NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

Postby scarless landi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Do you think its possible that Yu may be consolidating this game into the final chapter? There are 4 members of the chiyoumen shown here. I know he said he wants to make more to have a complete story.

scarless landi
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Zoltor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 pm

scarless landi wrote: Do you think its possible that Yu may be consolidating this game into the final chapter? There are 4 members of the chiyoumen shown here. I know he said he wants to make more to have a complete story.

No way, he has not only admitted that he can't finish the story with just 1 game, but that if he tried, he would have to remove much more of the story, then he would ever want to(basically saying it would outright ruin the story)

Also I wouldn't assume just because Ryo fights them, it means that's the end of them, if I were you. You see, Ryo trying to be a good martial artist, has a real problem when it comes to finishing people off(weird, considering he's someone bent on taking revenge, but yea)

Besides even if Ryo completely destroys the organization, that matters nothing in Lan Di's case, Lan Di is most surely just using the organization, he doesn't need them.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby scarless landi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:02 am

I completely agree! I want Yu to create the complete story. Just thought it was a funny coincidence that 4 bosses are lined up and there are 4 members.

Not gonna argue on speculations though. That's silly!
scarless landi

Postby amiga1200 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:09 am

the less DAMAGE and moneysuckin paypal do to this outfit, the better for all genuine fans and the dev board as a whole.
(i need a fuckin life.)
the chart shows a long way to go.
it's not a question of faith on my side (i waste NOT) but the prior results, the last two games have spoken for themselves.
in this case, it seems that johnny nukem has thrown us a bone, just sit back and wait it out. :mrgreen:
would be keen to see what the op has to say, their personal opinions on the subject.
oh, bank transfers to make any difference, and you don't get gouged. :P
i do like that hand drawn art, simple, and rustic looking. ;-)
[edit]
typo.
Last edited by amiga1200 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 am

scarless landi wrote: I completely agree! I want Yu to create the complete story. Just thought it was a funny coincidence that 4 bosses are lined up and there are 4 members.

It's very likely that a 5th member appears in the story as the main boss of the Chi You Men. His code name is "Tentei" and he's an old master according what the community knows.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby scarless landi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:11 am

Hand drawing is amazing!
Cant wait to receive my illustration when this game comes out!
scarless landi

Postby Mr357 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:12 am

Zoltor wrote:
scarless landi wrote: Do you think its possible that Yu may be consolidating this game into the final chapter? There are 4 members of the chiyoumen shown here. I know he said he wants to make more to have a complete story.

No way, he has not only admitted that he can't finish the story with just 1 game, but that if he tried, he would have to remove much more of the story, then he would ever want to(basically saying it would outright ruin the story)

Also I wouldn't assume just because Ryo fights them, it means that's the end of them, if I were you. You see, Ryo trying to be a good martial artist, has a real problem when it comes to finishing people off(weird, considering he's someone bent on taking revenge, but yea)

Besides even if Ryo completely destroys the organization, that matters nothing in Lan Di's case, Lan Di is most surely just using the organization, he doesn't need them.

Exactly. Just think about how many times he beats up Tony and Smith in Shenmue 1.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby scarless landi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:12 am

Yokosuka wrote:
scarless landi wrote: I completely agree! I want Yu to create the complete story. Just thought it was a funny coincidence that 4 bosses are lined up and there are 4 members.

It's very likely that a 5th member appears in the story as the main boss of the Chi You Men. His code name is "Tentei" and he's an old master according what the community knows.

Interesting..Gonna have to check dat dude out!
scarless landi

Postby scarless landi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:13 am

Mr357 wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Exactly. Just think about how many times he beats up Tony and Smith in Shenmue 1.

LOL. Surprised they don't have at least some kinda of trauma. Than again they do sound like they are missing a screw.
scarless landi

Postby Zoltor » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:19 am

Maybe It's just a method to try to live upto the first two game's endings. The first game had a 70 person battle with a easy, yet story driven boss fight, while the 2nd game had a infamous boss battle, with Lan Di watching, fallowed by the Shenhua/stone pit events.

Really, how can one expect to compete with that, so multiple Boss battles(and I'm expecting everyone of them, to be very challenging/interesting, no pushover battles here) is a very logical choice, it hasn't been done yet(well not for the main story anyway), and it is sure to make it all feel epic.

Also note, the Infiltration quest, is the event leading up to this multiple boss showdown, so take that into account as well.

I think with the multiple boss battles, and the Infiltration quest leading up to them, there's a very good chance this ending will be every bit as epic as the endings of the other Shenmue games.

To Mr357: Yea I know, I'm all for not killing unless you must, but come on, sometimes you really just need to finish someone. Some people are just pure evil, and if you let them live, then you really are dooming others(good, innocent people at that) to death, in the evil person's place.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:06 am

"Hello, everything is going well at the moment. September will bring a lot of news." - Cedric Biscay

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, Himuro, ShenSun
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby iyapol » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 am

Amir wrote: Never have I found a flow-chart so exhilarating.

I take it you're fond of question marks?

iyapol has received 2 thanks from: Amir, Jibby
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:59 am

Yu went to a Thai restaurant.. that sounds expensive.... shoulda used that money for Shenmue 3! lol

I'm excited to see the first few tidbits of information regarding Shenmue 3's development and can't wait to see this project slowly come together in the months to come... we did it guys!

Regarding the scope... it's interesting to consider that we basically made it just over halfway between the minimum budget for production and the budget for a fully realized project.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 am

Ziming wrote: "Hello, everything is going well at the moment. September will bring a lot of news." - Cedric Biscay

Hi.

I have to slightly correct your translation about "September will bring a lot of news".

The french sentence "Septembre apportera son lot de news" doesn't mean there are going to be a lot of news but means more "September will bring its share of news".

Not a big difference, but hey, we are hardcore fans... we well know how we tend to react when news about Shenmue don't reach our expectations :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kiske on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby shenmue852 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 am

Makes me nervous that it seems like he's trying to fit the entire series into the scope of Shenmue III.
Last edited by shenmue852 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III