Yu Suzuki goes to China. Should we follow?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Yu Suzuki goes to China. Should we follow?

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:30 am

So the recent news is that Mr. Suzuki is in China trying hard to get investors http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49320

Now I wonder if there's something that we can do? Offcourse not actually going there but dragging attention to the game. Contacting chinese fans? Tweetathlon sort of thing? Capsule toys? A flashmob... I don't know... We've got to be able to do something! The dojo community has been doing similar things in the past already.
Sure there's their "own internet" in China. Is it possible to get there anyhow?
Shenmue is like is almost all about China! There has to be a way to let the chinese people/government/investors know that this is a great opportunity to advertise the countra all around the world and we -the fans- would be very grateful if this happens!

-=SPZ=-47 has received a thanks from: fittersau
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Yu Suzuki goes to China. Should we follow?

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 am

Is he in China trying to get investors? Might need to add a source to that. As far as we know he's currently in China for that presentation he gave a few days ago, and for a research trip for Shenmue 3.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:47 am

Spaghetti wrote: Is he in China trying to get investors? Might need to add a source to that.

That's pretty much what presentations are there for. :roll: One shows his work to others, so that they become interested in partnership. You know... Not just for fun...
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 am

-=SPZ=-47 wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Is he in China trying to get investors? Might need to add a source to that.

That's pretty much what presentations are there for. :roll: One shows his work to others, so that they become interested in partnership. You know... Not just for fun...

I wouldn't assume he's there for investors without proof though. Yu had nothing to show at GDC in 2011 and 2014, but he was still there for a presentation, y'know?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:05 am

He's also doing a masterclass so maybe he's looking for investors/funds. No one can say for sure.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am

DEVILLE_David wrote: He's also doing a masterclass so maybe he's looking for investors/funds. No one can say for sure.

I mean, it's certainly possible.

I just don't think it's wise to say something without confirmation, or else some news site might pick it up as fact for another round of faux-outrage.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:32 am

Spaghetti wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote: He's also doing a masterclass so maybe he's looking for investors/funds. No one can say for sure.

I mean, it's certainly possible.

I just don't think it's wise to say something without confirmation, or else some news site might pick it up as fact for another round of faux-outrage.

Of course, I agree with you. We shouldn't spread anything unless it's confirmed. All we know so far is that he's showing Shenmue III to China. That's it. ;-)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 am

Spaghetti wrote:
-=SPZ=-47 wrote:

I wouldn't assume he's there for investors without proof though. Yu had nothing to show at GDC in 2011 and 2014, but he was still there for a presentation, y'know?

GDC 2014 was the first time Gio and Adam met with Suzuki:

And remember what the conference's manager tweeted before GDC 2013:

So hopefully something similarly beneficial comes out of the China conference.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

Amir wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
-=SPZ=-47 wrote:

GDC 2014 was the first time Gio and Adam met with Suzuki:

And remember what the conference's manager tweeted before GDC 2013:

So hopefully something similarly beneficial comes out of the China conference.

It's possible. Though shouldn't this have happened before Yu finalised the game design plan in September?

If I remember rightly the GDC 2013 picture didn't really have anything to do with what eventually became the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter however.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:26 am

They were talking about Shenmue III, guess it led to the Kickstarter one way or another since this is one year after he first heard of it and around the same time he made a deal with Cedric/Shibuya: https://twitter.com/megganpez/status/605836617157206016
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Return to Shenmue III