PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Englishhedgehog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

The comments on the IGN article tho
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Shibiryo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:02 pm

I'm clapping, I am seriously, seriously clapping.

They included reward tiers, I thought they would ditch it and it seems like they haven't yet they do need to add an option for free donations so people don't end up with 5 copies of the game.

Now everybody can send their money to Shenmue 3, yay!
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:14 pm

The misinformed articles, commenters and Twitterers are really kind of pissing me off. Why so many crocodile tiers about this game?

The Game Informer title is something like:

"YU SUZUKI WANTS EVEN MORE MONEY"

And all the comments are like WHAT A DISASTER!!!!

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Himuro
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: The misinformed articles, commenters and Twitterers are really kind of pissing me off. Why so many crocodile tiers about this game?

I'm fighting against these morons since the morning to enlighten the truth on several sites.

But we have to be aware that the trolls are mainly kids who have absolutely no clue and would have never donate for a licence that they never played anyway.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:08 pm

The misinformed articles, commenters and Twitterers are really kind of pissing me off. Why so many crocodile tiers about this game?

Yeah, Yu Suzuki makes people pay $29 for a game. What a greedy bastard! Why don't he and the people on the Shenmue 3 team want to get paid anyway? Who do they think they are? Who gets paid for doing their job nowadays, seriously?

This is disgusting! Shame on you, YS Net! ;-)
---------------------------------

Jokes aside, I wonder what kind of people write those articles/comments. Do they work for free?

This is a guy who happens to be one of the greates game creators in history who now runs his own small independent company and is trying to get additional funding to enhance the next installment to his greatest game series. YS Net have to hire people and pay bils in order to do that. And he's offering some rewards in return. If you think he is ripping people off and the rewards are not good value, then don't buy and get the fuck out! It's not like Yu is forcing people to give him funds at gunpoint.

Programmers, debuggers, graphic artists and so forth do not work for free. Computers are not free. Chairs and tables are not free. Electricity is not free. Have those people in the comment sections ever worked a day in their lifes?

They're probably some bunch of 25 year-old virgins who have failed to achieve anything they've ever dreamed about and so they need to get on the internet and slam Yu Suzuki's lifetime achievement and the Shenmue fans. Because the Shenmue community have made their dream happen in a collective effort.

It takes a big loser in life to accumulate that much hatred on a thing which doesn't even concern them. It's sad to see how much negativity there is in mankind. If you don't like Shenmue, that's cool! You don't like Yu Suzuki? Fine, move on! Don't like crowdfunding? Don't participate and move on then! It's a video game. If they don't like it, why do they even care?

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to let off some steam. I know we've had this discussion a dozen times but I sometimes still find it surreal how much negativity and hatred is coming from those people. Well, I guess it's best to leave those pitiful creatures alone. :roll:

Hyo Razuki has received 3 thanks from: James Brown, ShenSun, Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:51 pm

yeah, its annoying that they spread negativity and misinformation about something that they have no interest in, and they don't care about the damage it causes. what do they get out of this? makes no sense.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Dammit, I regret to not have emailed these journalists before they do their shit. #-o It's impressive how the reactions can differ according the article ton.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:21 pm

I agree with Hyo.

Unfortunately, this game will most likely receive negativity all the way up until its released. Gaming journalism is corrupt. This is more apparent than ever after the entire Konami/MGS5 review thing.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Giorgio
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jeff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Sorry for not drinking the shenmue kool-aid, but I have to say that I don't feel good about this. I find the handling on a business level of this amateurish (clearly SEGA alumni). I gave them over $300, I don't have an interests in giving even more. If they had half a brain for business they would have used the $6.3 million raised for a venture loan to get more development money. I really hope their lack of business savvy is made up by their skill in making a video game.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Slacker backer is something that every kickstarter do. It's not them "asking for more money because" it's just standard practice, aimed to those that couldn`t/can't use kickstarter (like a lot of japanese that just don't know the page).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby DL30 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:38 pm

It seems the new copies sold through the Paypal option will be differrent from the kickstarter version.

http://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3-returns-for-more-crowdfunding/

Now I'm definitely going to donate at least $60.
DL30
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:50 pm

I do not understand why the people are bitching now. Is it because they didn't launch it right after the KS was over ??

I've never read bitching about a slacker backer before.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:59 pm

shredingskin wrote: I do not understand why the people are bitching now. Is it because they didn't launch it right after the KS was over ??

I've never read bitching about a slacker backer before.

It seems corrupted clickbait-addict journalism and ethics concern trolls, will not stop the negativity concerning anything about Shenmue (3). (As ShenSun said,) this situation will go on even after Shenmue 3's release (then they will blame it about why it is not as groundbreaking/revolutionary as Shenmue 1&2 were, and how it doesn't live up to the hype/expectations). They love to hate it.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Snakiest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:06 pm

I do think it has to do with the legislation from 2011 when PayPal Japan was forced by a recent law to forbid ingoing money transfers (outgoing were fine). In other words, if somebody was getting money through PayPal in Japan, he or she had to be selling something. I do think they are not offering a free donate button for that reason.

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Not only that, but this is actually one of the most "real" slacker backers, it has and endtime, upgrade tiers, ammount of money raised, stretchgoals.

Most of the other ones are just a preorder. I think broken age had a slacker backer for even a couple of months before release.

Bloodstained is still in slacker backer mode (even after achieving all the stretch goals and saying the KS was to gauge interest).
http://www.fangamer.com/a/kindling/bloodstained

I'm not shitting on bloodstained, just pointing it out.

Is it that they waited after the KS ended ? Clicckbait ? Trying to troll us fans ? Or they just really hate Shenmue ?

I can't find any other option.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III