NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: NoconKid (Shenmue HD) working on Shenmue III :)

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am

shenmue852 wrote: this thread is hilarious. it's like a bunch of Chinese people speculating on whether a Portugese person could work with an Italian.

it'll be easier for Yu and NoCon to communicate with each other than it would be for them to to communicate with, say, 99% of the posters in this thread, who most likely aren't Asian and don't speak an Asian language.

Some people can't resist wallowing in negativity.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:19 am

Yeah, I shall go out on a limb and say Yu and NoconKid both know what they're doing and why. Still super stoked for him. :)

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby shenmue852 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
shenmue852 wrote: this thread is hilarious. it's like a bunch of Chinese people speculating on whether a Portugese person could work with an Italian.

it'll be easier for Yu and NoCon to communicate with each other than it would be for them to to communicate with, say, 99% of the posters in this thread, who most likely aren't Asian and don't speak an Asian language.

Portugese and Italian people share basic English that has been put specially forward in schools since the EU creation, what do Korean and Japanese people share linguistically ?

not all Portugese and Italians speak English, and it's irrelevant to the actual point- people from countries nearby each other that have a certain amount of cultural similarity and history of interaction going back centuries probably won't find it too difficult to communicate. no matter what languages they do or don't speak. Portugese, Spanish and Italian are more mutually intelligible than English and Arabic, or Chinese and French, and the same principle applies to Japanese and Korean.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Probably yes but look at German and French, these languages are completely different so this phenomenon is not always true. I think a NPC in Shenmue I said exactly the same statement with the same example. :)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:12 pm

2bf, for the opportunity of a lifetime like this? I'd learn Kikongo in a week if I had to. Let's be real, I'm sure NoconKid's got it covered between him and Yu. I mean he moved to Japan at a moment's notice.

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Previous

Return to Shenmue III