Do you think you'll die before S3 release?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you think you will die before Shenmue 3's release (Dec 2017?) (Total votes: 31)

Yes
13%
No
23%
I can die in peace now knowing that Shenmue goes on
65%

Re: Do you think you'll die before S3 release?

Postby MJC The Great » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:00 pm

You know this is something I actually used to write in my messages pleading for Shenmue 3, way before any kickstarter happened. I would write something like "I badly want to see this before I die", not anticipating an early demise or anything but the way things were going, it might never have happened. Now we all just need to stay safe and well for a good couple of years, hopefully far, far beyond! :D

Very best wishes to all, Mj

MJC The Great has received a thanks from: Peter
MJC The Great
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Just Cause 2

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Awesome to see you MJC

Peter has received a thanks from: MJC The Great
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby fittersau » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 pm

We all still have Shenmue 4 to look forward to people, stay positive. 8)
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

The third game is coming out, Shenmue potentially could continue further after that. I can die whenever just knowing that the world sees it more, hopefully it'll expand into the mass audience group. There's no worry that any of us guys need to have. Shenmue keeps us alive, that is as predictable as a mere fact. I could also die knowing that Shenmue fans new and old around the world will get to experience further on, the true epicness that Shenmue delivers. This is good enough to make me happy.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby SMDzero » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Shibiryo wrote: The third game is coming out, Shenmue potentially could continue further after that. I can die whenever just knowing that the world sees it more, hopefully it'll expand into the mass audience group. There's no worry that any of us guys need to have. Shenmue keeps us alive, that is as predictable as a mere fact. I could also die knowing that Shenmue fans new and old around the world will get to experience further on, the true epicness that Shenmue delivers. This is good enough to make me happy.

Would anyone here have given their own LIFE if that was the only way the rest of the world would see Shenmue 3???

You wouldn't live to play Shenmue 3 but because of your sacrifice everyone else would. You'd be memorialized in the game as a Shenmue martyr!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:21 pm

As long as my stones keep passing and don't get any larger, and my other health issues stay in simmer instead of boil, I should be fine for many decades to come. Universe willing.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:26 am

Giorgio wrote: Image

Determination right here. Ryo is fearless, we should be too.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Chaikilla » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Probably not before but almost definitely during my first playthrough (thanks to a heart attack) when Chai makes his return by jumping 50 feet from some Chinese mountain on to Ryo's back.
Chaikilla

Postby Shibiryo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:51 am

So did they get Reuben Kee's family's consent yet? Or anyone else's at all? It is important and they should get onto it now before they forget pronto. Spam them with emails, do evertyhing you can because I believe that putting fellow fan's names on the credits is indeed, a big deal and concern.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby xbluemystx » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:28 pm

That other user was right. What's with you and the subject of death?

To answer the question though, I guess my response is just as morbid and it has crossed my mind since I have to wait 2 years for my passion and it might not even finish the story. I have a serious organ condition that could kill me at any given time. I'd be crushed if I weren't able to finish the story. I've already survived many near-death experiences because of my condition.

Hyo Razuki wrote: I think some die hard 'Muers have already died since the release of S2. Including the man, who recorded this here video. One of the best Shenmue piano videos. Makes me sad to think about him not having lived to see S3.

phpBB [video]

We should all be grateful to be alive and maybe when we play Shenmue 3 I hope that sometimes we will keep in mind that there are some fellow 'Muers who didn't live to see that lifetime dream come true.

Guys. Read the comments by user SuffianGX on this video. Over the past year, he was having a breakdown over the musicians death, talked about suicide 5 months ago, and his comment 3 days ago said something about losing a friend to suicide. I really hope that's not a friend of SuffianGX posting disturbing news.

*edit* I'll post them.

SuffianGX 1 year ago
Fuck you Reuben. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU SO MUCH. 7 FUCKING YEARS. FUCK YOU. WHY. JUST FUCKING WHY. It's been 7 years and I still find myself unable to sleep.

SuffianGX 1 year ago
FUCK YOU

SuffianGX 1 year ago
I MISS YOU, YOU FUCK.

SuffianGX 10 months ago
I'm still here. Always.

SuffianGX 6 months ago
Brah, still keeping up with the times, life hasn't been going my way but I'm holding on man, like you said "the art of dreaming is believing you can hold on."

SuffianGX 5 months ago
Today I realized I fucked up so hard. I keep biting off more then what I can chew. I am the artist of my own destruction. If you were still here would I have become this waste of life? I miss you, I need someone to guide me man. I have saved so many, all I ask is for one to save me.

SuffianGX 5 months ago
Today I might finally join you Sir. It's been an honour to serve.

SuffianGX 3 days ago
Today I lost a friend to suicide. It's tiring you know Sir? I wrote him a poem.

"The waters recede, stillwater horizon. Beachfronts exposed, the buried awake.
Sticks build bridges, have you seen the seeds that built the world? Did the trees hate the wind for kidnapping it's children?

Clocks that stopped ticking, skeletons that remained hidden.
I'm pretty fucking tired of waking up to find that someone else didn't.

I hope in your final moments you remembered how much I respected you as a friend. Fuck you. "

I know you'd disapprove of me addressing others with profanity sir but it's really really fucking tiring to work so hard to protect and care for someone only for them to throw it all away. I should write a poem for you one day sir.
xbluemystx
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SMDzero » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:19 am

Okay.. I'm not going to take any chances dying before Shenmue 3. Until Shenmue 3 comes out I will not drive or fly anywhere. I will stay locked up in my room 24/7 with provisions for 2.5 years and a shotgun for defense. There will be no chance of dying before Shenmue 3 this way... I suggest everyone else follow suit.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Shibiryo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:39 pm

wow a shotgun rlly
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:35 pm

i honesly think im dead already and this is a 2nd dimension where siii is a thing. 8-[
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Previous

Return to Shenmue III