Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YedbC7fCj5o

'way over hyped and people fell for Sony's scam lol'

'I laughed so hard ... you guys donated how much? I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank!'

'For what ... not buying into the Shenmue III Charity disgrace! If you seriously donated to this I genuinely feel sorry for you .... this is down right disgraceful! What gamer in their right mind would even look at this and go "yes, this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping they would produce" ... seriously this is shite! Even the biggest of Sony fanboys must admit this. Don't defend this crap! Speak out and hopefully they will make it better.'

'I still don't know how they're going to make a Shenmue game with only 5 mil.'

'The best thing about Shenmue 3 is that it still looks like a Dreamcast game.'

As someone who donated, I try not to care, but these comments still somewhat get to me and make me wonder if he new generation of CoD/Madden gamers who are killing the gaming industry are going to ensure shenmue III gets mocked and doesn't sell well. :|
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

Postby zema » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:52 am

I wouldn't worry too much.
Those commenters are evaluating a game's worth in a rushed trailer that does not represent the visual quality the game will have in the future. And of course some of those comments are from trolls or fanboys that are mad that the game is not going to be released in their system of choice.
Have faith in Yu and his team.

zema has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, ShenGCH
zema
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: zema7777
Nintendo FC: zema7777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:15 am

I wouldn't worry about it. People are fucking morons.

To quote Peep Show; "people like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. Don't trust people."

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, SickOctopus
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:19 am

Well let them all hate....

WE LOVE SHENMUE AND WE MOVED A MOUNTAIN!!!!!!

Against all odds!!
THAT is Shenmue spirit!
THAT is why i love Shenmue
THAT is why i love ALL the backers!!!
I believe in Yu
I am so proud that we made this happen, we made ourselves proud, and not least we have shown all what Shenmue means to us!!!

I DO NOT REGRET MY LOVE FOR A SECOND!!!!

And i will defend this game and show my passion and love for it everywere.
Please understand that it is up to us, our passion and love, if it is strong enough will in the end make the balance towards positivity!!!

I really believe this,
DONT BE SHY, SHOW YOUR PASSION
People WILL be touched by it and everything will be allright!
This is something worth fighting for friends!!!!

will of the ancients

-sona mi areru ec sancitu-
Last edited by simsatit on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

simsatit has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357
simsatit
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Thief » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:36 am

We're just not used to these idiots talking about Shenmue -- along with a new game comes dumb ass nerd culture and constant uneducated criticism. They have the chatter endlessly about something, this week it's Shenmue, next week it's some dumb ass Nintendo exclusive whatever the fuck. Just let them rattle until they realize their lives are completely devoid of any meaning or culture and they've wasted years talking about nonsense.

Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby chris1986 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 am

It's down to the reception it receives from websites like IGN when it gets released, if the game gets a bad reputation from there most people won't be interested, we have websites like metacritic now that are good because of the way it works, plus the way the gaming world works now is different to before, now if it's not GTA, COD, or FIFA most people don't give a shit, unless it's something that blows people away like Uncharted. Hopefully Shenmue 3 can live up to its name, it's a very story based game after all, and you have to be interested in that to begin with, they really need to release the HD versions to get people to play if, since a short flash back isn't as good as actually experiencing the game fully.

I think SEGA should really go the extra mile and not only release HD versions of the game, but update what they can to help the success of Shenmue, on current systems things like loading times would be a thing of the past, plus updated HD visuals with better textures would give it the recognition it deserves. Plus all the toy collections would be able to be brought over to your Shenmue 3 game when you start it, there's a good chance here to make Shenmue really stand out, and I'm sure if most people got into the story they'd be hooked on it too.
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ConanTheKing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:50 am

They all need a slap.

phpBB [video]

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: Mr357
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:59 am

This is what those people want to see:

Reprise has received 6 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Mr357, PILMAN, ShenGCH, SickOctopus, Yokosuka
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:09 am

Like Theif was saying, we have now reached relevance in the gaming world again.
The project, Yu Suzuki, the fan community.. we are all open game now for trolls, fanboys and ignorant know-it-alls.

-The game isnt on Xbox and is console exclusive on PS4? = We will have Xbox fanboys try and discredit the worth of the game.
-The game doesn't have teh b3st gr4f1x evar?!1 = Looks like pong.
-They never heard of it before? = Doesn't matter whatever its like, it sucks anyways.
-They don't understand how the funding/development works? = Dr. Evil is controlling everything behind doors.

Eventually one of us are going to have a brain aneurysm fighting against the nay sayers. I will probably be that person eventually. Until then I'm going to save my energy for when the game is out and reviewers start slamming it for whatever dumb reasons.

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby LucBu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:17 am

We've got through worse.
LucBu

Postby simsatit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:22 am

Good posting Axm!!!

will of the ancients

-sona mi areru ec sancitu-
simsatit

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:29 am

Thief wrote: We're just not used to these idiots talking about Shenmue -- along with a new game comes dumb ass nerd culture and constant uneducated criticism. They have the chatter endlessly about something, this week it's Shenmue, next week it's some dumb ass Nintendo exclusive whatever the fuck. Just let them rattle until they realize their lives are completely devoid of any meaning or culture and they've wasted years talking about nonsense.

^ Exactly this...

Axm wrote: Like Theif was saying, we have now reached relevance in the gaming world again.
The project, Yu Suzuki, the fan community.. we are all open game now for trolls, fanboys and ignorant know-it-alls.

-The game isnt on Xbox and is console exclusive on PS4? = We will have Xbox fanboys try and discredit the worth of the game.
-The game doesn't have teh b3st gr4f1x evar?!1 = Looks like pong.
-They never heard of it before? = Doesn't matter whatever its like, it sucks anyways.
-They don't understand how the funding/development works? = Dr. Evil is controlling everything behind doors.

Eventually one of us are going to have a brain aneurysm fighting against the nay sayers. I will probably be that person eventually. Until then I'm going to save my energy for when the game is out and reviewers start slamming it for whatever dumb reasons.

^and this!

Couldn't have put it any better! Let the b*tches moan!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am

i agree. any game thats in the spot light for a while is subject to mindless criticism and ridicule, even stuff like call of duty gets slammed for being 'copy and paste job' or other such epithets. its common to have lots of hate and stupidity in a youtube comment thread but most of us are probably used to being on the dojo forums or the comments thread on the dojo youtube channel which are usually much more civilized and well thought out.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 am

It's youtube comments guys...where the worst of the worst is written.

Shenhua-Nani? has received 2 thanks from: Fei Fong Wong, Sonne2
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby phinal » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:03 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: It's youtube comments guys...where the worst of the worst is written.

When it comes to IGN and Gamespot, they really need to disable comments on their YouTube videos.
phinal

Steam: Tachyon

Next

Return to Shenmue III