PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Himuro wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
Himuro wrote: Sega still owns Shenmue, but Ys Net can use the license and every thing developed towards the property for the development of III.

And most importantly, the benefits from the game belong to YSnet and Yu can reinvest directly the money in Shenmue 4 if I'm correct (but we don't know about the Shenmue 4 rights then).

Really?! News to me! I thought Sega and Ys Net would do a split.

Nope it was only a supposition.

People criticize Sony but infact, they should for Sega.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 am

As great as it is that we now have PayPal, I can't help feel that not a lot of funding is going to come from it. In fact, I would be shocked is it gets anything more over 7 million. Yea, I'm being negative, but also realistic.

The sad truth is that unless this is constantly pushed and advertised, then it will be forgotten about in no time. Look at the 30 day Kickstarter, and the days where you had only a few pledges. This is that, only magnified. You are going to have days, maybe even weeks with little and possibly no donations. That's why I disagree that this was left for so long after the initial Kickstarter ended. You had so much hype and leverage with the Kickstarter that could have been utilised here and I feel that has now been lost.

I hope this does well, but anyone who thinks we are going to even achieve one more stretch goal never mind "smash" them all is not being realistic. Just giving my opinion.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby johnvivant » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:35 am

i agree, paypal should have been up as soon as the kickstarter ended, taking advantage of the momentum and all the media attention when the records were broken. also if hd remasters are happening it would have been advisable to announce them at the same time as paypal which would have given it a huge boost.

why aren't sony helping to adverstise the paypal? a video on their youtube channels might have helped, tweets, blogs ect. they are supposed to be committed to marketing the game, why not the paypal?

got a feeling though that there is so much latent negativity in the gaming world about anything related to shenmue 3 and funding, and sony that they've probably been put off doing so. :sad:
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 am

Peter wrote: As great as it is that we now have PayPal, I can't help feel that not a lot of funding is going to come from it. In fact, I would be shocked is it gets anything more over 7 million. Yea, I'm being negative, but also realistic.

The sad truth is that unless this is constantly pushed and advertised, then it will be forgotten about in no time. Look at the 30 day Kickstarter, and the days where you had only a few pledges. This is that, only magnified. You are going to have days, maybe even weeks with little and possibly no donations. That's why I disagree that this was left for so long after the initial Kickstarter ended. You had so much hype and leverage with the Kickstarter that could have been utilised here and I feel that has now been lost.

I hope this does well, but anyone who thinks we are going to even achieve one more stretch goal never mind "smash" them all is not being realistic. Just giving my opinion.

Yea, there needs to be real advertisements for this, and on a regular basis at that(I wish I had the equipment to make video for Youtube, but I don't as of yet do sigh), there hasn't been any new Youtube Videos at all since it went live, and hell was there even a official announcement at all, outside of a Kickstarter update note?

The word of there even being a Paypal options, needs to be spread a lot.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:44 am

Peter wrote: As great as it is that we now have PayPal, I can't help feel that not a lot of funding is going to come from it. In fact, I would be shocked is it gets anything more over 7 million. Yea, I'm being negative, but also realistic.

I think it would be awesome if we could get to 7.5M because that would mean we will get a fully loaded battle system which I think would go a loooong way in favor of the final product's quality. I also think that 7.5M are feasible.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:55 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:

I think it would be awesome if we could get to 7.5M because that would mean we will get a fully loaded battle system which I think would go a loooong way in favor of the final product's quality. I also think that 7.5M are feasible.

I kind of wish all these battle system upgrades weren't there(especially the next one yikes), because we could be expanding the game as a whole greatly instead(lets say if the 4 battle system stretch goals didn't exist, Choubu would be just about fully expanded, providing we do fully expand the battle system ofcourse, and there are a metric ton of awesome things that come with that, nevermind the fact It's the biggest area in the game as well, so we'll have a pretty damn awesome open world game, if we did that).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:11 am

Well, we've been discussing the importance of one stretch goal vs. others here over and over again. We've also been discussing the order of the stretch goals over and over again. No use in going through all that yet another time.

All I can say about this is: In Yu we trust.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:17 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Well, we've been discussing the importance of one stretch goal vs. others here over and over again. We've also been discussing the order of the stretch goals over and over again. No use in going through all that yet another time.

All I can say about this is: In Yu we trust.

Yea, fair enough.

Back to Paypal I suppose, this really needs serious advertising.

Zoltor has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby fittersau » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 am

Gen wrote:
Himuro wrote:
God, I still can't believe III is happening. Sometimes I'm having a bad day or whatever, and I forget, and then I remember anything is possible because Shenmue III exists. :D

I know. I registered as a member of this site around 2003 or 2004, and then for several years I was never logged in, although I checked the news around every E3 only to be disappointed every time. I really thought the series was dead forever. I actually forgot my old login so I just created a new one.

Same, used to participate here before Shenmue Dojo was a part of Gamespy. Also forgot my details. In anycase, for long time fans who used to dream of a continuation to the baffling Shenmue 2 ending, we are finally getting it. Despite all the negative nannies, there's only one great future that awaits us, Shenmue 3. For that I will always be happy about.

fittersau has received 2 thanks from: Gen, Hyo Razuki
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 am

Post-kickstarter paypal campaigns gather usually few money for every games I heard.

The AI battling should the our informal target. The High Ground Battle system could be a realistic goal in the last weeks and if circumstances turn in our favour (shenmue hd, shenmue 3 new trailers), Choubu minigames would be fantastic.

Keep in mind that the stretch goals return is a chance.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Bellator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: @ Anonymous81 :

For once, I disagree with you. We have to limit the media bullshit by make clear the facts and slow down the disinformation virus.
Biased people won't change their opinion immediately but they will be more able to do so when the next news turns in favor of Shenmue 3. And it's one more good occasion to demonstrate our Shenmue passion and make it understand that this game has something special.

By all means, knock yourself out. But personally... I've been on the internet since at least early Netscape, and I can count the number of times anyone that biased on the internet has changed their mind on both hands. If i ball both hands up into two fists, with no fingers. :P

I won't say it's not a worthwhile effort. During the KS campaign, as you know, I posted pretty much everywhere I could day and night trying to do the same thing. However, in retrospect, the impact was extremely minimal.

Surges we received that made any real dent in funding at all arose only from the initial announcement, mainstream news articles (whether they were negative or misinformed or not actually, which was kind of surprising but makes sense,) and when we broke records. Especially that last record, and the timing of it. Holy hell was that ever fortuitous. And the last minute push of course. That was a thing of legends. :)

The impact of what you and others like you had in your efforts of spreading the word and hype of shenmue 3 was not miminal. It was contagious and the campaign would never had broken the world records it did had it not been for people like you.
Just felt i needed to post that.

Bellator has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm pretty amazed by the lack of support for the Pay Pal option...I was expecting all the Japanese fan base to now come on board, but the figure has barely moved in the first 48 hours.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't know why people thought the Japanese fanbase wouldn't use Kickstarter. I know the site is American based and in English, but it's not rocket science... Plus didn't they post a guide for Japanese readers?
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:55 pm

James Brown wrote: I'm pretty amazed by the lack of support for the Pay Pal option...I was expecting all the Japanese fan base to now come on board, but the figure has barely moved in the first 48 hours.

The thing is, the Shenmue franchise was never big in Japan to beginwith(Shenmue 1 takes place in modern day Japan, but Isn't over run by Demons, Godzilla or giant Robot, and the 2nd game takes place in China=enough said), so I really question how many fans there are in Japan, I highly doubt there's many at all.

Outside of Japan is another thing though, there's needs to be more advertising for the Paypal. Look on Youtube, the only thing I saw, was 1 video being negative about it, yet no videos telling people that a Paypal option even exists.

Lets be real, no one gives a rats ass about TGS or whatnot, the only reason we even were interested, because Sega claimed they were gonna announce something, and in the middle of this mess, Yu "snuck" in a Paypal announcement.

Also with how slow the updates on the KS page have been coming, did you really expect most people to check th KS for like 2 months straight.

Very few people even know Paypal is a option sigh, so naturally It's not bringing in many funds.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Yokosuka wrote:

I'm currently writing a long Q&A to spread everywhere on the net and make the process easier for everyone.

Sweet, I will try to use that at least then when I can. If my health were better, I'd have the energy I did last time. But after that last kidney stone, it's just been one thing after another lol.

So far looks like 22K or so raised in threedays or so. At that rate, we could conceivably hit 7 million at least.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III