Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revamp

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:59 am

Giorgio wrote: Flippant comment: Maybe we should start a petition to make Ys Net fire Awesome Japan from being their PR team...

On a more serious plan, someone from the Dojo or any fan should offer free services to collaborate with them as official corrector and community mediator, and too bad if they're still paid for doing nothing.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Kintor wrote:It's not a pretty solution but given Awesome Japan's slow reaction times coincidental timing at the Oculus Rift's expense might be our best way to minimise any further damage.

"...and speaking of VR calamities, one designer in favor of this so-called revolution is Yu Suzuki, whose crowdfunding campaign for..."
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Funny that, of all the things they could do, Awesome Japan screwed Shenmue fans with a poll result. Someone clearly didn't do their research.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kintor » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Kintor wrote:It's not a pretty solution but given Awesome Japan's slow reaction times coincidental timing at the Oculus Rift's expense might be our best way to minimise any further damage.

"...and speaking of VR calamities, one designer in favor of this so-called revolution is Yu Suzuki, whose crowdfunding campaign for..."

You'd think so but I don't think the clickbait websites will be using anything as high-brow as words.

They only need to re-host this image on their frontages:

In the days ahead Facebook's PR team could have their hands full dealing with all the clikbait websites declaring open season on the Oculus Rift. Which will spare Shenmue 3 from any further embarrassment that Awesome Japan might have otherwise caused.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:40 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Giorgio wrote: Flippant comment: Maybe we should start a petition to make Ys Net fire Awesome Japan from being their PR team...

On a more serious plan, someone from the Dojo or any fan should offer free services to collaborate with them as official corrector and community mediator, and too bad if they're still paid for doing nothing.

There have been some offers from people across the community as far as I am aware, but their communication skills have spoken for themselves when it comes to getting a reply.

I am just trying to forget about this whole update and move on. What's done is done and I just hope in time, the mood turns more positive again and this can be a memory to be laughed at alongside the gifs of Joel Tess.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby reptile » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm happy for the website however I think a minority will visit it
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby VukBZ2005 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Peter wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

There have been some offers from people across the community as far as I am aware, but their communication skills have spoken for themselves when it comes to getting a reply.

I am just trying to forget about this whole update and move on. What's done is done and I just hope in time, the mood turns more positive again and this can be a memory to be laughed at alongside the gifs of Joel Tess.

We should move on from the poll results, but there's no getting around the reality that AJ is a major problem and the risk here is that the more we try to ignore them, the more chances they have to screw things up. This behaviour of theirs needs to stop, as one user here said, "sooner rather than later".
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:48 pm

I agree AJ have been a shambles. It's been adamant from the first Twitch stream. But if people really believe that AJ will be relieved of their duties then I fear they will be disappointed. The majority of the work has been done and crowdfunding secured. If people want to sharpen their pitchforks and burn them out over a poll, I would say either calm down, or put your energy into something a little more rewarding because it's not gonna happen.

It was a poll. People are not being offered a wallpaper, in game phone card, Corey Marshall voice message or other in game digital content so now it's an online campaign to oust them. I read one jokers comment today on the Kickstarter legitimately asking for his money back, and fingers being pointed around them exclaiming, "YOU VOTED NO? YOU ARE NOT A TRUE SHENMUE FAN!!"

Some of the comments i have read have been laughable and quite frankly, people need to get a grip.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: jakester, Jibby, Reprise
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Hanzumon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 pm

In my opionen the complete paypal-compaign is only a big failure. I will not invest any more money in this compaign.

I´m glad, that I orded my collectors edition on kickstarter. But this pay-pal-thing is only a joke. A bad joke!!! ](*,)
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby ShenSun » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:08 pm

I hear ya Peter, but i think a good majority of the fans are pissed at AJ for constantly screwing up. Maybe they wont be replaced, but their continuous incompetence needs to be addressed. We all want Shenmue 3 to succeed and reach its full potential and there is a common problem that keeps popping up. Awesome Japan.

Whoever is in charge of their contract needs to seriously sit them down and discuss their unprofessionalism and mistakes. We can't have this happening going forward, especially considering some media outlets are looking for any excuse to rip shenmue apart.

The poll doesnt really bother me too much, its the unnecessary effect its having on Shenmue in general and AJ constant screw ups. Like i mentioned previously, this scenario and reaction will happen again and again if it doesn't get addressed.

Clickbait articles are one issue, but simple errors and incompetence that indirectly fuel clickbait journalist is another unfortunate problem we have.

This post may come across negative, but i think we need to address the negative issues fully, so we can put them to rest once and for all and never have to worry about them again.

Just my thoughts

ShenSun has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, James Brown, Peter, punkmanced, VukBZ2005
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Word, Peter. Word.

Excuse the lame metaphors, but we've climbed the mountain and we're over it now. The game has been funded, fact. The game is in development, fact. Shenmue 3 is coming out, fact. It's time to stop nitpicking and end the negativity, in my opinion. AJ's role is minimal and the 'slacker backer' campaign is a perfunctory late option for those who missed the real campaign and not worth obsessing over. in the slightest. Oh I'm sorry, there are people who genuinely believe that with better marketing and a few extra rewards, the game would have raised millions in addition to the KS. Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. The vast majority of people who wanted to back the game, would have done so in the real Kickstarter. The late backing option is there for those who missed it.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Monkei
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:24 pm

It's been half a year now and their unprofessionalism has already been addressed, especially observable when Awesome Japan offered an apology for themselves (written at the end of this update), for the circus/clown-party that was the first Twitch stream.

Therefore, no matter the anguish raised among us, it seems the only good use of energy/time is to stay still at the doomed PR boat that will lead us through and until the release of Shenmue 3...

phpBB [video]

P.S.: But just to stay sane, maybe it's not bad to get out of our chests (even with humorous ways) the AJ tragedy we experience...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby joka » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Not going to lie I saw the update and just thought 'oh well' for the PayPal backers and then forgot about it... Until I started to see constant posts on Facebook moaning!

I think this exclusive rewards issue all a bit OTT- what does it mean PayPal backers actually miss out on except the phone card and how many people will actually miss out?

The core purpose of backing should be funding development of the game- not the backer rewards!

joka has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Reprise
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Yea, I dont mean my post to sound as negative as it did, just like ShenSun, I can just get a bit passionate when shenmue fans question other Shenmue fans, and then try to create a dramatic stir. In fact, that is drawing attention to stuff, but then complain when the media notices the attention and then reports on it.

You can get stuff off your chest regarding Awesome Japan. I fully agree with every criticism I have read about them, and to be honest I still cannot read the wallpaper rewards, "real deal Ryo and sure as sugar Shenhua". I knew the day I read that this was amateurish. But I believe we are honestly stuck with them. Locked in. They will have contracts with toy creators etc, for the production and distribution of the rewards in 2017. They are with us all the way, so you can lose hairlines, fingernails, sleep etc and I don't think it's gonna do anything.

One more thing: bigger picture.

The simple fact that the Paypal campaign is now open indefinitely is a GOOD thing. Best news this past month in fact. Money will always go in, and never come out. On the basic level, that alone keeps me happy. When people email asking for their money back, that's when I get fucked off.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Monkei, Reprise, ShenSun, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ShenSun » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Its such a tricky situation. On one hand, I do think we are stuck with them due to contract obligations. On the other, I think there are clear reoccurring problems with the company that needs addressing, as mentioned earlier http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=1126974#p1126974

We all have valid opinions

With regards to the paypal campaign, my view is probably a little extreme as i think the donations should stay open "forever", or at least until we have enough funds to finish the story, or until a publisher / company pick up the series post Shenmue 3.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III