PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Additional crowdfunding campaign is officially up~

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:43 am

its a shame they didn't release a new short trailer to coincide with the paypal announcement that also mentioned the paypal campaign links at the end. it would help awareness greatly - considering the previous shenmue 3 trailers had hundreds of thousands of views.

@yokosuka - i just wanted to put the idea out there for a future backer poll, which are supposedly coming back at some point. but yeah, not really worried honestly.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Additional crowdfunding campaign is officially up~

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:54 am

johnvivant wrote: its a shame they didn't release a new short trailer to coincide with the paypal announcement that also mentioned the paypal campaign links at the end. it would help awareness greatly - considering the previous shenmue 3 trailers had hundreds of thousands of views.

Let the world talk about the paypal first. I'm not sure if showing a poor made-trailer again would have raised the people trust.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby ShenBlue92 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:17 am

I don't know if it has been discussed before, but is there an option to upgrade our previous kickstarter pledge ? For example, I could only pledge 100 dollars during kickstarter because I couldn't afford more... Now that I'd like to have the 250$ reward, can I increase my pledge of 150 or do I have to make a separated donation of 250?
ShenBlue92
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:26 am

Seems we do at least have a countdown and an incremental donation counter at shenmue.link/order even if they aren't real time.

I couldn't care less about rewards personally. I agree it would benefit funding to have more of them from the KS available again, and I agree a subscription auto-pay option per month or day would be nice but honestly... it's not very hard to donate a little bit manually every month (or day if so inclined.) It's PayPal - about as easy as it gets imho.

I will do monthly donations and then possibly a big one in December if I can swing it.

Shenmue! To the bitter end! :D
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:01 am

ShenBlue92 wrote: I don't know if it has been discussed before, but is there an option to upgrade our previous kickstarter pledge ? For example, I could only pledge 100 dollars during kickstarter because I couldn't afford more... Now that I'd like to have the 250$ reward, can I increase my pledge of 150 or do I have to make a separated donation of 250?

Latest Kickstarter update says there will be upgrades down the line for KS backers after they send out surveys:

Surveys, add-ons and upgrades
Surveys are not quite ready yet, but they will be going out during this Slacker Backer campaign. Once the survey system is up and running, add-ons and upgrades will be available for existing Kickstarter backers. We will of course keep you posted here on the Updates page with all the developments.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:48 am

The signed statue is sold. It still shows on the site, but you need to click into actually buy it to see that it is currently out of stock.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 am

Unrelated but has anyone heard anything about choosing which physical reward we are opting for? I thought they would ask us right after the Kickstarter campaign ended but they still haven't.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: Unrelated but has anyone heard anything about choosing which physical reward we are opting for? I thought they would ask us right after the Kickstarter campaign ended but they still haven't.

They'll ask us closer to release, in case people change minds/platforms by the time the game comes out.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:19 am

What format do you think that the ph ysical PC will be ?

A dvd ? A BR ? A box with a steam code ? USB ??
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:45 am

shredingskin wrote: What format do you think that the ph ysical PC will be ?

A dvd ? A BR ? A box with a steam code ? USB ??

Floppy disk ;)
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:46 am

I hope it will either be a few DVDs or a BR with the entire game on it. Not just some 10MB on a CD with a fucking installer on it, Metal Gear style.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:59 am

How common are BR drives in PCs these days?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Seinen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Really sad to see that the 80$ s3 world telecom card will remain kickstarter exclusive (as they had put it), I was hoping it would be in the Paypal funding as well, for us unlucky wannabe backers that couldn't pledge, due to various reasons (capital controls issued a bit earlier, for me). :oops:

I really hope they'll change their minds before the campaign's end and add the phone card reward again, showing that they care for us "paypal only" backers and haven't forgot us.

Or at the very least that they'll add it as a dlc later, as happens with many exclusive pre-order rewards in other games, that become dlcs as time passes.

However, releasing the Physical and Digital PC version is a must if they hope to gather a good sum, like it happened with the PS4 Physical copy back in the kickstarter campaign.
Seinen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: losopul
Steam: thisisbuttman
Currently playing: God of War 3

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Took them long enough to come out with this. Glad it finally happened. I hope they add some new mid-range tier awards and promote this all the way through with updates and everything. With 3 months to go it might just be possible reach 10 million. At least it should go in to the 8 million range with some nice expansions for the Choubu area. Fingers crossed!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III