How will Ryo and Shenhua be together?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How will Ryo and Shenhua be together?

Postby SMDzero » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:30 am

In Shenmue 2 Shenhua basically follows you or you follow her. In Shenmue 3 will you basically get to Bailu and tell Shenhua to wait at the inn whilst you explore solo?

Or will Shenhua perpetually follow you? I'm wondering about this.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Re: How will Ryo and Shenhua be together?

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:38 am

will be interesting to see whether her willingness to follow you depends on the quality of your relationship with her (rapport system)

i'm also imagining that if you take her around with you she can give you some kind of magic defensive buffs during battle.
damn, i can't wait to meet all the people in bailu village. shenhua will have a lot of introductions to do.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shenmue852 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:21 am

SMDzero wrote: In Shenmue 2 Shenhua basically follows you or you follow her. In Shenmue 3 will you basically get to Bailu and tell Shenhua to wait at the inn whilst you explore solo?

Or will Shenhua perpetually follow you? I'm wondering about this.

Not much different from when you briefly walk around with Ren in Kowloon, i imagine. Or numerous other games with a companion character like the parts of The Last of Us when you're walking around and not fighting.

There will probably be times when you aren't accompanied by her, i.e she'd wait somewhere or follow her own schedule.

What i'm curious about is how it's going to be once Ren gets there, then there'll be 3 characters- aside from when you actually play as him, I mean.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Taren Fox » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 am

Hopefully her AI will be better than Sheva's in Resident Evil 5.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Three Blades » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 am

You have to carry her on top of your head, similar to Ruto in the 3rd level of Zelda OOT.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:01 am

Or he could keep Shenhua in his green backpack and she could pop out from time to time like in Banjo Kazooie!

SMDzero has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Jibby, Three Blades, Yokosuka
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Return to Shenmue III