Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 am

Himuro wrote: Even now the haters refuse to admit Shenmue's strength. There's a thread on reddit and they don't want to acknowledge this at all.

reddit? :rotflmao: (is that a thing, just like kotaku, or some such SHIT!)

as credible as the bible, why waste time at that edgy bin?
if an actual game hits the shelves, the haters WON'T stop pissbabying themselves, it's the net, the good folks do counts for shit, we just find fault regardless.
what i'm trying to say, the haters don't care.
to put it in irl terms:

i was considered a bad person just because, the person accused me of shooting up smak.
time passed for it to self-prove that wasn't the case.
did that stop the torrid abuse from the piss-n-vinegar filled old axe? like fuck, i was another thing, another reason cropped up in her head to despise me.
outcome: i'm still here regardless of the hater. (as for that old bat, her heart packed in a few years later. poetic justice at it's finest.)
in tha respect, s3 shows, and brace yourself for a new made up bs non-related type of hate, the fire is fueled, from both sides..such is the way of the world, can't please or satisfy everybody.. (or even most tbh, but who cares?)
one thing would be nice, if s3 hit the last generation, but that's as likely to happen as me getting into shania twains pants. :P (not happenin')
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:22 am

Kotaku, of course, taking the negative approach.

Yu Suzuki Still Wants Your Shenmue 3 Money
By Ian Dransfield on 17 Jul 2015 at 3:00PM
At the time of writing, there are 13 hours remaining on the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. The thing we never thought would happen is almost done, it's the most highly funded videogame ever on Kickstarter and the game we had mostly given up on will be made.

But $5.56 million (£3.56m) raised – again, at the time of writing – isn't enough, and Yu Suzuki and his team want more, more, more! Ahem. If the game raises another $44k it will reach the next stretch goal of "new Kickstarter record", because in the world of Shenmue 3 that's an important mechanical feature of the game that needs to be added, even if it has already beaten Bloodstained's record of $5,545,991.

What do you mean it's not something in the game? Oh, right. Well, regardless, only a miracle will see Shenmue 3 bag the ten million dollars Suzuki said it needed during this campaign. On to post-KS funding, methinks.

For some reason nobody's taken advantage of the annotations feature on YouTube to put a link to the Kickstarter in the video. Also a sentence is repeated immediately, meaning somebody didn't check to make sure there was nothing clashing like that in a 55-second video.

I mean, I'm not saying this is the End Of Gaming as we know it, but it's a bit slapdash for something that's on the cusp of getting more money from Kickstarter than any game before it has.

I guess Suzuki's mind is on other things. Like sailors.

Reactions on the article are of course, the usual ''Sony is funding everything'' BS
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 am

Kotaku continues the trend of being awful at games journalism.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby darkratchet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 am

It's funny that they complain about that and not that Star Citizen raised $80 million so far.
darkratchet
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 am

Why are they so against this game?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 am

So much for "I have sympathy for Shenmue" or "it's just one guy at Kotaku who is the problem". Nah, it's just games journalism as a whole that's the problem (okay, generalising there, only 90% of it is).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Really disrespectful last line (I'm sure Dransfield thought it was clever).

Now I'm glad I stopped reading Kotaku a long time ago.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Just tweeted Jason from Kotaku and apparently he says it's from Kotaku UK which is run by a different company entirely..

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 4498726912

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Polygon has a decent article about the milestone we hit this morning: http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/17/899121 ... rted-video

Hopefully more outlets will continue to follow suit.

Sean has received a thanks from: Yama
Sean

PSN: Sandbox

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Axm wrote: Kotaku continues the trend of being awful at games journalism.

This. They couldn't just be happy for us, could they?
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ryo Fhan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't really like COD mp, love halo and play a ton of games... but I can still understand why people like it.

Some people just feel the need to push their opinion onto you , they simply can't get why you like what you like.

I do think a lot of us here are understanding enough to understand the basic psychology of people and why they hate or praise something. This is where we can move forward and ignore those people in a intelligent way. There isn't an answer, no why as to people doing what they do. What people do and think is a long process of human development that they themselves can't even understand why they think and do what they do. This is the most simple and basic truth of all of this.

Follow a few simple guidelines and it becomes clear

why do you smile
why do you want to feel happy
why do you talk?
why do you want money?
relationships in nature make no sense, why do we fee sad to lose a bf? it is just a created "title" after all

Do people see those truth's not at all, we repeat what we learn (thus why a language is so hard to learn) Repetition is so important that you have to hear it and see the meaning and translation will fail you in learning

What does that boil down to? You see how to kick a man when he is down, you'll follow it without hesitation. You learn to make fun, be mean, troll or whatever...you'll do it without much hesitation. This is why I'm so adamant about not being hateful to people... they simply can't help what they do (it's nice to say yes they can, and that they should do this and this) but it doesn't work that way, it just doesn't.

are all of these things needed to live a life, if I need to answer it for you then you simply aren't getting it.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue III