PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby James Brown » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:17 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
staplepuffs27 wrote: So is it no longer possible to pledge for the $80 phone card to call characters and get the flashback sequences? Is there a way I'll be able to obtain this content upon release?

No, because too many Kickstarter backers wanted it to remain exclusive to them.

Dude wait!!? So are you trying to tell me that no one is going to receive ANY rewards on the Paypal site!!!?

Joking :mrgreen: #MediaReacts
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:05 am

Your last line just spared all those around me from having their brains pulled out through their nostrils. :evil:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby staplepuffs27 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
staplepuffs27 wrote: So is it no longer possible to pledge for the $80 phone card to call characters and get the flashback sequences? Is there a way I'll be able to obtain this content upon release?

No, because too many Kickstarter backers wanted it to remain exclusive to them.
huh well I wonder if there will be a 2nd hand or unofficial way of getting it upon release.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby Kiske » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 am

Kiske wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Amir wrote:
30th May

$6,610,390 --> $6,611,229 (+$830)

72,444 --> 72,453 (+9) (Approx $92.22 per backer)

So much to discuss today that we almost forgot to update Slacker Backer numbers #-o

31th May

$6,611,229 --> $6,611,335 (+$106)

72,453 --> 72,454 backers (+1)

1st June

$6,611,335 --> $6,611,560 (+$225)

72,454 --> 72,458 backers (+4) ($56.25 per backer)

3rd June

$6,611,560 --> $6,612,455 (+$895) ($447.5 per day)

72,458 --> 72,470 backers (+12) (+$74.6 per backer)

Kiske has received a thanks from: Amir
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:30 am

Kiske wrote:3rd June

$6,611,560 --> $6,612,455 (+$895) ($447.5 per day)

72,458 --> 72,470 backers (+12) (+$74.6 per backer)

6th June

$6,612,445 --> $6,614,516 (+$2071) (approx $690 per day)

72,470 --> 72,489 backers (+19) (approx $109 per backer)
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 am

Seems like the paypal isn't slowing down. 8)

Anyone think we're going to hit 7 million??
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:51 am

SMDzero wrote: Seems like the paypal isn't slowing down. 8)

Anyone think we're going to hit 7 million??

Who can say? Always onwards and upwards no matter the goal.

Shenmue has been in the news a bit over the last few days, so hopefully that'll contribute to a nice boost.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Hitting the $ 7 million mark would be absolutely magnifficent! It would mean, we'd get an almost fully fleshed out battle system, with only one battle system-related goal missing. That would be so awesome! Expanded AI system also sounds really thrilling.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Some promotion would see a great intake of funding, but the problem is 2 years crowdfunding advertising in a row for a game thats already more than surpassed its target will just give the media fuel to burn us alive.

Peter has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Englishhedgehog » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Here's the thing though. Let's imagine for a second that the final budget for Shenmue 3 is 6.95 million dollars. Would they really still not be able to make AI battling a thing with only $50,000 less? And if so, what would they would do with the extra $450,000? I know jack shit about budgets, but the idea that you have to reach this exact number and anything even slightly less is useless doesn't make sense to me.
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote: Here's the thing though. Let's imagine for a second that the final budget for Shenmue 3 is 6.95 million dollars. Would they really still not be able to make AI battling a thing with only $50,000 less? And if so, what would they would do with the extra $450,000? I know jack shit about budgets, but the idea that you have to reach this exact number and anything even slightly less is useless doesn't make sense to me.

We don't have to reach an exact number.

The stretch goals aren't directly "this is how much it costs", it's more "this is the amount of extra staff we need to hire, and the time/resources it would take to make this feature happen". We know they're experimenting with features we didn't hit the stretch goal for, like the Higher Ground System. It is yet to be seen if that is a result of extra funding, being able to stretch the money further than originally thought, or just because implementing the system aligned with their overall design goals for the combat system and so became somewhere they could justify diverting their resources.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote: Here's the thing though. Let's imagine for a second that the final budget for Shenmue 3 is 6.95 million dollars. Would they really still not be able to make AI battling a thing with only $50,000 less? And if so, what would they would do with the extra $450,000? I know jack shit about budgets, but the idea that you have to reach this exact number and anything even slightly less is useless doesn't make sense to me.

Actually they're already trying to make the AI battling a reality, it's just not a guarantee. The numbers are only symbolic.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Amir » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:35 pm

I think they should have renamed "AI Battling" to "Dynamic Battling" to better represent what it actually is. That one video clip of Suzuki from that interview demonstrating how moves would change depending on positions was a decent explanation that unfortunately many won't see:

phpBB [video]
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Amir wrote: I think they should have renamed "AI Battling" to "Dynamic Battling" to better represent what it actually is. That one video clip of Suzuki from that interview demonstrating how moves would change depending on positions was a decent explanation that unfortunately many won't see:

phpBB [video]

Mm. I think this and the Higher Ground System will make it into the game in some form, or at least get extensively tested until they decide whether or not it's worth implementing.

I'm not willing to say they got an increased budget without proof, but it does at least seem there is some flexibility in what they've got to go a little further than expected.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:48 am

Spaghetti wrote:

We don't have to reach an exact number.

The stretch goals aren't directly "this is how much it costs", it's more "this is the amount of extra staff we need to hire, and the time/resources it would take to make this feature happen". We know they're experimenting with features we didn't hit the stretch goal for, like the Higher Ground System. It is yet to be seen if that is a result of extra funding, being able to stretch the money further than originally thought, or just because implementing the system aligned with their overall design goals for the combat system and so became somewhere they could justify diverting their resources.

Let's do not forget that beside the money "budget", there's also the "time" budget.
What I mean is that at some point, if they want to release the game on schedule (or with only a short delay) they'll have to decide which features will make it and which ones won't.

This is why it's important imo, to reach the highest amount of funds in the shortest possible time.
Again, pledges upgrades, PC version and above all, big media coverage are what we need in the next month in order to consolidate the budget.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III