Tentei? Spoilers inside

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Tentei? Spoilers inside

Postby 7heavens » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:10 am

For a long while now we've known that the boss of all the bosses in shenmue is tentei. I first heard of this character whilst lurking on these forums.

I was wondering when and how did this information leak. Was it during an interview or was it hidden in the coding of the games? And how much information do we know about this character. I guess tentei is a title and not a name as the other bosses have similar titles also I.e. rantei koutei etc.

Can someone please clarify. Thanks

Apologies for not using the spoiler tag earlier on. My bad.
Last edited by 7heavens on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Tentei?

Postby johnvivant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 am

possible spoilers
Kiyuu wrote:
KiD wrote:Do we know for sure there's another above them? Or is this just more speculation?

I believe it's certain. Because, the "Complete Guide," one of the Japanese official
guidebooks, states like this:

"Chi You Men is a secret organization that rules the Chinese black market.
Lead by the most powerful man named 'Tentei,' four leaders operate the organization.
... (omits)
It's Tentei who gave Lan Di the direct order to grab the Dragon and Phoenix mirrors,
but his real intention is still in mystery."

Tentei means 'heavenly emperor'
Last edited by johnvivant on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 am

Please calm down with spoilers 7heavens, not everyone knows about Tentei. Thanks.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:00 pm

7heavens wrote: For a long while now we've known that the boss of all the bosses in shenmue is tentei. I first heard of this character whilst lurking on these forums.

I was wondering when and how did this information leak. Was it during an interview or was it hidden in the coding of the games? And how much information do we know about this character. I guess tentei is a title and not a name as the other bosses have similar titles also I.e. rantei koutei etc.

Can someone please clarify. Thanks

Please add a spoiler tag to your thread title.

SHENMUE 3+ SPOILERS IN MY DESCRIPTION BELOW

Tentei is the leader of the Chi You Men and probably a dude who wants to rule the world. In the Shenmue story, Tentei would have a way of doing this that involves the two mirrors. This can be figured out with some extensive research into what the "treasure" really is. However, for that information, please wait for the next games to release :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Well.

I can't reveal how he/she/it looks like but the only thing I am allowed to say is : Tentei exist and is the boss of the Chiyoumen. Beside the guide's info, Yu Suzuki also explained/confirmed it during an interview.

Video :

phpBB [video]
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Hanzumon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:58 pm

One possible Solution:

Lan Di = Darth Vader
Tentei = The Emperor

Maybe Tentei kills Lan Di´s Father and manipulate Lan Di to kill Ryo`s Father. Maybe is all a "big plan" of Tentei to get both mirrors ...

Hanzumon has received a thanks from: sshen1127
Hanzumon

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby sshen1127 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Yu Suzuki : Lan Di (Rantei-Souryu/藍帝(蒼龍)) is the east leader. His name also means Blue Dragon. About Niao Sun, she also has another name : 炎帝 (Entei), and rules over the South part and is represented by a Phoenix.

Now, regarding the last 2 bosses, no one has seen them yet. One of them is Koutei (昊帝) and leads the West part and is represented by a Tiger. The last one is Gentei (玄帝), covers the North part and is represented by a Turtle.

Oh and, Ziming Hong is not one of the 4th leaders.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

sshen1127 has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 pm

sshen1127 wrote:
Yu Suzuki : Lan Di (Rantei-Souryu/藍帝(蒼龍)) is the east leader. His name also means Blue Dragon. About Niao Sun, she also has another name : 炎帝 (Entei), and rules over the South part and is represented by a Phoenix.

Now, regarding the last 2 bosses, no one has seen them yet. One of them is Koutei (昊帝) and leads the West part and is represented by a Tiger. The last one is Gentei (玄帝), covers the North part and is represented by a Turtle.

Oh and, Ziming Hong is not one of the 4th leaders.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

Yeah that was from my first interview. I'm sure you'll love the last leaders. ;-)

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: sshen1127
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I think we still won't know squat about Ten Tei after Shenmue 3. The fella will probably figure into Shenmue 4 or 5.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby sshen1127 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:01 pm

according to a reliable interview . in shenmue 3 there will be infiltration mission for chiyoumen
sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Tentei? Spoilers inside

Postby Hanzumon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:01 pm

For me the big question is, we will see all four bosses and tentei in the next games?

Suzuki wants to do the complete story in only five games. In the first two games, Ryo dosesn`t defeat one of these bosses.

So in the next three games, Ryo had to fight with three bosses, his nemesis Lan Di, Chai and Tentei in the end?

My big fear is, that Yu cuts one or two of the nameless bosses away, so that we get Chai (Ryo maybe defeat him in Shenmue III) and the trio "Niao Sun, Lan Di and Tentei" in Shenmue IV and V ...

But that really mean, that Yu Suzukis cuts two bosses and two interessting chapters away. I don´t like that. I want the complete story. I don`t have a problem, if any Shenmue-Chapter would be a single game an we get eleven Shenmue-Games and the biggest saga in videogame history ...

Do you believe, that Suzukis cuts one or two of the four bosses to get a shorter Shenmue-Story?
Hanzumon

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Ryuman » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Hanzumon wrote: For me the big question is, we will see all four bosses and tentei in the next games?

Suzuki wants to do the complete story in only five games. In the first two games, Ryo dosesn`t defeat one of these bosses.

So in the next three games, Ryo had to fight with three bosses, his nemesis Lan Di, Chai and Tentei in the end?

My big fear is, that Yu cuts one or two of the nameless bosses away, so that we get Chai (Ryo maybe defeat him in Shenmue III) and the trio "Niao Sun, Lan Di and Tentei" in Shenmue IV and V ...

But that really mean, that Yu Suzukis cuts two bosses and two interessting chapters away. I don´t like that. I want the complete story. I don`t have a problem, if any Shenmue-Chapter would be a single game an we get eleven Shenmue-Games and the biggest saga in videogame history ...

Do you believe, that Suzukis cuts one or two of the four bosses to get a shorter Shenmue-Story?

I don't think you need to worry about that.
Despite Shenmue I covering only a single chapter, 4 games (Or even that very ideal 5th game!) would be enough to get the story across. The Chiyoumen bosses are not the kind of things Suzuki would cut out, since they're part of the main conflict. I would say Niao Sun is III's prime enemy at this point anyway, given Shenmue II's tease and what Yu himself tells us in recent interviews.

Cutting the leaders of two whole cardinal directions seems very unlikely for the sort of story Shenmue is.
Perhaps Chai, Niao Sun and whatever else (Ziming? Or maybe he's later) in III. Then the remaining 2 leaders (Wherein one could be a brief conflict). Next the big confrontation with Lan Di and finally Tentei as some kind of final boss or something in IV (Spread that across in the event of there being a V)

Who knows, really. It's up to how Suzuki decides to order everything. But I think all 4 cardinal bosses are a safe bet. I mean hey, David's seen'em, right? ;-)
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Ryuman wrote:
Hanzumon wrote: For me the big question is, we will see all four bosses and tentei in the next games?

Despite Shenmue I covering only a single chapter, 4 games (Or even that very ideal 5th game!) would be enough to get the story across. The Chiyoumen bosses are not the kind of things Suzuki would cut out, since they're part of the main conflict. I would say Niao Sun is III's prime enemy at this point anyway, given Shenmue II's tease and what Yu himself tells us in recent interviews.

Cutting the leaders of two whole cardinal directions seems very unlikely for the sort of story Shenmue is.
Perhaps Chai, Niao Sun and whatever else (Ziming? Or maybe he's later) in III. Then the remaining 2 leaders (Wherein one could be a brief conflict). Next the big confrontation with Lan Di and finally Tentei as some kind of final boss or something in IV (Spread that across in the event of there being a V)

Who knows, really. It's up to how Suzuki decides to order everything. But I think all 4 cardinal bosses are a safe bet. I mean hey, David's seen'em, right? ;-)

You're right. Their boss but I don't really like to talk about it because people are going to say that I'm bragging, which is not the case since I tend to avoid the topic. ;-)

My main concern was to make sure people wouldn't worry about Shenmue III's content and incoming story and in order to do that, I felt like I had to answer your question. I'm sure you'll all love it. Yu Suzuki is a genius and everything is well planned. We won't be disappointed.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:49 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:
Ryuman wrote:

You're right. Their boss but I don't really like to talk about it because people are going to say that I'm bragging, which is not the case since I tend to avoid the topic. ;-)

My main concern was to make sure people wouldn't worry about Shenmue III's content and incoming story and in order to do that, I felt like I had to answer your question. I'm sure you'll all love it. Yu Suzuki is a genius and everything is well planned. We won't be disappointed.

I guess some folks here (including myself) are afraid that Shenmue 3 won't extend the main story to the same extent that Shenmue 2 did. Hopefully we're wrong.. but knowing that only 2 chapters are covered was a bitter pill to take... I wish we all saw the same content you did and thus had your confidence.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:45 am

SMDzero wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote:
Ryuman wrote:

I guess some folks here (including myself) are afraid that Shenmue 3 won't extend the main story to the same extent that Shenmue 2 did. Hopefully we're wrong.. but knowing that only 2 chapters are covered was a bitter pill to take... I wish we all saw the same content you did and thus had your confidence.

If you think about it, Shenmue Yokosuka only had chapter one but was quite long to finish (the first time atleast). Most games can be cleared within 10-30 hours nowadays (of course you can still run into games like Xenoblade X).

People are going to check all the small items, talk XX times to NPC and enjoy the game as much as they can. Having 2 chapters shouldn't be a problem. Would you rather have 2 great and very well detailed chapters or 4 short chapters with many parts missing ? That's the question I guess. To be honest, I'm all for the first option. ;-)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III