"Ragdoll Reaction" stretch goal unlocked

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

"Ragdoll Reaction" stretch goal unlocked

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:13 am

Yu Suzuki : Some of you may know what the Ragdoll physics is. If you release the strength of the body, it becomes like a doll, that's not really natural. That's why we're working on the «Motion Blending», adding some resistance to the muscles for example, to obtain realistic moves.

In a Virtua Fighter scene, patterns were determined by the Motion Capture, but with the Ragdoll physics, moves won't repeat over and over. If you get into something (like a wall) the reaction won't be the same. In fact, I'd like to combine the «Ragdoll Physics», the «Motion Blending» and «IK Constraint» to make the NPC and battle's reactions as real as possible.
(source : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49223)

Yokosuka has received 6 thanks from: iyapol, johnvivant, Mr357, Nankeiro, Telekill, VukBZ2005
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Re: "Ragdoll Reaction" stretch goal unlocked

Postby Telekill » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 am

Congrats to all those that donated, all the fans, and of course, Yu Suzuki for reaching this goal. =D> I admit that I had my doubts we would reach the $6.5 million mark by the time the Paypal funding was supposed to end but we all did it. Of course, the Paypal funding was then extended indefinitely, but hey... the more funding, the better the game right?

While I don't anticipate reaching the $7 mil mark for quite some time (if ever), more funding will only help the game.

Again, congrats to everyone anticipating the release of Shenmue 3. The next two years will be torture for waiting.

Telekill has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, johnvivant, VukBZ2005
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:04 am

=D> =D> =D>
Thanks to everyone that donated to improve Shenmue 3. Happy New Year.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby reptile » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 am

What Yu Suzuki has said about Ragdoll Physics is exciting. It seems as though the battles in Shenmue III will be more realistic than before and I like that.

It sounds really good actually and I don't think that people are going to have the same way of doing a battle in Shenmue III because of how everything will look different and correspond to the environment, gripping stuff!
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 am

reptile wrote: What Yu Suzuki has said about Ragdoll Physics is exciting. It seems as though the battles in Shenmue III will be more realistic than before and I like that.

It sounds really good actually and I don't think that people are going to have the same way of doing a battle in Shenmue III because of how everything will look different and correspond to the environment, gripping stuff!

Well, not exactly realistic. The phrase Yu has used a lot for the Shenmue 3 battles is cinematic, but I'm sure his definition of cinematic is different from most mainstream game developers who use the idea of cinematic gameplay as a crutch for taking control away from the player.

Without seeing the battle system for myself, I would say Yu's descriptions seem more 'dynamic' than 'cinematic' and 'realistic'. A lot of the combat stretch goals seem to focus on making the fighting variable and highly dynamic based on your environment and the skill tree system (I literally only remembered this was in Shenmue 3) where you should be able to spec out Ryo's style of fighting to your own playstyle.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 am

2bf are we expecting something along the lines of Rockstar's 'Euphoria' technology but for martial arts?

That would be sweet :)
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue III