Shenmue III has more backers than Bloodstained now

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III has more backers than Bloodstained now

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Shenmue III surpassed the 64.867 backers of Bloodstained just now! \:D/ Wouldn't have thought it would climb up that much.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, ShenmueTree
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue III has more backers than Bloodstained now

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Now, Mighty no 9. is next at 67,226!!
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Postby joka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Ziming confirmed this amount on here to me when I asked and I remember thinking we had no chance... Incredible
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

On the surface of the visual side of kickstarter, but not in actual number.

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:24 pm

40,000-53,000 actual backers? No way. True, there are people who have pledged on multiple accounts. But I don't believe there are THAT many who did so. A few thousand die hard fans at most. I think we really have around 60,000 actual backers.
Dragon St.

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:30 pm

I think it's mostly die hard fans that actually pledged, even if only 1/3 of them made multiple accounts it''ll be very close to my estimate, which is extremely conservative imo. Again, I'm not trying to be negative but realistic in the actual amount of backers.

Though, to be fair, I am willing to bet that the average backer for the Shenmue 3 kickstarter pledged MUCH MORE than the average backer of Bloodstained, even if the officially kickstarter stats says otherwise, solely because there are backers with multiple accounts, which kickstarter does not account for. Shenmue fans LOVE Shenmue more than anything, so they will do anything they can to make the dream a reality.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:34 pm

Master Kyodai has received 3 thanks from: Mr357, NeoShredder, RiGoRmOrTiS
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Hey, I could be wrong and less than 1,000 backers actually had multipe accounts! I probably am wrong. I was wrong, unintentionally when someone asked me what my name was once, so... It's very likely.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:38 pm

(Double Fine Adventures had over 87k backers) :theyareontome:
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

:dunno: While I think it's true that the actual number of backers is in fact smaller than what the KS shows, I find it hard to believe Castlevania and Mega Man did not have their share of die hard fans who made multiple accounts.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:45 pm

What counts is how far we came... Look like 2 months ago. You could have asked 10 casual gamers about Shenmue and 9 of them would have been like "uhhhh what?". Especially among the young generation Shenmue was pretty much unknown. So if you look at that it is quite awesome that we have surpassed by far the world's most funded game on kickstarter so easily. Maybe fewer people know Shenmue than Megaman, Castlevania or Maniac Mansion - but their love and dedication for the game is nearly limitless as kickstarter shows.

Master Kyodai has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote: (Double Fine Adventures had over 87k backers) :theyareontome:

Yeah, but not really surprising. $15 for a copy of a new game by Tim Schafer, that was a good deal.
Dragon St.

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:56 pm

It doesnt really matter if they are alternate accounts. You think Bloodstained or Mighty No.9 also didnt have multiple backers? You will never know, so id say just celebrate the figure Kickstarter gives you and party on Wayne.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby LucBu » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:01 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:On the surface of the visual side of kickstarter, but not in actual number.

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though.

Shhh. No one needs to know our filthy secret.
LucBu

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Peter wrote: It doesnt really matter if they are alternate accounts.

This.

And, it's actually not unreasonable anyway- without addons, theres no other way to secure another copy as a gift or future christmas present
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Next

Return to Shenmue III