What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

Postby Murderous Int » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:53 pm

If Yu puts in some arcade games I wonder if he will implement a "win a tech scroll" for either the high points challenge or finishing the arcade game?
I like the idea of Power Drift a lot or maybe having some of AM2 other early works or if Yu will choose to add his own teams unique arcade game exclusive to Shemue 3 that would fit into that era.
Murderous Int
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mrandyk » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Mr357 wrote: Crazy Taxi- it's a first-party Sega title, and I'd imagine everyone over the age of 17 has played it or knows of it.

Would love that. Bought my Dreamcast because of Crazy Taxi.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Three Blades » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Speaking of crazy taxi...
I was a huge Crazy Taxi buff (still am I guess), but I only played the arcade version once. And... for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to boost myself in that version. On the DC it's second nature, I'm constantly boosting, drifting, doing crazy shit that make people go WOAH when they watch... but the arcade one was SO HARD for me.
Can you actually boost in it? Or they added it for the DC version?
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rome » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: None. It's set in the middle of fucking nowhere. The available games should be along the lines of ball in a cup or playing football with rocks.

I'm right there with this. Maybe soccer or baseball.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby zach » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:42 am

I just want a Virtua Fighter. Would be cool with old and new shenmue characters in it.
Ok it doesn't fit well with the villages and the age period, but neither did the saturn, shenhua on a can, virtua fighter poster, vf and sonic capsules etc etc.
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm not entirely on board with including Virtua Fighter in Shenmue 3, but what would be really cool is if Ryo could learn a new move after seeing it in the game.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Virtua Fighter 1 & 2 are the games I have always like to play in Shenmue 3 or a Virtua Fighter character in the game like Shun Di.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: None. It's set in the middle of fucking nowhere. The available games should be along the lines of ball in a cup or playing football with rocks.

- Chi You Men is wealthy.
- We can imagine that a Guilin guy have emigrated successfully outside the land then imported some hi tech treasures from the metropolis.
- It could just be an underground place or the 222 room remake, not a truly arcade hub.
- Yu was over-obsessed with super realism for the two Shenmue, why would he screw it up ? He knows how to integrate things well.

No.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:
No.

No.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:
No.

No.

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby joka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Wasn't Yu asked about putting in VF and said something about polygons not existing when the game is set?

Anyway I'm not fussed if it even has any tbh- much rather some decent jobs/mini games
Last edited by joka on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:29 am

joka wrote: Wasn't Yu asked about putting in VF and said something about polygons not existing?

Yes, he did not seem enthusiastic about putting VF in Shenmue 3 in his reply.

About the topic, I would like to see no arcade machines if possible. Besides the already discussed possible conflicts in the consistency of the game world, it would be literally mind-blowing to see that rural China has possibly 3D arcade games from the future while modern Japan and HK are stuck with 2D machines from the 80's. lol

So I'd really rather prefer Yu focus on building a solid fishing game (a la Sega Bass Fishing) and a viable racing one (very confident he will given the past games' history and his cheer love for the genre). Maybe a game of Chinese chess would be nice too as someone here mentioned.

I guess the main reason I'm against the inclusion of arcade games in the third game is that it would betray the whole pastoral vibe Yu is trying to portray with Shenmue 3. Maybe a machine or two hidden in the Choubu Inn wouldn't hurt. But still no VF for me, even though I love the series to death.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby zema » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:10 am

sand4fish wrote: About the topic, I would like to see no arcade machines if possible. Besides the already discussed possible conflicts in the consistency of the game world, it would be literally mind-blowing to see that rural China has possibly 3D arcade games from the future while modern Japan and HK are stuck with 2D machines from the 80's. lol

So I'd really rather prefer Yu focus on building a solid fishing game (a la Sega Bass Fishing) and a viable racing one (very confident he will given the past games' history and his cheer love for the genre). Maybe a game of Chinese chess would be nice too as someone here mentioned.

I guess the main reason I'm against the inclusion of arcade games in the third game is that it would betray the whole pastoral vibe Yu is trying to portray with Shenmue 3. Maybe a machine or two hidden in the Choubu Inn wouldn't hurt. But still no VF for me, even though I love the series to death.[/color]

I agree, i think polygon games shouldn't be in the world, but i still would like to play some classics from the 80s. Going to the arcades and wasting money there is a substantial part of the shenmue experience in my opinion.
zema
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: zema7777
Nintendo FC: zema7777
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby MJMW » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:16 am

Last edited by MJMW on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJMW
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: FFXII

Postby muhu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 am

It will be interesting to see where the arcade will be. Given the fact that the game will be in China and in very scenic areas, my best bet is Chobu. The small city, that if it is.
muhu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III