PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

Postby alimn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 am

Pre-order Shenmue 3: http://shenmue.link/order

Shenmue 3 News Archive: http://bit.ly/2j9QZ8e

phpBB [video]
Last edited by alimn on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

alimn has received 5 thanks from: johnvivant, Mr357, ShenSun, Sonoshee, Ziming
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Additional crowdfunding campaign is officially up~

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 am

Kickstarter Update #45 : "One more chance to make history with Shenmue III!"
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ts/1355513

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to your support, Shenmue III became the most funded video game on Kickstarter with 69,320 people helping to bring back the Shenmue series back to life. However, there are so many people told us they could not pledge on Kickstarter, or could not make the deadline, and have asked for a PayPal page for another opportunity to contribute to Shenmue III. So here we go!

The Slacker Backer period will continue through December 31st. While the full game will be completed as promised with the use of the funding collected on Kickstarter, any additional funding collected here will go towards reaching the Stretch Goals to make the game even bigger and deeper.The three month window was set to allow a long enough time to for everyone who wants to support Shenmue III to do so, but short enough to keep the release date on track.

The PayPal page will feature a selection of rewards from the Kickstarter campaign including the Trial Version and the Collector’s Edition. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, you still have a chance to be part of the Shenmue legacy!

Surveys, add-ons and upgrades
Surveys are not quite ready yet, but they will be going out during this Slacker Backer campaign. Once the survey system is up and running, add-ons and upgrades will be available for existing Kickstarter backers. We will of course keep you posted here on the Updates page with all the developments.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Amir
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:16 am

Think I'll hold off until the Kickstarter backer upgrades are announced. The $600 signed Ryo statue was tempting but I'm not really a collector, figure it should go to someone who appreciates that kind of thing (hope it doesn't go to someone who's gonna instantly sell it on eBay :P ).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:27 am

I'll skip Christmas for this. Shenmue 3 at any cost. :P

Fund fund fund! :D
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:01 am

Just heard the news! Glad to see the pledge goals back. Looks like we are back in campaign mode till dec 31 though i wish it was longer than that. We have to get a few more million together some how! I cant wait to see the final number and i personanlly will try to pledge as much more as i can when possible. Lets make this even bigger! Long live shenmue! :D
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby iyapol » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:07 am

No PC reward seems strange - I wonder what all that's about?

It all isn't very clear again. Say if I wanted to donate $5 a week until 31 December, for example; how would I go about doing that?
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:29 am

^ Put 5 dollars into your piggy bank each week and donate the 80 at the end of december.

The English Paypal page looks and reads much better than the Kickstarter page did.

Personally I'm done funding. I'm still broke frome the Kickstarter campaign anyway :lol: The game is funded and happening and I'm totally fine with and excited about the way it turned out. Everyone who missed the Kickstarter though - go grab them rewards! :D

Edit: Okay, there's no 80 dollar reward. You'd have to make it 60 or use your christmas money to make it 100 then. A 'donate freely' option would really be good I guess.
Last edited by Monkei on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 am

How are we supposed to give $30 a month without ending up with 4 t-shirts we don't want/have no use for?

There should be an option to just donate without any rewards.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:50 am

How can we promote this guys? Need to push this as much as possible whilst we have the chance.

I messaged Biscay and asked him to consider the following.

1) Add a big paypal promo button either on the main image of the KS campaign, or just beneath it, much like Star Citazen, Yooka-Laylee and Age of Airus did.

2) Offer unique and separate rewards. Offer the artbook and figures separately like they did with the soundtrack, but also offer new and exciting rewards so that backers, fans and others will show additional support.

- Multiple Shenmue inspired tshirts (example of tshirt concept here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c/description)
- Shenmue calender
- Phonecard
- rare items
- Shenmue Art prints
- Mirror replicas
- Any new Shenmue Merchandise would sell like crazy.

3) Offer a simple donate button without rewards

4) Automatic update to the total funding.

Exposure and Marketing

1) Ask youtubers to promote the new campaign (Adam Koralik, AlphaOmegaSin, Happyconsole Gamer etc)
2) Paypal campaign (similar to SaveShenmue)
3) Message gaming outlets to cover the news.
4) etc.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:55 am

So it's finally here. I really hope fans still have that "fire" to donate for those stretch goals like before.

As this is going to be around Xmas, I might just buy a few extra PS4 copies for some friends as present. The bastards better be grateful.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:14 am

We really need two things now : YSnet-Neilo able to show something attractive about the game before the paypal end. And of course, Shenmue HD.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby iyapol » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:33 am

Monkei wrote: ^ Put 5 dollars into your piggy bank each week and donate the 80 at the end of december.

But you shouldn't have to. They should be making it as easy as possible for backers to donate regardless of the amount. They've had enough time to get it right.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexironaek » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:28 am

i am a little disappointed the telephone card is not included in the rewards. i hope that they will add it later either in the rewards or as a dlc
alexironaek

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 am

the addition of a real time counter for the total funding amount, and a real time countdown timer would be appreciated.

can we also have a backer vote to request shenhua's old kickstarter face return, i actually really liked it, much more than the new one.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:34 am

johnvivant wrote: the addition of a real time counter for the total funding amount, and a real time countdown timer would be appreciated.

can we also have a backer vote to request shenhua's old kickstarter face return, i actually really liked it, much more than the new one.

lol, both are just placeholders, why so much worries. :lol:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III