PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Gamespot choose the worst title :
"Shenmue 3's Kickstarter Is Over, But Its Dev Will Still Take Your Money"

F**** b**** ](*,)

Last edited by Yokosuka on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Jeff wrote: Sorry for not drinking the shenmue kool-aid, but I have to say that I don't feel good about this. I find the handling on a business level of this amateurish (clearly SEGA alumni). I gave them over $300, I don't have an interests in giving even more. If they had half a brain for business they would have used the $6.3 million raised for a venture loan to get more development money. I really hope their lack of business savvy is made up by their skill in making a video game.

You think they're publicly going to reveal business LOANS they get after the 6.3? And you think THEY'RE the ones that lack business sense?!?! LOL.

Also, EVERY KS has a paypal campaign after the fact. What rock have you been living in where Star Citzen got over 60 million dollars in donations via PayPal, but say this isn't business saavy???
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Gamespot choose the worst title :
"Shenmue 3's Kickstarter Is Over, But Its Dev Will Still Take Your Money"

F**** b**** ](*,)

WTF is up these people's asses sigh.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:35 pm

I don't see the news on gamespot.

But if that's really the title, I just feel bad.

Is this what everything means to them ? More clicks ?

They don't care about a very expected game ? phoenix ashes come to life ? a revolutionary game make their new entry ? a legend of game design ??

It's not that they want some clicks, it's that they don't give a shit about videogames.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:41 pm

shredingskin wrote: I don't see the news on gamespot.

But if that's really the title, I just feel bad.

Is this what everything means to them ? More clicks ?

They don't care about a very expected game ? phoenix ashes come to life ? a revolutionary game make their new entry ? a legend of game design ??

It's not that they want some clicks, it's that they don't give a shit about videogames.

I think It's both sigh.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 am

It went from:
6.333.295 $

To
$6,345,990
69,469backers
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Reprise » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 am

Haha the gaming media is actually laughable. Wow, a business offering to provide goods in exchange for consumer's cash? Those evil bastards! And sure, let's ignore the fact 'Slacker Backer' options are normal for nearly all Kickstarters... Idiots.

Just be prepared for the reviews guys.

IGN: "This is no COD" 5/10
Gamespot: "Not enough violence" 4/10

Reprise has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:16 am

Reprise wrote: Haha the gaming media is actually laughable. Wow, a business offering to provide goods in exchange for consumer's cash? Those evil bastards! And sure, let's ignore the fact 'Slacker Backer' options are normal for nearly all Kickstarters... Idiots.

Lol yea that's a sure bet. I stopped looking at IGN, and Gamespot reviews in the late 90s, because I saw what they were turning into, it seriously surprises the hell out of me, that they are still around.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:50 am

Zoltor wrote:
Reprise wrote: Haha the gaming media is actually laughable. Wow, a business offering to provide goods in exchange for consumer's cash? Those evil bastards! And sure, let's ignore the fact 'Slacker Backer' options are normal for nearly all Kickstarters... Idiots.

Lol yea that's a sure bet. I stopped looking at IGN, and Gamespot reviews in the late 90s, because I saw what they were turning into, it seriously surprises the hell out of me, that they are still around.

Well I'm with you in the fact that ign and GameSpot are pure hot garbage, but you have to remember all the other people still reading it and getting a negative impression. That's worse than anything.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby fittersau » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 am

Zoltor wrote:

Let's face it, the level of "gaming journalism" these days much like MSM journalism is pretty poor. It's a sponsor driven event. If you're unwilling to pay, they're unwilling to play. This is just how the game has developed into sadly over the years. So unless Sony throws a whole lot of gratuity-tooshie at IGN, Gamespot, Polygon & Kotaku, expect Shenmue 3 to be ravaged again.

But know this Shenmue-kyodai, the fact they are willing to say these things is a testament to our passion. They know our passion for Shenmue and all they want to harvest it on their pages so advertisers can get more hits. Negative passion is much easier to harvest with click/troll bait articles than well thought out well written critiques that builds and encourages proper direction.

Shenmue 3 is made for the fans, funded by the fans. This will never change. This is already history. We all have brought this dream to life. Yu Suzuki and his team will make the best Shenmue 3 they can with our money, which for 14 years never even was close to having a sequel. So ignore the haters, be content and look forward to the next chapter of Shenmue. 8)

fittersau has received a thanks from: Giorgio
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 am

myshtuff wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Well I'm with you in the fact that ign and GameSpot are pure hot garbage, but you have to remember all the other people still reading it and getting a negative impression. That's worse than anything.

Yea sigh, that's what makes them so annoying, and even somewhat dangerous to the industry as a whole.

To Fitterson: Yea I agree.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:26 am

Shenmue is in a bit of a catch 32 as well. If it fails to modernise enough, it will get ripped apart for "archaic design". If it "modernises" too much, it'll get ripped into for modernising.

Not that I care what the gaming media thinks, but the higher those scores, the higher the sales, the higher the chance of Shenmue 4 happening is.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:37 am

Reprise wrote: Shenmue is in a bit of a catch 32 as well. If it fails to modernise enough, it will get ripped apart for "archaic design". If it "modernises" too much, it'll get ripped into for modernising.

Not that I care what the gaming media thinks, but the higher those scores, the higher the sales, the higher the chance of Shenmue 4 happening is.

It's bad enough Yu is changing the battle system away from having a realistic feel, but frankly I hope there is nothing along the lines of what gaming media would call modernization.

Shenmue 2 had all the "modernization" there ever should be, what more do they want, a marker on the minimap telling you where everything is, screw that. At that rate, wont there be a special button, that automatically finishes the game lol.

Frankly I don't think scum like that, even know what a Adventure game is, nor the purpose of such.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:46 am

Furthermore, Shenmue 3 has an incredible pressure : it is the most awaited game ever and the biggest kickstarter game with the Sony's shadow in the background. Reviewers will show no mercy, so will the newcomers.

Perhaps find a powerful publisher could help us but it would like win the lottery now.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Reprise » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:55 am

Zoltor wrote:
Reprise wrote: Shenmue is in a bit of a catch 32 as well. If it fails to modernise enough, it will get ripped apart for "archaic design". If it "modernises" too much, it'll get ripped into for modernising.

It's bad enough Yu is changing the battle system away from having a realistic feel, but frankly I hope there is nothing along the lines of what gaming media would call modernization.

Shenmue 2 had all the "modernization" there ever should be, what more do they want, a marker on the minimap telling you where everything is, screw that. At that rate, wont there be a special button, that automatically finishes the game lol.

Frankly I don't think scum like that, even know what a Adventure game is, nor the purpose of such.

Agreed on Shenmue 2. I really hope Yu doesn't deviate too far away from the original design, including the VF inspired battle system.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III