NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 pm

How many japanese companies have connections to the outside world? You know that Japan's economy is highly export based, right?

south carmain has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Esppiral wrote: Such a beautiful thread derailing.

NoconKid needs to bring us the conclusion about the Japanese language. What does he think about this ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:07 pm

south carmain wrote: How many japanese companies have connections to the outside world? You know that Japan's economy is highly export based, right?

I know for some dumb reason, they don't eat the fish they catch, they export such, yet buy their fish from NA fishermen, It's bazaar to say the least(This Isn't a Japanese only practice though, the US does this dumb BS with Chickenl lol).

As far as them being a export driven economy, that doesn't mean they need to do the work involved, like I said, in most cases It's done by 3rd party companies, that aren't Japanese companies.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:14 pm

So what you're saying is that Japanese companies contact foreigners to do work for them yet somehow are not connected to the rest of the world?

Also I fail to see what this has to do with the original point of Japanese being hard or even with the ludicrous claim that the Japanese are trying to replace their native language with English.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 pm

south carmain wrote: So what you're saying is that Japanese companies contact foreigners to do work for them yet somehow are not connected to the rest of the world?

Also I fail to see what this has to do with the original point of Japanese being hard or even with the ludicrous claim that the Japanese are trying to replace their native language with English.

It's the non-Japanese reps reps, that need to know Japanese sadly, not the other way around. All the Japanese need to know, is numbers, and how to say yes/no.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Zoltor wrote:
south carmain wrote: So what you're saying is that Japanese companies contact foreigners to do work for them yet somehow are not connected to the rest of the world?

It's the non-Japanese reps reps, that need to know Japanese sadly, not the other way around. All the Japanese need to know, is numbers, and how to say yes/no.

You mean when I called Japanese teaching company for a job interview and talked to a native Japanese speaker in English?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:23 pm

What exactly are you arguing about with that statement zoltor? I honestly dont see how that backs any of your points even if true.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Zoltor, I'm not a mod, but you routinely derail topics due to overly opinionated views that have nothing to do with the thread topic which are highly uninformed and silly.

Can you please stop?

Himuro has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Himuro wrote: Zoltor, I'm not a mod, but you routinely derail topics due to overly opinionated views that have nothing to do with the thread topic which are highly uninformed and silly.

Can you please stop?

No it all started, because someone said that Yu needs to find more Japanese speakers in the indy scene, and I rightfully pointed out that, that's not going to happen.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Zoltor wrote:
Himuro wrote: Zoltor, I'm not a mod, but you routinely derail topics due to overly opinionated views that have nothing to do with the thread topic which are highly uninformed and silly.

Can you please stop?

No it all started, because someone said that Yu needs to find more Japanese speakers in the indy scene, and I rightfully pointed out that, that's not going to happen.

You do realize that Japanese indie gaming is a thing? Sigh.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Here we go again lol
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Can you please stop?

That is basically brand new, but yes I know It's a thing.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:41 pm

The hentai games I downloaded as a 14 year old teenager say otherwise.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Zoltor wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Can you please stop?

That is basically brand new, but yes I know It's a thing.

You mean like Cave Story, the game that literally ushered in a generation of indie gaming and inspired thousands to start making their own games themselves?

Jesus Christ, just stop.

Himuro has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Or that lol but even since the 90s Japan has had a rather large indie scene making visual novels and non conventional games (like hentai)

south carmain has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III