France Live interviewed Cedric Biscay

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

France Live interviewed Cedric Biscay

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:48 am

Cedric Biscay has been interviewed by France Live.

Here's the video (in French) :

http://www.francelive.fr/france/france- ... kr0FY6G_h4

DEVILLE_David has received 3 thanks from: Amir, fittersau, Kiske
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Re: France Live interviewed Cedric Biscay

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:14 am

Attempted to translate relevant bits:

Shenmue III is a game that has been awaited for many years, and at the same time a series that was extremely complicated to bring back. Many big players in the game industry tried to convince [Suzuki] but none succeeded, we had the opportunity to seriously persuade him and he accepted.

We’ve started development, things are progressing well on the graphical level, testing out the Unreal game engine, so the fans are very happy because we’ve steadily been rolling out new info as development progresses… Each screenshot and video clip is scrutinised by the whole gaming world...

Goes on to talk about MAGIC where Suzuki will be the guest of honour, not only is entry free but signings will be as well! The Astro Boy reboot should be coming out around the same time as Shenmue III.

Would be curious to know who the other players in the gaming world were who tried to bring Shenmue back but couldn't convince Suzuki and/or Sega. I think we can discount Microsoft knowing what we've learnt recently, wonder if there was any merit to those Quantic Dream rumours? Still think that was just clickbait rumourmongering though.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:46 am

There is really nothing I can dislike about this guy.

Hopefully Astroboy will deliver, I stress about the relevance of his project since the last reboot is still pretty recent and rather honourable.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:03 am

Amir wrote:
Goes on to talk about MAGIC where Suzuki will be the guest of honour, not only is entry free but signings will be as well! The Astro Boy reboot should be coming out around the same time as Shenmue III.

Watching Shibuya videos it seems they run a small and humble production company. I'd really like to know what their investments are in Shenmue 3 one day.

Yokosuka wrote: There is really nothing I can dislike about this guy.

Hopefully Astroboy will deliver, I stress about the relevance of his project since the last reboot is still pretty recent and rather honourable.

What a guy. He very much is spurring on the life of the franchises I really love and hold dear. Recently he started to follow Frederick Raynal maker of the original adventure horror Alone in the Dark and one of my favourite isometric games Little Big Adventure. So perhaps LBA 3 is not out of the question.

I do have reservations about Shibuya's involvement with Astroboy, it's such an iconic series whic as you mentioned has recently been rebooted yet again. I hope the art work on the Shibuya Productions site is no where near final as it's a rather awkward Astroboy design.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:36 am

His reboot uses a typical West anime design and the studio in charge is French itself, that's why I'm a little surprised that he mentioned the Japanese market.

Yeah he considers Raynal as his friend. His Toy Commander was one of my greatest Dreamcast experiences personally.

He knows also the director of Life Is Strange. I wonder if he has any relationship with Michel Ancel in a Beyond Good & Evil 3 perspective, that would be insane.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Yokosuka wrote:I wonder if he has any relationship with Michel Ancel in a Beyond Good & Evil 3 perspective, that would be insane.

I'll settle for the second one first. :D

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Return to Shenmue III