Thanking Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Thanking Sony

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't wanna run over everybody's enthusiasm but maybe we should put the whole thanking thing off until after the game is released. Right now, we're not even done funding the game yet and we've still got more than two years of development ahead.

Yea, I guess we still should make sure they live up to what they promised. We need them to have proper advertising when Shenmue 3 is ready for release, and physical PS4 release(no digital only crap).

Zoltor has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't wanna run over everybody's enthusiasm but maybe we should put the whole thanking thing off until after the game is released. Right now, we're not even done funding the game yet and we've still got more than two years of development ahead.

Fantastic idea!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:28 am

We could also do something after SIII's release, yeah. But at least a simple 'thank you' is already more than appropriate right now, there's really no reason to wait two or more years with that.

But we don't have to of course. I didn't have something like that in mind when I posted this, I was merely trying to make people more aware of it.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Okay, a tweetathon on the 3rd to thank Sony sounds great! Then maybe after SIII releases and if it fulfills its promises we can do the card thing. If someone lives next to Sony hq, we could even pool together to buy a cake, and bring Sony a cake and the cards as a thank you.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Are you done taking the piss? ;-)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Monkei wrote: Are you done taking the piss? ;-)

No! I'm not! I think it would be an awesome gesture.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Sony deserves a lot of credit, but the reason they're not getting it right now is because of the bad press that's resulted from their close association with a crowdfunded game. As fans we don't care about the so-called controversy, and it doesn't change how we feel about their role in Shenmue's revival, but many of us are also not keen to fan the flames and keep the media's damaging words in people's minds.

There will come a time when Sony and Shenmue can be mentioned in the same breath without other gamers jumping to regurgitate the nonsense they've read on Polygon or in GamesMaster, etc, but I don't think that time is now. Especially when the same kind of gamers are already on edge at the moment about the "shadiness" of asking for more money post-Kickstarter, as if that's never been done before.

The closer we get to Shenmue 3's release, the more Sony will get their due. It's just uncomfortable timing at the moment, probably for them as much as anybody.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Monkei
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Previous

Return to Shenmue III