I cant wait to see what the KS ends on this coming friday and I hope the paypal news comes soon! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :turn-l: :turn-l: :turn-l: :turn-l: :turn-l: :turn-l: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mindcrime » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:45 pm

RustedBird wrote: Altough I am jobless right now I can't help myselft and up pledge form $29 to $80.

Same situation for me - currently jobless. I thought I had stretched my pledge as far as I can, but this is a once in a lifetime chance. Fourteen years of waiting and all that... I know this isn't a competition among fans (duh!) but when I think about how people have pledged ten times as much as I have - and in some cases even more - I feel a little bit disappointed with myself. After all, there are no words to describe how much Shenmue has meant - and still means - to me.

I'll probably up my pledge as well. I wish I had the balls to throw everything I own at it (well... maybe not everything) but I'll have to keep it realistic. I think I'm good for a few more dollars though.

mindcrime has received a thanks from: RustedBird
mindcrime
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Its hard guys, and i am not saying this from a pressure point of view, but i sold everything bar my clothes, bed, sofa, Shenmue collection, tv and Xbox one (although the xbox can go if necessary) to get up the maximum possible amount, and when i did and had the cash in my hand...... Shenmue means that much to me that it gave me easily a more exhilirating feeling than ive had with my old PS3, Gamecube, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Saturn etc. My items from my gaming collection are in better hands now and the money to gladly give Yu and Shenmue 3 is profoundly more valuable and emotional than me just owning a bunch of items.

Just to see and hold Shenmue 3 in my hands before putting it into the console.... thats gonna be worth more than anything that money can buy.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Peter wrote: Its hard guys, and i am not saying this from a pressure point of view, but i sold everything bar my clothes, bed, sofa, Shenmue collection, tv and Xbox one (although the xbox can go if necessary) to get up the maximum possible amount, and when i did and had the cash in my hand...... Shenmue means that much to me that it gave me easily a more exhilirating feeling than ive had with my old PS3, Gamecube, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Saturn etc. My items from my gaming collection are in better hands now and the money to gladly give Yu and Shenmue 3 is profoundly more valuable and emotional than me just owning a bunch of items.

Just to see and hold Shenmue 3 in my hands before putting it into the console.... thats gonna be worth more than anything that money can buy.

Unbelievable Peter. If you got rid of your bed where are you sleeping now? I used to sleep on the floor for 10 years now I have a matress.
Last edited by The_Intruder on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Peter... Good God man... :shock:

Brings a tear to my eye that we have all come together to make this happen. I also sacrificed a couple weeks worth of money from my job to make this happen, I too wish I could ahve done more, God I wish I had the 10K to throw around to have dinner with Yu and go to monaco or LA or Japan or WHERE EVER! BUT I did what I could, we all did what we could and we have nothing to be ashamed of! Can we all just Bro-Hug-It-Out and cry about this achievement we have been waiting over a decade for?

I think this may call for some sort of gathering and party guys, and I am SO FUCKING SERIOUS!!! There is no better time than now to have Shenmue Dojo meet up and party in honor of Shenmue 3! Anyone else want to see this happen or help organize? I think it would be a great idea! Would be so epic...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 pm

The_Intruder wrote:Unbelievable Peter. If you got rid of your bed where are you sleeping now? I used to sleeep on the floor for 10 years now I have a matress.

No bud, everything but those items like my bed and living items. I couldnt sell that anyways its a heap of crap. May as well throw the mattress on the floor :lol:

Peter has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III