PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 pm

shredingskin wrote: I do not understand why the people are bitching now. Is it because they didn't launch it right after the KS was over ??

I've never read bitching about a slacker backer before.

I read so many different arguments about how this campaign is supposed to be bad and scandalous. They can't stop to find reasons to trash the project and the click-bait journalists have their responsibility as well.
Globally, people can't stand the idea of a great licence like Shenmue asking for money again and believe there are malicious purposes behind.

Try to post a recap on each article to make the project clearer for everyone, we can still limit the damage. And prepare yourself and your arguments list for the Shenmue HD announcement.

As ShenShun said, the journalists trashing made it clear that the game is going to receive bad reviews whatever the final product. It was already a hard task since Shenmue is a special game but now, all hope has been lost.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Jeff wrote: Sorry for not drinking the shenmue kool-aid, but I have to say that I don't feel good about this. I find the handling on a business level of this amateurish (clearly SEGA alumni). I gave them over $300, I don't have an interests in giving even more. If they had half a brain for business they would have used the $6.3 million raised for a venture loan to get more development money. I really hope their lack of business savvy is made up by their skill in making a video game.

I think it's already the case with each stretch goal directly connected to an investor sum extension.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Here's my prediction.

Shenmue HD announced.

Gaming media = "Sega releases Shenmue 1 and 2 but cant fund Shenmue 3, Beware"

Uneducated masses = "Omg they're stealing our money, Sony is funding it, this is distasteful and wrong, blah blah blah"........

Let's all ignore the fact that the second most funded game, Bloodstained, is STILL accepting paypal donations, even though they also have other investors like Shenmue 3. Hell 80% of projects have slacker backer options.

Shenmue has always had the odds against it, ever since the days of the Dreamcast, but the series continues to fight and live on thanks to all of us. Dont let these negative fucks get you down too much.

Im seriously at a lost for words at how messed up the gaming media is. Shenmue 3 and Mgs5 are prime examples. Im gonna send a message to Adam Koralik, AlphaOmegaSin and HCG. Hopefully, they can help educate the masses and expose these corrupt gaming media outlets as much as possible.

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Himuro
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:32 pm

What happened with mgs5 ? (sorry for the offtopic)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Englishhedgehog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:02 pm

So when will the slacker backer campaign update us on the amount of money pledged?
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Here's how the media works in general. Every human being behind any written article throws a fishing rod out. Each hook has a particular type and/or size of bait on the end of it. The cast is for something... anything to take a bite. The ones who pass go about their business. The one who bites knows nothing else but what happen's instantly after and the end result is short lived. Do yourselves a favor and resist the bite. There can be a bigger better bite immediately after. As humans with a brain, resist the quick nibble and be patient for the biggest, most satisfying meal that you are promised in the future. Date has been provided for those who don't like knowing what's not going to happen.

Yes, I compared you all to fish. Fucked up ain't it? :lol:

Peter has received a thanks from: Himuro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:31 pm

To be fair, my comparison with mgs5 and Shenmue 3 isn't a good. The BS with mgs5 is mainly due to konami, although gaming outlets should review a game properly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101291

I guess my point is, I just want genuine gaming coverage. Coverage without any external influences, clickbait and money opportunities, or being the first outlet to pump out a review even though a game hasn't been covered correctly.

We all knew paypal should have been implemented right after the ks. Then again, im sure the same result would have happened. "Shenmue 3 reaches world record, but still wants your money???? Call the police" lol

I think my main frustration with Shenmue 3 is that the current PR team for the project is US, the fans. Awful Japan haven't done fuck all to control this mess or done anything to really push the project. Its just another gig for them. And SEGA hasn't even acknowledged the game exists.

On the other hand, at least we're in a position to discuss such matters. Shenmue 3 is a reality and its coming out no matter what. Haters gonna hate.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm

To be honest, in this AJ doesn't have much to do. It's one of the more professional slacker backers and they explain pretty much everything.

I guess saying "this is shady" instead of saying "this is what everyone is doing" gives them an edge or something.

Maybe they see us as a religion or something, a community strong enough to cause a bit of stir but not a total backlash like some other bigger games.

I have only read ign (looking for the news) and that pc article posted here (also strong adblock user).

But are we actually living this ?? A place were just saying shit is good enough ?
Everything has to be a fight ? or trying to focus on "controversy" ??
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 pm

shredingskin wrote: To be honest, in this AJ doesn't have much to do. It's one of the more professional slacker backers and they explain pretty much everything.

I guess saying "this is shady" instead of saying "this is what everyone is doing" gives them an edge or something.

Maybe they see us as a religion or something, a community strong enough to cause a bit of stir but not a total backlash like some other bigger games.

I have only read ign (looking for the news) and that pc article posted here (also strong adblock user).

But are we actually living this ?? A place were just saying shit is good enough ?
Everything has to be a fight ? or trying to focus on "controversy" ??

Yea if this was any other project period, no one would notice or even care, but between Yu's legendary status, combined with the huge thing another Shenmue game would be, It's just a easy target for them, to help boost ratings, since negative articles are more popular.

This slacker backer thing is very commonly done, so yea, It's just because they see Yu, and Shenmue 3 as a easy target. Hell Bloodstained reached their max desired goal during KS, yet they even have a slacker backer Paypal option open. I don't recall bad press about that, no one is claiming Iga is requesting more money, even though he clearly doesn't need more, ect(It's open still so people who can get the rewards, still can which is fine, but I'm just pointing that out), yet they're picking on Yu/Shenmue 3 which hasn't reached its max goal, give me a break lol Or better yet lmao, why aren't they picking on Star Citizen, do they really think a Space sim, that is highly based on randomly generated stuff, needs 80m lol, hell no(now that's the kind of crap that should be looked down upon).

Those jackasses who dare call them selves journalists, need to get a fucking life.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Does anyone remember what "AI battling" means ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Does anyone remember what "AI battling" means ?

I don't think Yu ever actually discussed that, but if I had to guess, just sounds like enemies will have a much better AI then.

Well either that or you know how in Shenmue 2, how some of the NPCs/masters you are asked to fight/train with are able to dodge or whatnot nomatter what you do, might be something like that.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Zoltor wrote:
Well either that or you know how in Shenmue 2, how some of the NPCs/masters you are asked to fight/train with are able to dodge or whatnot nomatter what you do, might be something like that.

That would be fantastic if the masters were not full cheated like the old episodes. Because I don't think us or the modern players could accept this sort of non-gameplay again. Although I have difficulties to imagine how Yu can make it possible technically.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:14 pm

It's like when you are fighting and say "good AI", but this time you can go "expanded AI".

Shenmue has this thing of "getting easier" everytime you fail, but that takes quite a bit of development since (I guess) it's not just make character stronger and enemies softer.

But yeah, probably will just be more intelligent enemies, even if we can't compare.

Highground system is interesting, will enemies be able to climb stuff ? or is it that Ryo can avoid conflict by jumping to higher places ? Or does it mean that there's a new set of moves he can do that will deal more damage ?

It's also weird that he wants this to be faster and "cooler", also the whole strategy system he has planned.

For a game developer, I'm really expecting stuff from this game. (not even talking about rapport, and how there's seems to be some branching with the perspective system).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Yu Suzuki said the High Ground Battle System "enables Ryo to have more interaction with his surroundings. I think it will be fun to increase the reaction chains."

He talked of "2x2 km" battles recently too.

Zoltor will be pissed again by reading this lol.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:21 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:The Game Informer title is something like:

"YU SUZUKI WANTS EVEN MORE MONEY"

And all the comments are like WHAT A DISASTER!!!!

Bwahahahahahaha
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III