Shenmue III spoilers - avoid or embrace?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How hard are you trying to avoid Shenmue III spoilers? (Total votes: 29)

Avoiding completely. I don't want to know any spoilers, even tiny things, to keep it fresh.
21%
Somewhat avoiding. I don't mind learning some details, but don't want major information spoiled.
66%
Not avoiding at all. I'm happy to learn anything I can about the game beforehand.
14%

Re: Shenmue III spoilers - avoid or embrace?

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
DEVILLE_David wrote: And have to keep in mind that Shenmue's story has changed. Like Yu Suzuki loves to say, there's the "original story" and what Shenmue is today.

I'll probably watch trailers etc as I don't really mind spoilers anymore. But I have to agree about the Nico Nico's video spoiler. That one was huge and I wasn't expecting him to reveal it so soon. :mrgreen:

Until which point the story has changed ? If it's just about quests between keys points of the story, it's not a big deal. But if the change concerns the identity or the will of some characters, that would sound really enigmatic.

Cut chapters, characters etc.

Has he expressed any desire to release the novel he created for the basis of the story? I'd be interested in reading that, after Shenmue is over and done with.

To be honest I never had this conversation with him, we never talked about a novel or a book. His wish is to release the full story through a game if he has the chance to and that's probably why Shenmue III is not ending the story.

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Previous

Return to Shenmue III