Yu Suzuki New Interview

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki New Interview

Postby James Brown » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Amir wrote: I'd like to see the High Battle stretch goal come about, sounds interesting and I think $1.2 million is achievable.

I'd like to think that the Japanese audience that struggled with Kickstarter jump at the chance to do Paypal, another reason why he's probably left the announcement of this until TGS because he knows this is a real option for them, and the news of it will break whilst he's at the show. This could potentially double the amount we raised because of real Japanese support if they get behind it like we did with Kickstarter - and the additional support from us again!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:31 pm

James Brown wrote:
Amir wrote: I'd like to see the High Battle stretch goal come about, sounds interesting and I think $1.2 million is achievable.

I'd like to think that the Japanese audience that struggled with Kickstarter jump at the chance to do Paypal, another reason why he's probably left the announcement of this until TGS because he knows this is a real option for them, and the news of it will break whilst he's at the show. This could potentially double the amount we raised because of real Japanese support if they get behind it like we did with Kickstarter - and the additional support from us again!

I dunno about doubling; while I would like that, in the minds of a lot of people, the game is confirmed and funded, even Suzuki himself has laid out his plans based on the Kickstarter funding. And as someone pointed out in an article on this board, PayPal isn't really that popular in Japan, either :/ Hopefully there are some cool new rewards to entice people, that'd help bring in some extra cash.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Is there even a Japanese language Paypal website? If Paypal's system does not run in Japanese at all and people will have to go through English again during the backing process, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

But I do hope our Japanese friends will come to the rescue.I do think a lot of economical potential was being shamefully neglected by the KS campaign.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: Is there even a Japanese language Paypal website? If Paypal's system does not run in Japanese at all and people will have to go through English again during the backing process, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

But I do hope our Japanese friends will come to the rescue.I do think a lot of economical potential was being shamefully neglected by the KS campaign.

Yes there must be, because Japanese use Paypal all the time for ebay. Also yes, some Japanese on Ebay clearly don't know much English, because the ones that don't, write the item description in Japanese.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Sounds good. So there won't be any language barrier for the Paypal option.

TGS might actually be the best occasion to get the Japanese audience in. It's the biggest video game fair in Japan, isn't it?

Will YS Net have their own stand or will Yu use Sony's? How and where will Yu appear on TGS?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Amir wrote:
James Brown wrote:

I dunno about doubling; while I would like that, in the minds of a lot of people, the game is confirmed and funded, even Suzuki himself has laid out his plans based on the Kickstarter funding. And as someone pointed out in an article on this board, PayPal isn't really that popular in Japan, either :/ Hopefully there are some cool new rewards to entice people, that'd help bring in some extra cash.

Ahh right fair enough then...I still wonder why they didn't use a Japanese alternative version of Kickstarter (I assume there is one?) and release both at the same time, that would have been awesome!

Will have to see how it goes then, I just really want to meet all the stretch goals...that magic maze still sounds rather amazing :)

Hyo Razuki wrote: Sounds good. So there won't be any language barrier for the Paypal option.

TGS might actually be the best occasion to get the Japanese audience in. It's the biggest video game fair in Japan, isn't it?

Will YS Net have their own stand or will Yu use Sony's? How and where will Yu appear on TGS?

Maybe it's about time Sega helped out and got him up on one of their stages...I mean they are expecting to make some money off a few bits of Shenmue merch!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:26 pm

James Brown wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: Sounds good. So there won't be any language barrier for the Paypal option.

Maybe it's about time Sega helped out and got him up on one of their stages...I mean they are expecting to make some money off a few bits of Shenmue merch!

... and they're also gonna get some royalties from Shenmue 3's sales. That Shenmue license plus the entire portfolio of Shenmue assets from Sega's archieves surely didn't come for free. :)

But then again, Sony's Gio Corsi said, they were gonna get behind this in a major way so it might very well be Sony's stage again.

Maybe Sega are producing all the Shenmue merch because they're gonna announce Shenmue 1 & 2 H... hold on, I'm dreaming again! But it would be so awesome! :)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
James Brown wrote:

... and they're also gonna get some royalties from Shenmue 3's sales. That Shenmue license plus the entire portfolio of Shenmue assets from Sega's archieves surely didn't come for free. :)

But then again, Sony's Gio Corsi said, they were gonna get behind this in a major way so it might very well be Sony's stage again.

Maybe Sega are producing all the Shenmue merch because they're gonna announce Shenmue 1 & 2 H... hold on, I'm dreaming again! But it would be so awesome! :)

Actually no royalties, from what I hear, Sega gave Yu all the rights to Shenmue 3, and anything revolving around Shenmue 3 specifically in general. If Yu wants to rerelease this game down the line, he can without asking Sega for permission, same goes for merchandise. However sadly only Shenmue 3, this doesn't include Shenmue 1 or 2(I wish it did, because then Sony would be definitely footing the bill to rerelease such as fast as possible). Well anyway, Yu Suzuki literally owns Shenmue 3(not just a lic), so I don't think Sega will be getting any royalties for such.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 pm

YES! YES! YES!

Every month on the 3rd I will do $30. Even if it kills me. :P

I've been silently watching and waiting for precisely this news! Thank-you for your continuing awesome coverage!
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Paypal holy shit its close.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

From the interview seems that fishing will be the only "stable" job Ryo can have.

He should make it 2 or 3 part time jobs. In SII if you didn't use the reset/try again gambling carrying crates was boredom, lucky hit was fun, but then you only made very little money and a lot of time.

He should make a really hard job paying a good ammount and an easy/fun for little (or/and also an average one).

shredingskin has received a thanks from: punkmanced
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am

Why has mention of PayPal been removed from the original post? :(
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:49 am

Anonymous81 wrote: Why has mention of PayPal been removed from the original post? :(

Please check this link :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47918&start=75
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: Why has mention of PayPal been removed from the original post? :(

Please check this link :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47918&start=75

Ahhh I see, No worries, sir. Not your fault, just a miscommunication. And it seems we will still get confirmation sooner than later. :) Thanks again for the great continuing coverage.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Any ETA on this? Looking forward to it :)
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III